growing Islamophobia

Aries

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2017
New York
Two men have been killed as they tried to stop a man abusing two women who appeared to be Muslim, police in the US city of Portland say.

The abusive man turned on the two men and fatally stabbed them, police said.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations urged President Trump to speak out against increasing Islamophobia in the US.

It accused the president of exacerbating the trend with his statements and policies.

Police have identified the suspect as Jeremy Joseph Christian, 35. He has been charged with offences including aggravated murder, attempted murder, intimidation and being a felon in possession of a restricted weapon.

"Suspect was on the train and he was yelling and ranting and raving a lot of different things, including what would be characterised as hate speech or biased language," said Sgt Pete Simpson.

"In the midst of his ranting and raving, some people approached him, appeared to try to intervene with his behaviour. Some of the people that he was yelling at, they were attacked viciously by the suspect, resulting in the two deaths and one injury."

Jeremy Joseph Christian was arrested shortly after he got off the train. The two women he was abusing - one of whom was said by eyewitnesses to have been wearing a headscarf - left the scene before police could speak to them.

However one of the girls' parents later told the Oregonian newspaper that they were teenagers, one black and one Muslim.

Dyjuana Hudson said the attacker "was saying that Muslims should die."

Portland deaths: Two stabbed trying to stop anti-Muslim abuse - BBC News

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

>> May 26: A man riding the MAX [light rail service] in Northeast Portland [Oregon] fatally stabbed two passengers who tried to stop him from hurling racial and anti-Muslim insults at women on the train, witnesses tell WW's news partner KATU-TV.

The suspect is currently in Portland police custody. The stabbing occurred at about 4:30 this afternoon as the light-rail train pulled into the Hollywood Transit Center.

Details of the triple stabbing, which killed two men, are still emerging. But eyewitness reports to KATU and The Oregonian indicate it was an anti-immigrant hate crime.

Witnesses told KATU’s Joe Douglass the stabbing suspect was hurling racial insults at two women with dark skin, one of whom was wearing a headdress. Two men who came to the woman’s defense had their throats slashed by the suspect, witnesses said.

Another witness says she saw two women who appeared to be of Middle Eastern-descent get on the train. At least one of them was wearing a headdress. The suspect was asking them questions when he got belligerent. When another bystander tried to calm him down, the man took out a knife and began stabbing people.

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’ [he said he] doesn’t like Muslims, they’re criminals,” Evelin Hernandez said. ....<< (original report --- Willamette Week)

Followup: Perp was White Supremacist who delivered Nazi Salutes and Racial Slurs at "Free Speech" Rally

>> I shook the killer's filthy hand 28 days ago. Mine feels tainted now, as though I somehow sanctioned his act, though I was only trying to get some information out of him.

He had just marched through Montavilla Park chanting "n*gger" and throwing fascist salutes, wearing an American Revolutionary War flag like a cape.

It was this act that sparked the first moment of chaos at the "free speech" rally on April 29 in Montavilla Park, which then proceeded down 82nd Avenue, a miserable replacement for a neighborhood parade canceled due to the threat of political violence. The man in the flag cape was quickly swarmed by scrawny young antifa kids, then by officers from the Portland Police Bureau.

After the scrum dispersed, I stood by watching while police searched his backpack. They seemed to know that, prior to the march, he had posted a Facebook message threatening to "shoot to kill POLICE if they ATTEMPT DISARM" anyone openly carrying a firearm to the rally. <<

Whelp --- this is exactly why we try to control the hatemongers on this site as well. Here, two of us have been slaughtered for standing up against such bigotry.

Time to assess where you're going with this, doncha think haters?

This is a disgusting and hateful act in every way, shape and form. There is no defense for it, and defending it by pointing out hateful acts by others would be an utterly disgusting thing to do.

Speaking of disgusting, Why some underhanded poster would try to make some sort of political hay against "haters" who have never indulged in this behavior is beyond the pale, especially when this poster is one of the many examples of the second sentence in this posting.

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’ [he said he] doesn’t like Muslims, they’re criminals,”.

What like someone who murders two people? The same mindset for one of these religious whackjobs who think abortion is murder and murder is wrong so they murder a doctor. A mind that has short-circuited.

If this were a Muslim anywhere in the West, there would be five threads on it already. But this is a good ole American boy; a guy who doesn't like Muslims or a lot of other folks different from him. Exercising his American right of free speech, he was ranting against this one and that one on a train in Portland Oregon last night. He turned his focus on two Muslim girls in the car, one wearing a hijab. Two guys intervened and were killed by Christian. A third is in the hospital but expected to be okay.

Crickets here. You guys are making me sick with your whining about violent liberals, playing that same video from months ago of protesters breaking windows at Berkeley. This is violence too. But it's okay to ignore and not condemn because .... why? Guy broke more than windows in his hate.

