Government finally moves to ban medieval practise of conversion therapy.

At the very least, they should receive therapy by a sympathetic individual who helps them along until they are actually old enough to make an ADULT decision.

This bill seeks to prevent that, as this fad of converting children to the opposite sex has become some truly bizarre exercise in proving one's imaginary virtue.
IMO, the family should be investigated as well in the absence of some physical hormonal or glandular problem because we know normal humans are not born homosexual.

I maintain nothing should be done to alter a kid's body until they become an adult and can decide for themselves. No surgeries, no hormonal drugs to stall or prevent normal development, none. If they're not mature enough to decide to get a tattoo, drink alcohol or smoke tobacco, they're certainly not old enough to have body parts removed or added on.
I’m inclined to agree with some exceptions. They are finding hormone blockers are not as benign as previously thought and administering them to pre-adolescents can cause loss of bone density. I also suspect we don’t know what the long term affects can on this and on hormone treatments. Surgery for children I very rare, most places won’t do it until 18 and I agree and think that is a good age limit. I’ve also been really rethinking some of this, particularly because there seems to be a faddish aspect that many are jumping are on to.

There have always been a tiny tiny minority of people who are genuinely transgender and from what I’ve read it’s apparent before puberty. But I think there is a much larger group of sexually normal teens who might be sexually conflicted, uncomfortable with the changes they see in their bodies, but given time and support, would be able to work through it.

When I am doing nosework with my dogs, and we don’t know where the hide is but think we do, we can easily “sell“ a location to the dog by are sustained interest. I wonder if people, whether peers or adults thinking they are being supportive, do that and kids buy it, because it is a fad and a “solution” to adolescent misery? Perhaps the medical community needs to look more closely at it and tighten their recommendations for treatment. But you still need to be able to treat those who are genuinely transgender in whatever way is best shown to reduce depression and suicide. Conversion therapy is not that way. It is every bit as bad as the surgeries you condemn and in some cases it even includes surgery.

IMO, the family should be investigated as well in the absence of some physical hormonal or glandular problem because we know normal humans are not born homosexual.
I have read reports of parents stating they "knew" their child was transgender as early as 2 or 3.

What an utterly horrid state of affairs we are in when vapid idiots see having transgendered children as some sort of weird status symbol.

I have read reports of parents stating they "knew" their child was transgender as early as 2 or 3.

What an utterly horrid state of affairs we are in when vapid idiots see having transgendered children as some sort of weird status symbol.
Yeah, so the boy plays with dolls and suddenly he is 'transgender'.....what bullshit. So take 'Barbie' away from him and give him 'GI Joe.'

1922 -- "Honey, I saw Billy playing with dolls. You take that boy behind the wood shed and give him a good thrashing!"

1972 -- Honey, I saw Billy playing with dolls, but please don't get too worked up about it. The best approach is to not make a big deal about it.

2022 - Honey, I saw Billy playing with dolls. Do you think it could be?!!! Let's buy her some frilly clothes and order up some puberty blockers. The Johnsons are going to be SO envious!!

I oppose conversion therapy when it is about homosexuality.

Homosexuality does not involve SERIOUS alterations to one's body, which is a decision which should be left to adults. When it comes to transsexuality, the actual CONVERSION occurs when the child is convinced they are not a member of their biological sex, and what this bill actually does is eliminate the ability of people to respond TO the actual conversion.
The bill is kind of interesting, if what I found is the right version. It targets both sides: those attempting to coerce some one from trans to not trans and versa.

The issue of counseling is also addressed.

5.2 Talking conversion therapy​

Background​

The government has heard from victims that conversion therapy will often not involve direct physical acts of violence. We will therefore also target types of the practice that do not involve physical violence, but which could be reasonably understood as a type of talking conversion therapy. To be clear: talking conversion therapy could not be reasonably understood to include communication such as casual conversations, exchanges of views, private prayer or pure speech acts.

Legitimate talking therapies are important for society, indeed particularly for LGBT people, who have worse than average mental health outcomes.[footnote 1] Banning conversion therapy must not result in interference for professional psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, counsellors and other clinicians and healthcare staff providing legitimate support for those who may be questioning if they are LGBT. The ban will complement the existing clinical regulatory framework and not override the independence of clinicians to support those who may be questioning their LGBT status, in line with their professional obligations. The government’s assessment is that no form of conversion therapy is consistent with the existing regulatory standards of statutory healthcare professionals.

The government is of the view that talking conversion therapies will have the intention of changing a person’s sexual orientation or changing them to or from being transgender. These are the therapies we want to capture. The term ‘talking therapy’ is a working term used to give a sense of the non-physical nature of these acts. The government is also interested to hear about any examples of acts of non-physical conversion therapy that might not involve talking.

