"Gotta get my bullets!" Skirmishes break out at S.C. gunshow!

Concealed weapons are carried loaded at gun shows. The firearms that are there to be sold and traded are unloaded. You are ignorant which makes me question if you even own firearms and/or attend gunshows.

Absolutely false. The gun show I attended had 4 cops outside standing next to a sign with giant red lettering stating, "NO LOADED WEAPONS PAST THIS POINT"

LOL> so you base all of your extensive knowledge on attending one gunshow. You are a complete phoney and a dumb ass.

I think it's probably safe to say that laws may vary from state to state regarding bringing loaded weapons into gun shows and whether or not a CC weapon can be brought into a show loaded would probably depend even more on the preferences of those running the gun shows. No?

Several funny stories out there in internet world about customers being stopped at the entrance of gun shows with their weapons still loaded. The funny or not so funny part had to do with them shooting themselves or discharging the weapon while trying to extract the ammo.

Neither pro-gun nor anti-gun but I do get a kick out of the bubbas sometimes.

Absolutely false. The gun show I attended had 4 cops outside standing next to a sign with giant red lettering stating, "NO LOADED WEAPONS PAST THIS POINT"

LOL> so you base all of your extensive knowledge on attending one gunshow. You are a complete phoney and a dumb ass.

I think it's probably safe to say that laws may vary from state to state regarding bringing loaded weapons into gun shows and whether or not a CC weapon can be brought into a show loaded would probably depend even more on the preferences of those running the gun shows. No?

Several funny stories out there in internet world about customers being stopped at the entrance of gun shows with their weapons still loaded. The funny or not so funny part had to do with them shooting themselves or discharging the weapon while trying to extract the ammo.

Yeah, I know, you don't have a dog in this fight. ~rolleyes~

Yeah, I know, you don't have a dog in this fight. ~rolleyes~

You don't know me at all. But you will.

Occam,
Let me bring you up to speed here. Bigfoot is pissed because, well, because he is Bigfoot, and I put him on "ignore". His frustration level is obviously increasing, since I can see that he is still ranting at me ( when you quoted his post about me, which would otherwise be invisible to me). Be prepared for some heavy duty profanity from his corner. I would do the same, but my girlfriend keeps a cuss jar, and I can't see telling him off, if it going to cost me a quarter!

Nothing you said, bucs, surprises me at all. Most of the people who show up at these gun shows are knuckle draggers .....A rebel flag is considered mandatory on the truck, but if you have some chrome bulls testicles on the back of the truck, you get extra points. Proper dress is camouflage clothes. These are the people who are going to protects us from tyranny.

I agree with you about these people, that's why the rest of us, the educated and law-abiding, should arm ourselves. Should these men rise to the challenge of opposing tyranny, they will eventually win, but we'll end up with a worse government than the one they overthrew.

As twisted as that logic is, I totally get it. Lived outside of Lynchburg VA for over 20 years. Had a neighbor who would release his chickens out of the coop when he got drunk. They'd inevitably run into my yard where'd he try picking them off from his deck with his handguns or rifles. I've moved away but my daughter still lives there in the same house. She's armed herself - handgun, shotgun and rifle. She's more afraid of the locals than she is of break ins.

I went to one gun show in Louisiana, out of curiosity. Every safety rule ever taught in a gun safety course is broken everywhere you look by these gun handlers. I've seen kids playing with real pistols. It is a common sight to see someone sight a scoped rifle on somebody on the other side of the hall, just so they can get a feel for how powerful the sight is. Guns are pointed everywhere, with absolutely no concern as to whether or not they are pointed at a person. Everyone is dry firing the guns. The whole atmosphere is a prime example of why so many Americans are accidently shot every year. I'll never go back.

Less then 1000 people a year are accidentally killed by firearms. So much for your claim of "so many". You are aware there are gun shows every weekend of the year in most of the States? I just love idiots that make ignorant comments divorced completely from reality.

I went to one gun show in Louisiana, out of curiosity. Every safety rule ever taught in a gun safety course is broken everywhere you look by these gun handlers. I've seen kids playing with real pistols. It is a common sight to see someone sight a scoped rifle on somebody on the other side of the hall, just so they can get a feel for how powerful the sight is. Guns are pointed everywhere, with absolutely no concern as to whether or not they are pointed at a person. Everyone is dry firing the guns. The whole atmosphere is a prime example of why so many Americans are accidently shot every year. I'll never go back.