170527093457-jeremy-joseph-christian-exlarge-169.jpg

Jeremy Joseph Christian (pic from CNN--Fox hasn't put one up)
Portland police: Man yelling ‘hate speech’ on light rail stabs, kills 2 men, injures 1

This is a disgusting and hateful act in every way, shape and form. There is no defense for it, and defending it by pointing out hateful acts by others would be an utterly disgusting thing to do.

Speaking of disgusting, Why some underhanded poster would try to make some sort of political hay against "haters" who have never indulged in this behavior is beyond the pale, especially when this poster is one of the many examples of the second sentence in this posting.

Ah but this particular hater DID engage exactly in this behaviour. It's right there in the report.

Me, I simply observe the commonality between what rhetoric led him to do it, and the same rhetoric expressed on these pages. That commonality is not going away. We can deal with it, or we can keep swimming in the same soup expecting different results.

As you point out, going :lalala: is indeed one of the options. It's easier, isn't it.

Hang the individual and be done woth. Forget mental illness, forget sympathy, and remember the individual deserve the same type of death he gave to those he killed.

Just do it this way and watch how quickly all sides start to behave and stop the bullshit we see today, and yes I also have defended minorities in this country and welcome the day when someone want to end my life for being this way...

Your article states he didnt just rant on Muslims, he included other factions.

Maybe you missed that part? :dunno:

Reads like his cheese fell off his cracker

Have you expressed outrage for the Coptic Christians that were murdered in Egypt? Or were there crickets?

If this were a Muslim anywhere in the West, there would be five threads on it already. But this is a good ole American boy; a guy who doesn't like Muslims or a lot of other folks different from him. Exercising his American right of free speech, he was ranting against this one and that one on a train in Portland Oregon last night. He turned his focus on two Muslim girls in the car, one wearing a hijab. Two guys intervened and were killed by Christian. A third is in the hospital but expected to be okay.

Crickets here. You guys are making me sick with your whining about violent liberals, playing that same video from months ago of protesters breaking windows at Berkeley. This is violence too. But it's okay to ignore and not condemn because .... why? Guy broke more than windows in his hate.

Portland police: Man yelling ‘hate speech’ on light rail stabs, kills 2 men, injures 1
Its OK can't you see the picture shows he is a white male....

As you point out, going :lalala: is indeed one of the options. It's easier, isn't it.

I didn't do that all, my little regressive. I condemned the act unequivocally rather than indulge in the sort of apologia that has become part and parcel of you non-liberal leftists who launch into your de rigueur defense when the perpetrator of the hate is motivated by Islam.

Hang the individual and be done woth. Forget mental illness, forget sympathy, and remember the individual deserve the same type of death he gave to those he killed.

But wait, not so fast. First we absolutely must find out what his religion is, along with his shoe size, astrological sign, numerology index, biorhythm chart and eye color, so that we may then construct blanket Association Fallacies condemning Lutheranism, size 9½ feet, Pisceans, the number 8 and people with brown eyes as causations. Or, if any of those match our own, absolutely not causations. That's how we roll here on the internets.

Secondly liberals have a funny way of defining hate speech! They tend to dub any speech they disagree with hate speech. And that terrorist Obama gave his freedom? He bombed America over a hundred times and killed people and the liberals call him a freedom fighter. Yes, and he is the honoree in a parade in NYC. So, tell us about hate speech. Let us define that!

But wait, not so fast. First we absolutely must find out what his religion is, along with his shoe size, astrological sign, numerology index, biorhythm chart and eye color, so that we may then construct blanket Association Fallacies condemning Lutheranism, size 9½ feet, Pisceans, the number 8 and people with brown eyes as causations. Or, if any of those match our own, absolutely not causations. That's how we roll here on the internets.

You do that while I find a tall tree and short rope and teach the sick bastard my version of neck breaking bungee jumping...

:smoke:

Just do it this way and watch how quickly all sides start to behave and stop the bullshit we see today, and yes I also have defended minorities in this country and welcome the day when someone want to end my life for being this way...

Totally agree, Oregon has the death penalty, this is a good time to use it. The issue is the state's death penalty is humane and the guy as you say deserves the same type of death he gave his victims.

I hope the guy fries for this, and if the OP can uncover a network of these guys bent on killing Muslims and destroying their culture in the name of Christ let us know.

170527093457-jeremy-joseph-christian-exlarge-169.jpg

Thanks -- I just posted this too.

How ironic his name is "Christian" huh.

As noted in the other thread, this is exactly what all this bullshit hatemongering leads to. And now we're getting killed for it. Sure ain't gonna slow me down though.

Not unlike that other bigot hatemonger who opened fire on some Indians. The guy that intervened there got shot but survived.

Then there was this restaurant patron in Minnesota who got up and smashed a beer mug in a woman's face for the crime of speaking Swahili with her own family.

-- Exactly where these anti-diversity (read: WASP Supremacy) wags would have us descend.

Last edited:

Why some underhanded poster would try to make some sort of political hay against "haters" who have never indulged in this behavior is beyond the pale,
Really? Then why do so many here do that to liberals who have never indulged in this behavior, either? Just think about it. It doesn't feel good, does it?

Forum List

Back