"Gotta get my bullets!" Skirmishes break out at S.C. gunshow!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Fear of gun control drives big crowd at Ladson gun show – The Post and Courier

WOW! I went to this gunshow yesterday in Ladson, SC, which is just outside of Charleston. The newspaper article describes one of the several skirmishes I saw. One guy grabbed another by the collar and yanked him away from one of the ammo tables, as he said to the newspaper, "I gotta get my bullets!". It was crazy to see this show yesterday. I personally needed a new stock for one of my guns. Had no trouble at all getting it, since that isn't a part in demand right now. I saw a couple of these flare ups, mostly frustrated Bubbas who were tired of standing in line, or mad when they got up front and nothing left to buy. Some minor pushing, shoving, LOTS of tough guy talk. Nothing serious though.

But my GOD if you wanted bullets, a high cap magazine, or a tactical rifle, well, you may as well have brought your fighting gloves haha! It was like a Redneck Justin Beiber had arrived and the 14 year old girls were replaced by 44 year old Bubbas!

Saw countless anti-Obama articles of clothing, rebel flags all over, "Dont Tread on Me" flags everywhere, lots of indoor sunglass wearing, lots of "Cash Only" folks, and lots of guys walking around holding a rifle with a price tag hanging off it: Yep, the infamous "gun show loophole". You see one of these rednecks walking around...like the price tag and gun, and you say "Hey bubba, meet me by the corn dog vendor lets talk business". And yep, you can pay him cash, and legally buy that weapon from him, 100% legal, 100% NO PAPERWORK. Meaning ANYONE can buy anything they see on the floor for sale by a private individual (not at a dealer table), with cash, and no paperwork, and it is 100% legal.

Scariest part? Saw quite a few thug life looking individuals. You know the type...the ones who had a pretty girl with them doing all the paperwork. And...saw a LOT of out of state license tags. New York. Jersey. Illinois. Florida. Georgia. NC. Saw a lot of out of state tags. Wonder how many guns will end up out of state after these cash only buys, with no paper trail?

Anyway, it was quite a sight. Got my stock though. Wanted an OD green collapsable stock for my AR. Im adding some OD green parts to it, I liked how it looks, and got a great deal on a Tapco one, fits like a gem!

(PS: Funniest part? They had a cop at the front door. Rule: No loaded guns allowed. WHAT???? I thought everyone being armed was the key to safety?? But, they wont let anyone with a loaded gun into the gun show?)

Last edited:
The cash only folks are great!!! For me. But I'm terrified at everyone else who may use the cash only option. Most cash only folks are guys who have extra guns and want some extra cash for a vacation or new boat or kids school or something. But, it is scary to think anyone with any record or mental condition can get a gun at a gun show by just showing up with some cash.

But whats up with cops at the front door enforcing the "No Loaded Guns" rule? I thought more armed people meant more safety?

As long as Ive gone to gun show that "no loaded guns" has always been in place.

WHY? Gun shows are full of people who share the view that more armed citizens means less overall violence.

So why do they not allow loaded guns in their own gun shows? They want people armed in schools. They want to be able to have guns in restaurants, malls, parks. They want loaded guns everywhere EXCEPT at their gun show.

WHY? Whats the danger? What would the risk be of allowing armed citizens into a gun show....if having more armed citizens is the key to safety?

Nothing you said, bucs, surprises me at all. Most of the people who show up at these gun shows are knuckle draggers, with about the same mindset as your basic outlaw biker, except they drive a pickup truck and have an ATV is the garage. I am not a timid guy, but I would not dream of going to one of these things with an Obama sticker on my car. I am surprised that you didn't mention the tattoos. They do bring their women, who do, in fact, know how to write, and do the paperwork, but you get the feeling that they consider it a treat to get out of the double wide for a day. Another thing that I noticed is that many of the guys who drive those pickups do so, because it is considered not neighborly to toss their beer cans into the yards of the people where they drive, so they toss them in the back of the pickup instead. I also noticed that most of them keep their German Sheppard's and Rottweiler's tied up in the back of the truck while they are inside. A rebel flag is considered mandatory on the truck, but if you have some chrome bulls testicles on the back of the truck, you get extra points. Proper dress is camouflage clothes. These are the people who are going to protects us from tyranny.