Less then 1000 people a year are accidentally killed by firearms. So much for your claim of "so many". You are aware there are gun shows every weekend of the year in most of the States? I just love idiots that make ignorant comments divorced completely from reality.

I stand corrected, Sarg. less than 1,000 people accidently died from accidental gunshot wounds per year.

However,

" In 2009, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm.[5] There were 52,447 deliberate and 23,237 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000.[6] Two-thirds of all gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides. In 2010, there were 19,392 firearm-related suicide deaths, and 11,078 firearm-related homicide deaths in the United States.[7]"

Wiki

And Sarg, it does not reflect on me that you call people idiots that disagree with you. It reflects on you.

Originally Posted by Vandalshandle

That is a total fabrication. I have been to more Gunshows then I can count and some of them were in Baton Rouge and I have never seen anyone behaving in this manner. Let alone an entire group. If someone does they are corrected and/or politely asked to leave.This guy is an out and out liar.

Last edited:
Nothing you said, bucs, surprises me at all. Most of the people who show up at these gun shows are knuckle draggers .....A rebel flag is considered mandatory on the truck, but if you have some chrome bulls testicles on the back of the truck, you get extra points. Proper dress is camouflage clothes. These are the people who are going to protects us from tyranny.

I agree with you about these people, that's why the rest of us, the educated and law-abiding, should arm ourselves. Should these men rise to the challenge of opposing tyranny, they will eventually win, but we'll end up with a worse government than the one they overthrew.

As twisted as that logic is, I totally get it. Lived outside of Lynchburg VA for over 20 years. Had a neighbor who would release his chickens out of the coop when he got drunk. They'd inevitably run into my yard where'd he try picking them off from his deck with his handguns or rifles. I've moved away but my daughter still lives there in the same house. She's armed herself - handgun, shotgun and rifle. She's more afraid of the locals than she is of break ins.

LOL, your an idiot.

Occam,

I have not mentioned it here, because it really makes no difference, but I, too, own guns. I have two rifles, including a high powered Mosen-Nagant, a 38 revolver, and an 9 MM, which I wear when I ride my motorcycle out into the desert. There are no license requirment in AZ at all; not even concealed carry. My problem has been, and remains, the position of the NRA, and fellow travelors, that they are all going to be subject to enslavement by the government if they have to give up their 50 round ammo cartridges, armor piercing bullets, and submit to background checks when they buy or sell a weapon. I also confess to a certain amount of inpatience and distain for those that do not know how to hande a firearm properly, and don't even bother to take a course in how to do that, because they already, "know it all".

Last edited:
Fear of gun control drives big crowd at Ladson gun show – The Post and Courier

WOW! I went to this gunshow yesterday in Ladson, SC, which is just outside of Charleston. The newspaper article describes one of the several skirmishes I saw. One guy grabbed another by the collar and yanked him away from one of the ammo tables, as he said to the newspaper, "I gotta get my bullets!". It was crazy to see this show yesterday. I personally needed a new stock for one of my guns. Had no trouble at all getting it, since that isn't a part in demand right now. I saw a couple of these flare ups, mostly frustrated Bubbas who were tired of standing in line, or mad when they got up front and nothing left to buy. Some minor pushing, shoving, LOTS of tough guy talk. Nothing serious though.

But my GOD if you wanted bullets, a high cap magazine, or a tactical rifle, well, you may as well have brought your fighting gloves haha! It was like a Redneck Justin Beiber had arrived and the 14 year old girls were replaced by 44 year old Bubbas!

Saw countless anti-Obama articles of clothing, rebel flags all over, "Dont Tread on Me" flags everywhere, lots of indoor sunglass wearing, lots of "Cash Only" folks, and lots of guys walking around holding a rifle with a price tag hanging off it: Yep, the infamous "gun show loophole". You see one of these rednecks walking around...like the price tag and gun, and you say "Hey bubba, meet me by the corn dog vendor lets talk business". And yep, you can pay him cash, and legally buy that weapon from him, 100% legal, 100% NO PAPERWORK. Meaning ANYONE can buy anything they see on the floor for sale by a private individual (not at a dealer table), with cash, and no paperwork, and it is 100% legal.

