Great Quote from Bush Today

Discussion in 'Politics' started by -Cp, Oct 6, 2004.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    ROFL - GREAT QUOTE FROM BUSH TODAY:

"Senator Kerry said our soldiers and Marines are not fighting for a mistake but also called the liberation of Iraq a colossal error. He said we need to do more to train Iraqis, but he also said we shouldn't be spending so much money over there.

He said he wants to hold a summit meeting so he can invite other countries to join what he calls the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time. He said terrorists are pouring across the Iraqi border but also said that fighting those terrorists is a diversion from the war on terror.

You hear all that and you can understand why somebody would make a face."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    dayyyyaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnnn.

3. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    If I might try to put Bush's representation of Kerry's sentiments back into context:

The marines on the ground are fighting for a worthy cause. Saddam needed to be deposed. This is Kerry's stance.

Bush asserts that in Kerry's opinion, the 'liberation of Iraq' is a colossal error. That's a shamefully dishonest representation of what Kerry believes, which is that the way in which the war was prosecuted was the colossal error.

Ergo, fighting for a worthy cause but in a manner which is erroneous
    are not incompatible statements.

Kerry says we need to spend less money there. I agree. Kerry also says we should be doing more to train Iraqis. If we garner more international funding for the war, both of these can be achieved simultaneously, ergo they are not incompatible statements.

John Kerry believes that a war in which 90% of the casualties and 90% of the money are coming from the United States is "the wrong war". I agree. If we are able to garner more international support, it would be "the right war".

When the Iraq war was initially prosecuted, it was a diversion from Afghanistan, the most direct assault on the terrorist in the war on terror. AT THE TIME, he believed invading Iraq was a diversion from this war. Bush took that sentiment out of context and said that Kerry labeled the war HERE AND NOW as a diversion from the war on terror. This is a subtle and effective way of twisting Kerry's logic, and the president had no qualms in doing so.

Ok, having clarified all that, I don't necessarily understand 1. how Kerry is going to garner more int'l support 2. what 'doing more' to train Iraqis is. I also am not sure that I agree that invading Iraq was a 'diversion' from the War on terror. ALL I'm saying is that I'm not OK will the president willfully misrepresenting what John Kerry has been saying. Although I will admit he did so in a very clever and effective manner (both sides do it, its a function of being in a tight presidential election race).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Yeah? So what other countries would need to support us for you to consider it a "right war" and not a "wrong war"?

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Fuck what other countries think is 'right'...America has a GOOD track record of fighting wars for the right reasons. It's MUCH better for the USA to stand alone in the world for 'truth' than to only do the right thing when the rest of the world approves.

Hows this for the Right War?

The UN voted to take military action against IRAQ in Gulf War I.

KERRY Voted AGAINST that action.

What will it take for Kerry to take a stand against evil? He says 'wait for the UN pussies to tell us to act', but when they told us to act, he STILL said 'no'.

6. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'll forgive Bush for it since he only has four more weeks as CIC. :mm:

7. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Cheney was against that action too. Look at the quote in my signature, its from 1992.

8. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    More or less. Damned if I know how he's going to pull that one off though =P

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Kerry was against military action even to rid Saddam from KUWAIT... ;)

10. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363

That's not an answer for someone who thinks Kerry should be CIC...

WHICH COUNTRIES dude? Name them... .Otherwise you need to shut your flam-hole on this issue....

:p :2guns: