Government finally moves to ban medieval practise of conversion therapy.

The wording of the law may even prevent a professional shrink from counseling being heterosexual.

And religious clergy have been recognized as mental caregivers in almost every society.
What is conversion therapy?

Also called cure therapy or reparative therapy, conversion therapy refers to any form of treatment or psychotherapy that aims to change a person's sexual orientation or suppress a person's gender identity.

Therapies and prayer can be used, while more extreme forms can include "exorcisms, physical violence and food deprivation", said Jayne Ozanne, a former government equality adviser.

LGBT charity Stonewall says conversion therapy is based on an assumption that being lesbian, gay, bi or trans is a mental illness that can be "cured".

The NHS and other professional bodies have warned that all forms of conversion therapy are "unethical and potentially harmful".

Its just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. that crazy parents force their kids to endure. Abuse like this needs stamping out. Britain isnt Saudi Arabia.

Also called cure therapy or reparative therapy, conversion therapy refers to any form of treatment or psychotherapy that aims to change a person's sexual orientation or suppress a person's gender identity.

Therapies and prayer can be used, while more extreme forms can include "exorcisms, physical violence and food deprivation", said Jayne Ozanne, a former government equality adviser.

LGBT charity Stonewall says conversion therapy is based on an assumption that being lesbian, gay, bi or trans is a mental illness that can be "cured".

The NHS and other professional bodies have warned that all forms of conversion therapy are "unethical and potentially harmful".

Its just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. that crazy parents force their kids to endure. Abuse like this needs stamping out. Britain isnt Saudi Arabia.

Crazy parents like the ones thinking their 4 year olds are trans?

I thought orientations and identities can change as a person feels like at any given moment.....

They call it a law against conversion therapy, then write the law so telling a person they can be hetero is somehow now illegal.

LGBwhatever becomes the default, when heterosexuality is the real default.

Why has it taken so long ? Another step forward..
Well, that's just dumb. We're allowed, even encouraged, to convert a kid's body from normal to make it look more masculine or feminine, but God forbid we help them come to terms with their feelings.

Well, that's just dumb. We're allowed, even encouraged, to convert a kid's body from normal to make it look more masculine or feminine, but God forbid we help them come to terms with their feelings.
Agreed! The amputation of body parts is a drastic measure for coming to terms with one's perceived gender.

I thought orientations and identities can change as a person feels like at any given moment.....

They call it a law against conversion therapy, then write the law so telling a person they can be hetero is somehow now illegal.

You are such a fuckiing victim.Why are you inventing facts ?

Agreed! The amputation of body parts is a drastic measure for coming to terms with one's perceived gender.
I maintain nothing should be done to alter a kid's body until they become an adult and can decide for themselves. No surgeries, no hormonal drugs to stall or prevent normal development, none. If they're not mature enough to decide to get a tattoo, drink alcohol or smoke tobacco, they're certainly not old enough to have body parts removed or added on.

I don’t that is true. It’s a question of whether it’s ethical to force someone accept be he isn’t and to cause harm in the process.

What Does Conversion Therapy Look Like?​

It can range from psychotherapy (talk therapy) to medical and faith-based methods that can be emotional or physical.

Psychotherapy. Talk therapy is the most widely used. But providers might also try behavioral, interpersonal, or cognitive therapies. Some teach stereotypical masculine and feminine behaviors or use hypnosis to try to change thought patterns for same-sex attraction. Another commonly used method is called “aversion therapy.” In this practice, people are exposed to painful or uncomfortable sensations like electric shocks and nausea- or paralysis-causing drugs. This is done in hopes of forming a negative association with the person’s attractions or identity to “correct” it.

Medical. This includes medicine, hormone, or steroid therapies. In extreme cases, gender-affirming surgeries are done to “neutralize” sexual orientation. especially among transgender people.

Faith-based. In some religious practices, homosexuality and other forms of gender expression and identity are sometimes viewed as “evil.” Conversion therapy is sometimes performed by clergy or other spiritual advisers. It may include using anti-gay slurs and prayers. In severe cases, it could also include beating, shackling, food deprivation, and even exorcism.

I realize you are drunk with power, but try reading the fucking O.P. for a change.

It specifically STATES it is addressing transgender.
Yup, I was wrong about that, hence I deleted my post. I was familiar with it only in terms of homosexuality.

Yup, I was wrong about that, hence I deleted my post. I was familiar with it only in terms of homosexuality.
I oppose conversion therapy when it is about homosexuality.

Homosexuality does not involve SERIOUS alterations to one's body, which is a decision which should be left to adults. When it comes to transsexuality, the actual CONVERSION occurs when the child is convinced they are not a member of their biological sex, and what this bill actually does is eliminate the ability of people to respond TO the actual conversion.

Any kid who denies their born sex has mental problems or very rare glandular problems. They should see licensed medical professionals in order to align them with their born sex. Anything else is deleterious to them.

Any kid who denies their born sex has mental problems or very rare glandular problems. They should see licensed medical professionals in order to align them with their born sex. Anything else is deleterious to them.
At the very least, they should receive therapy by a sympathetic individual who helps them along until they are actually old enough to make an ADULT decision.

This bill seeks to prevent that, as this fad of converting children to the opposite sex has become some truly bizarre exercise in proving one's imaginary virtue.

Forum List

Back