Scariest part? Saw quite a few thug life looking individuals. You know the type...the ones who had a pretty girl with them doing all the paperwork. And...saw a LOT of out of state license tags. New York. Jersey. Illinois. Florida. Georgia. NC. Saw a lot of out of state tags. Wonder how many guns will end up out of state after these cash only buys, with no paper trail?

Anyway, it was quite a sight. Got my stock though. Wanted an OD green collapsable stock for my AR. Im adding some OD green parts to it, I liked how it looks, and got a great deal on a Tapco one, fits like a gem!

(PS: Funniest part? They had a cop at the front door. Rule: No loaded guns allowed. WHAT???? I thought everyone being armed was the key to safety?? But, they wont let anyone with a loaded gun into the gun show?)

Scariest part? Saw quite a few thug life looking individuals. You know the type...the ones who had a pretty girl with them doing all the paperwork. And...saw a LOT of out of state license tags. New York. Jersey. Illinois. Florida. Georgia. NC. Saw a lot of out of state tags. Wonder how many guns will end up out of state after these cash only buys, with no paper trail?
Oh God damn stop your fucking trolling and god damn lies. Fuck face you're insinuating something that you don't know about.

Wait for Joe B he'll be along with his 43% bullshit.

"Skirmishes"??? That's a pretty strong description of people jostling one another in line. At best maybe a scuffle or two. But "skirmish"? :lol: You make it sound like some sort of war.

They make it sound like Black Friday and everyone is trying to get the 50% off Xbox Kinect....now THAT is a skirmish.

Fear of gun control drives big crowd at Ladson gun show – The Post and Courier

WOW! I went to this gunshow yesterday in Ladson, SC, which is just outside of Charleston. The newspaper article describes one of the several skirmishes I saw. One guy grabbed another by the collar and yanked him away from one of the ammo tables, as he said to the newspaper, "I gotta get my bullets!". It was crazy to see this show yesterday. I personally needed a new stock for one of my guns. Had no trouble at all getting it, since that isn't a part in demand right now. I saw a couple of these flare ups, mostly frustrated Bubbas who were tired of standing in line, or mad when they got up front and nothing left to buy. Some minor pushing, shoving, LOTS of tough guy talk. Nothing serious though.

But my GOD if you wanted bullets, a high cap magazine, or a tactical rifle, well, you may as well have brought your fighting gloves haha! It was like a Redneck Justin Beiber had arrived and the 14 year old girls were replaced by 44 year old Bubbas!

Saw countless anti-Obama articles of clothing, rebel flags all over, "Dont Tread on Me" flags everywhere, lots of indoor sunglass wearing, lots of "Cash Only" folks, and lots of guys walking around holding a rifle with a price tag hanging off it: Yep, the infamous "gun show loophole". You see one of these rednecks walking around...like the price tag and gun, and you say "Hey bubba, meet me by the corn dog vendor lets talk business". And yep, you can pay him cash, and legally buy that weapon from him, 100% legal, 100% NO PAPERWORK. Meaning ANYONE can buy anything they see on the floor for sale by a private individual (not at a dealer table), with cash, and no paperwork, and it is 100% legal.

Anyway, it was quite a sight. Got my stock though. Wanted an OD green collapsable stock for my AR. Im adding some OD green parts to it, I liked how it looks, and got a great deal on a Tapco one, fits like a gem!

(PS: Funniest part? They had a cop at the front door. Rule: No loaded guns allowed. WHAT???? I thought everyone being armed was the key to safety?? But, they wont let anyone with a loaded gun into the gun show?)

This would be funny if the end results of gun trafficking weren't so deadly serious. Republicorp has got to say "enough is enough" to 'ol Wayne LaPierre (French?)

Last edited:
Very true. All the out of state license tags I saw in the parking lot were concerning. There were a lot of cash buys from private individuals. I can only imagine some of those were bought by people who cant get one at a dealer table b/c of background, and Im sure a few of those guns ended up in Illinois, New York, etc, etc.

As for the person quoting accidental shooting stats at gun shows: Yes. Accidental shootings at gun shows are very rare. Could it be the "NO LOADED WEAPONS ALLOWED" rule causing such safety?

People who are buying up ammo with every penny they have remind of those down south who when they get 6 inches of snow flood the supermarkets. I've been in NC to see it. 6 inches of snow slows down the whole city. Hilarious.

Forum List

Back