Edwards/Kerry on Out-Sourcing U.S.A. Jobs

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Anyone else find it interesting that Edwards' kept bitching last night that Bush/Cheney want to outsource American jobs, but yet he's all for outsourcing the rebuilding efforts in Iraq to foriegn companies?

-Cp said:
Anyone else find it interesting that Edwards' kept bitching last night that Bush/Cheney want to outsource American jobs, but yet he's all for outsourcing the rebuilding efforts in Iraq to foriegn companies?

youre forgetting he also wants to outsource our drug purchasing to canada.

-Cp said:

I mean, that's not exactly the type of outsourcing he's trying to prevent. Outsourcing those jobs would bring money and man power to the table and save money for the U.S. gov't and save U.S. troops' lives. I don't think its a fair analogy.

Also in terms of wanting to outsource our drug purchasing to Canada-- that would save huge amounts of money for lots and lots of people. And, in point of fact, in the 2000 presidential debates Bush pledged to allow seniors to purchase their prescription drugs through Canada. But then he fli--er, changed his mind.

Stupid thing is... Outsourcing, in a lot of cases, is great for our economy.. .it keeps companies here competitive and prices low so they can more forward amd create more jobs here...

nakedemperor said:
I mean, that's not exactly the type of outsourcing he's trying to prevent. Outsourcing those jobs would bring money and man power to the table and save money for the U.S. gov't and save U.S. troops' lives. I don't think its a fair analogy.

Also in terms of wanting to outsource our drug purchasing to Canada-- that would save huge amounts of money for lots and lots of people. And, in point of fact, in the 2000 presidential debates Bush pledged to allow seniors to purchase their prescription drugs through Canada. But then he fli--er, changed his mind.

Allowing companies to out-source...allowing them tax breaks - makes money for companies...for people. A poor man never gave anyone a job.

nakedemperor said:

hold on a second NE, If we want the canadian drug market opened up because we want a 'free market' then there can be no griping about outsourcing the jobs to other countries for the same 'free market'.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
-=d=- said:
Allowing companies to out-source...allowing them tax breaks - makes money for companies...for people. A poor man never gave anyone a job.

I don't follow this. Are you saying outsourcing is a good thing? Because right now there are benefits for companies that outsource.

nakedemperor said:
I don't follow this. Are you saying outsourcing is a good thing? Because right now there are benefits for companies that outsource.

I'm saying allowing business to regulate business is best. There are advantages to having companies lower their production costs by outsorucing.

DKSuddeth said:
hold on a second NE, If we want the canadian drug market opened up because we want a 'free market' then there can be no griping about outsourcing the jobs to other countries for the same 'free market'.

Agreed, wasn't griping-- or didn't mean to be. I was going to point out that there are benefits in place for companies that outsource-- that doesn't seem right. If outsourcing makes sense to keep prices low and competition high, fine, but does it need to be financially encouraged?

Outsourcing is irrelevant because there are more jobs being insourced to the United States from foriegn countries. However, Kerry/Edwards hypocrisy on outsourcing is relevant because it demonstrates a consistant pattern of inconsistancy:)

Here are some essays I found here. The people who wrote these made some good points and they cite their sources as well.

AWorldConnected.Org seems to be a pretty good site because it doesn't just have a bunch of partisan rhetoric like many other sites.

Many people often attack Bush on this issue, but they often put words in his mouth:

An ad released by the Media Fund Aug. 11 is targeted to Ohio, featuring Ohio residents criticizing the President for loss of jobs overseas. In it, one of them says, "When President Bush says he's going to help companies outsource jobs, it's infuriating."

Maybe it would be infuriating if Bush really had said that, but he didn't.

What Bush has actually said is this: "The best way to deal with job creation and outsourcing is to make sure our businesses are competitive here at home."

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=236

Forum List

Back