Great Jobs Market: Might Make It Hard For Dems In 2018

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Trump's latest win: More Americans are saying, 'I quit!'

That’s just one more indication of just how crazy strong the jobs situation is today, and one more cause for celebration. Why is it good news that millions are saying “so long!” to their bosses? Because people only quit their jobs when they are confident in finding a new one and when they are hopeful of a pay raise. Today, they have plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

First off, the June jobs report was a stunner, with 213,000 jobs added, compared to an expected 195,000. Employment grew in most sectors, including manufacturing, which logged a 36,000 jump. Over the past year, we have added 285,000 individuals working in manufacturing.

Also, in May, there were more job openings than people looking for work — for the first time ever. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 6.1 million job seekers, while employers listed 6.6 million positions available.

I don't credit Trump.

I don't credit Obama.

I credit America.

But.....it seems that people will associate Trump with this and it will keep him in power.

Good news...

Now, if only Ginsburg would hurry up and leave.

Democrats sure have an uphill battle. Yet they think victory is assured.

They are running against a great economy.

They are running for illegal immigration against the American people

They are running for tax increases

That is a hard sale. It may take more than hating Trump to overcome it

• Banned
Democrats sure have an uphill battle. Yet they think victory is assured.

They are running against a great economy.

They are running for illegal immigration against the American people

They are running for tax increases

That is a hard sale. It may take more than hating Trump to overcome it

They are also running on agenda's that people don't understand.

They've been on the same themes for decades. No progress. No breakthroughs.

Obamacare is a fucking disaster.

They need a new message.

Apparently that woman in NY has what works if you want to live in shithole central.

I credit Trump and his words of American greatness and can do attitude...he is the complete opposite of the can't do Obama and that alone has triggered the economy...Obama could have done it if he wanted to but libs like recessions and more people needing them....they do not like us to be independent of them...

Trump ran against an economy that is exactly as strong as it is now. He sure convinced willing morons that the UE rate was REALLY in the 20% to 40% range.

You idiots don't care about the economy.

The markets should make it a snap shut GOP victory.

The fact that is questionable is due to how weak Donald is in American eyes now generally.

The fact that is questionable is due to how weak Donald is in American eyes now generally.
Its only questionable on left wing crazy media...stop watching CNN!!!

I’m not sure it is questionable. There is practically no way Dems take the senate. Republicans are in a good position to gain seats in at least Missouri.

The house is harder to read because of retirements and court mandated redistricting but it’s looking good for republicans there too

Highest minority job participation ever under Trump is the underground railroad of today.

Freedom from the Democratic Plantation.

I’m not sure it is questionable. There is practically no way Dems take the senate. Republicans are in a good position to gain seats in at least Missouri.

The house is harder to read because of retirements and court mandated redistricting but it’s looking good for republicans there too
Senate, you may be right. The House you are wrong. The last time one side was 69% excited with 47% excited on the other side, the GOP took 67 seats. That is what it is now in favor of the dems.

But you are probably right. The GOP always, ALWAYS, gets more votes then the Dems.

Trump's latest win: More Americans are saying, 'I quit!'

That’s just one more indication of just how crazy strong the jobs situation is today, and one more cause for celebration. Why is it good news that millions are saying “so long!” to their bosses? Because people only quit their jobs when they are confident in finding a new one and when they are hopeful of a pay raise. Today, they have plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

First off, the June jobs report was a stunner, with 213,000 jobs added, compared to an expected 195,000. Employment grew in most sectors, including manufacturing, which logged a 36,000 jump. Over the past year, we have added 285,000 individuals working in manufacturing.

Also, in May, there were more job openings than people looking for work — for the first time ever. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 6.1 million job seekers, while employers listed 6.6 million positions available.

I don't credit Trump.

I don't credit Obama.

I credit America.

But.....it seems that people will associate Trump with this and it will keep him in power.

Good news...

Now, if only Ginsburg would hurry up and leave.

I will give Trump credit for not screwing up the direction the economy was moving when he took office.

Whether his trade war will slow things or not remains to be seen.

Highest minority job participation ever under Trump is the underground railroad of today.

Freedom from the Democratic Plantation.

Come on, man. That metric was was on the rise when your moron took office.

The underground railroad of today? Holy shit. Who gave that one to you? Don't make me Google it.

It's not like we need the house.

A divided congress would pretty much shut down D.C.

O.K. by me.

I have no trouble with that as long as the Congress, either chamber, cannot function.

It's not like we need the house.

A divided congress would pretty much shut down D.C.

O.K. by me.
We won't lose the House either.

Democrats are done as a party.

What is bothersome for the GOP is that they should have already locked up the Senate for this fall, but despite a solid recovery (Trump had the good sense to not interfere with it), the Senate is up for grabs.

That means the election is going to depend to a good extent on how the electorate feels about the character of Trump.

The Brits showed him how they felt: they would have sent him to the Tower if they could.

Forum List

Back