Legitimate talking therapies that support a person who is questioning if they are LGBT do not start from the basis that being LGBT is a defect or deficiency. Instead the therapies are open and explorative discussions focused on helping a person to decide on their options in a supportive manner. Professional bodies and regulators are best placed to set out professional obligations and identify practices that are harmful for the individual involved.

It's frightening.....it is truly heartbreaking to watch these innocent young souls being manipulated like that :(

I don’t that is true. It’s a question of whether it’s ethical to force someone accept be he isn’t and to cause harm in the process.

What Does Conversion Therapy Look Like?​

It can range from psychotherapy (talk therapy) to medical and faith-based methods that can be emotional or physical.

Psychotherapy. Talk therapy is the most widely used. But providers might also try behavioral, interpersonal, or cognitive therapies. Some teach stereotypical masculine and feminine behaviors or use hypnosis to try to change thought patterns for same-sex attraction. Another commonly used method is called “aversion therapy.” In this practice, people are exposed to painful or uncomfortable sensations like electric shocks and nausea- or paralysis-causing drugs. This is done in hopes of forming a negative association with the person’s attractions or identity to “correct” it.

Medical. This includes medicine, hormone, or steroid therapies. In extreme cases, gender-affirming surgeries are done to “neutralize” sexual orientation. especially among transgender people.

Faith-based. In some religious practices, homosexuality and other forms of gender expression and identity are sometimes viewed as “evil.” Conversion therapy is sometimes performed by clergy or other spiritual advisers. It may include using anti-gay slurs and prayers. In severe cases, it could also include beating, shackling, food deprivation, and even exorcism.

The thing is it's doesn't matter what conversion therapy actually is, it matters how the law is written, and the laws are written in such a way as to basically prevent a therapist from even considering someone who thinks they may be gay from suggesting they may not be.

This is what actually happens and not what the melts on here are claiming.

It sounds quite measured and caring to me. I cant find the bit where little boys are having their cocks cut off.

Probably because it only exists in your sick brains.

This is what actually happens and not what the melts on here are claiming.

It sounds quite measured and caring to me. I cant find the bit where little boys are having their cocks cut off.

Probably because it only exists in your sick brains.

At younger ages it's the administration of puberty blockers and hormones, that end in the result of no development of the male sex traits, pretty much locking them into forced transitions once they are old enough. They aren't given a choice between normal sex organs or surgery, they get a choice between a stunted sex organ and surgery.

The current surgery issue is with girls thinking they are boys getting mastectomies at 15 and then regretting it.

BIG TIME Automatic SJW brownie points. "Look how cool I am!"

This bill seeks to prevent that, as this fad of converting children to the opposite sex has become some truly bizarre exercise in proving one's imaginary virtue.
People with mental issues and their virtue-signaling sycophants on the left are abusing children, both their own and those of others. They should be prosecuted, or, at the very least, given restraining orders like any other sexual predators.

Yeah, so the boy plays with dolls and suddenly he is 'transgender'.....what bullshit. So take 'Barbie' away from him and give him 'GI Joe.'

Some of the most beautiful, and heterosexual, women I know, were “Tomboys” growing up. Today the parents would try to convince them they were boys born in the wrong bodies.

These parents need jailed and kept away from all children.

1922 -- "Honey, I saw Billy playing with dolls. You take that boy behind the wood shed and give him a good thrashing!"

1972 -- Honey, I saw Billy playing with dolls, but please don't get too worked up about it. The best approach is to not make a big deal about it.

2022 - Honey, I saw Billy playing with dolls. Do you think it could be?!!! Let's buy her some frilly clothes and order up some puberty blockers. The Johnsons are going to be SO envious!!
The decline of western civilization.

At younger ages it's the administration of puberty blockers and hormones, that end in the result of no development of the male sex traits, pretty much locking them into forced transitions once they are old enough. They aren't given a choice between normal sex organs or surgery, they get a choice between a stunted sex organ and surgery.

The current surgery issue is with girls thinking they are boys getting mastectomies at 15 and then regretting it.
you can get married at 16 in the US. Thats a big decision that you allow teenagers to make.

I knew that I liked girls at 16. In fact well before that.

I suspect that you are just anti trans and that is where your motivation is.

you can get married at 16 in the US. Thats a big decision that you allow teenagers to make.

I knew that I liked girls at 16. In fact well before that.

I suspect that you are just anti trans and that is where your motivation is.

Marriage doesn't make irreversible changes to your body. The comparison is bullshit.

We make people wait until 21 to drink alcohol and use tobacco and pot.

Forum List

Back