Graham wants to haul back Comey to testify on Clinton email case, says 'I smell a rat'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I wonder how this plays out.

Graham wants to haul back Comey to testify on Clinton email case, says 'I smell a rat'

Sen. Lindsey Graham told Fox News on Thursday that he wants to bring back James Comey to testify on Capitol Hill, citing concerns about his statements on the conclusion of the Hillary Clinton email case.

“This doesn’t add up, and I smell a rat here,” Graham, R-S.C., told Fox News.

The Republican senator, who chairs a Senate Judiciary subcommittee, and Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, last week revealed new details they learned about the Clinton case from interview transcripts. According to the senators, the transcripts say Comey began drafting an “exoneration statement” for Clinton weeks before interviewing her – which in turn raised questions about the former FBI director’s testimony in June before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

At the time, Comey was asked whether his decision to announce the results of the investigation in July 2016 was influenced by then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s infamous meeting days earlier on an Arizona tarmac with former President Bill Clinton.

“Yes, in an ultimately conclusive way, that was the thing that capped it for me – that I had to do something separately to protect the credibility of the investigation,” Comey said.

Yet the transcripts suggest Comey was planning a statement weeks, if not months, earlier. Graham said Thursday he doesn’t think Comey perjured himself, but suggested the interview transcripts raise questions that must be resolved.

“He needs to come back to committee,” Graham said.

Graham said there are two issues he wants to discuss.

The first is whether Comey had “predetermined the result” of the email probe before the Clinton interview, “contrary” to his testimony.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back