Nothing you said, bucs, surprises me at all. Most of the people who show up at these gun shows are knuckle draggers, with about the same mindset as your basic outlaw biker, except they drive a pickup truck and have an ATV is the garage. I am not a timid guy, but I would not dream of going to one of these things with an Obama sticker on my car. I am surprised that you didn't mention the tattoos. They do bring their women, who do, in fact, know how to write, and do the paperwork, but you get the feeling that they consider it a treat to get out of the double wide for a day. Another thing that I noticed is that many of the guys who drive those pickups do so, because it is considered not neighborly to toss their beer cans into the yards of the people where they drive, so they toss them in the back of the pickup instead. I also noticed that most of them keep their German Sheppard's and Rottweiler's tied up in the back of the truck while they are inside. A rebel flag is considered mandatory on the truck, but if you have some chrome bulls testicles on the back of the truck, you get extra points. Proper dress is camouflage clothes. These are the people who are going to protects us from tyranny.

Haha, funny stuff, but its not all of the above for everyone. About 1 in 5 fit the very profile you describe. About 3 in 5 are very obese, and if tyranny broke out, they'd be able to defend the 30 feet around them....running any further would be a heart attack.

And about another 1 in 5 looked like military or police guys. You can usually tell. They're a lot more physically fit, short hair cuts, the overall dress and demeanor. They were probably as humored and worried at the same time as I was.

Hey, I'm not against gun shows, I find some good parts and deals for things. But the loophole for cash sales must be stopped.

And, I still cant fathom the very people who demand the right to carry in schools, malls, parks, restaurants....wont let their like-minded peers carry in their own show.

I went to one gun show in Louisiana, out of curiosity. Every safety rule ever taught in a gun safety course is broken everywhere you look by these gun handlers. I've seen kids playing with real pistols. It is a common sight to see someone sight a scoped rifle on somebody on the other side of the hall, just so they can get a feel for how powerful the sight is. Guns are pointed everywhere, with absolutely no concern as to whether or not they are pointed at a person. Everyone is dry firing the guns. The whole atmosphere is a prime example of why so many Americans are accidently shot every year. I'll never go back.

And, I still cant fathom the very people who demand the right to carry in schools, malls, parks, restaurants....wont let their like-minded peers carry in their own show.

Concealed weapons are carried loaded at gun shows. The firearms that are there to be sold and traded are unloaded. You are ignorant which makes me question if you even own firearms and/or attend gunshows.

I went to one gun show in Louisiana, out of curiosity. Every safety rule ever taught in a gun safety course is broken everywhere you look by these gun handlers. I've seen kids playing with real pistols. It is a common sight to see someone sight a scoped rifle on somebody on the other side of the hall, just so they can get a feel for how powerful the sight is. Guns are pointed everywhere, with absolutely no concern as to whether or not they are pointed at a person. Everyone is dry firing the guns. The whole atmosphere is a prime example of why so many Americans are accidently shot every year. I'll never go back.

You are a liar.

Concealed weapons are carried loaded at gun shows. The firearms that are there to be sold and traded are unloaded. You are ignorant which makes me question if you even own firearms and/or attend gunshows.

Absolutely false. The gun show I attended had 4 cops outside standing next to a sign with giant red lettering stating, "NO LOADED WEAPONS PAST THIS POINT"

Absolutely false. The gun show I attended had 4 cops outside standing next to a sign with giant red lettering stating, "NO LOADED WEAPONS PAST THIS POINT"

LOL> so you base all of your extensive knowledge on attending one gunshow. You are a complete phoney and a dumb ass.

"Skirmishes"??? That's a pretty strong description of people jostling one another in line. At best maybe a scuffle or two. But "skirmish"? :lol: You make it sound like some sort of war.

My god, this guy is a fucking idiot! Attended one whole gunshow and now knows all. You lie.

As long as Ive gone to gun show that "no loaded guns" has always been in place.

WHY? Gun shows are full of people who share the view that more armed citizens means less overall violence.

So why do they not allow loaded guns in their own gun shows? They want people armed in schools. They want to be able to have guns in restaurants, malls, parks. They want loaded guns everywhere EXCEPT at their gun show.

WHY? Whats the danger? What would the risk be of allowing armed citizens into a gun show....if having more armed citizens is the key to safety?

Strawman argument. I havent noticed a gun show being shot up. The perps are always city dwelling whack jobs. Where are all these redneck, white supremists shootings occurring?

Liberals should not be allowed at gun shows for their own safety. They may see someone with a tattoo or a gun, get scared, pee their pants, run out into the cold, get pneumonia, and die.

Then we'd have another senseless death linked directly to guns.

bucs,
I will be glad when the Right Wing hysteria cools off a little, since I have not been able to buy any 22 ammo at K-Mart, since the CT shootings. They told me that they do not expect to have a steady suppy of ammo until mid April. There are some steel bunnies sitting on perches at the outdoor gun range that I belong to that are getting uppidy, and need to be knocked off of their stands.

Forum List

Back