S.C. Gun Show: "No Loaded Weapons" at entry, enforced by cops! What? No armed people?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Just a quick discussion on this. Went to the Land of Sky Gun Show in Charleston yesterday. Great time. See my thread on the skirmishes I saw.

But, a bit of hypocrisy. They had cops at the front door. They had a rule: No loaded guns inside.

WHAT THE FUDGE!!!!????? I thought more armed people meant more safety? And a show where 99% of people would agree with that......had a rule that banned armed people???

WHY? Why would an event that has 99% shared idea that more armed people means more safety.....have a rule that eliminates a person's ability to be armed inside the show?

Every gun show has a "no load weapons" rule in effect.

So that an accidental discharge doesn't happen.

Besides there are armed police officers there to protect the general public in case of a problem......... :cool:

Besides there are armed police officers there to protect the general public in case of a problem......... :cool:

But at this very gun show, there were NRA displays, 2nd Amendment apparel, and thousands of people who, Im sure, would agree that more armed citizens is the key to a safer society. Im sure most of the people at this show would say arming teachers is a good idea. Most in S.C. support a current proposed bill that would allow guns in restaurants and parks.

Hey, I had a great time at this gun show. But Im certain most of the attendees and staff would be the same ones blasting Obama's gun control measures, and arguing that more armed citizens in public places and schools would lower violence.

Yet, they dont practice what they preach: They wont allow armed citizens in their own show? If some whacko started shooting people, those cops may not get there in time.

And it may be in fear of an accidental discharge? Well......now you see why some dont want others carrying guns in a school, mall, park, restaurant, etc. If some idiot can have an accidental discharge at a gun show, he can sure as hell have one at a school, mall, park or Applebees.

Just a quick discussion on this. Went to the Land of Sky Gun Show in Charleston yesterday. Great time. See my thread on the skirmishes I saw.

But, a bit of hypocrisy. They had cops at the front door. They had a rule: No loaded guns inside.

WHAT THE FUDGE!!!!????? I thought more armed people meant more safety? And a show where 99% of people would agree with that......had a rule that banned armed people???

WHY? Why would an event that has 99% shared idea that more armed people means more safety.....have a rule that eliminates a person's ability to be armed inside the show?

That's standard procedure of all gun shows. So why did you go to troll?

Nope, went to get a new stock for my AR. Wanted an OD green Tapco or similar. Found a great one.

But, back to the topic: So, why is it good to have more armed citizens out in the general public, but, the very people demanding more rights to be armed....wont allow their peers to be armed at their gun show?

Whats the risk?

How is it any different than schools, restaurants, malls, parks not wanting the very same gun fans to be armed at their buildings?

But at this very gun show, there were NRA displays, 2nd Amendment apparel, and thousands of people who, Im sure, would agree that more armed citizens is the key to a safer society. Im sure most of the people at this show would say arming teachers is a good idea. Most in S.C. support a current proposed bill that would allow guns in restaurants and parks.

Hey, I had a great time at this gun show. But Im certain most of the attendees and staff would be the same ones blasting Obama's gun control measures, and arguing that more armed citizens in public places and schools would lower violence.

Yet, they dont practice what they preach: They wont allow armed citizens in their own show? If some whacko started shooting people, those cops may not get there in time.

And it may be in fear of an accidental discharge? Well......now you see why some dont want others carrying guns in a school, mall, park, restaurant, etc. If some idiot can have an accidental discharge at a gun show, he can sure as hell have one at a school, mall, park or Applebees.
Excellent post and thread bucs90. Kudos to you. :clap2:

Nope, went to get a new stock for my AR. Wanted an OD green Tapco or similar. Found a great one.

But, back to the topic: So, why is it good to have more armed citizens out in the general public, but, the very people demanding more rights to be armed....wont allow their peers to be armed at their gun show?

Whats the risk?

How is it any different than schools, restaurants, malls, parks not wanting the very same gun fans to be armed at their buildings?

Horse shit dude I ain't buying that not one bit. Why would you want or even need an AR platform rifle in od green? I know why I have one, but you? I ain't buying. You went there to troll and find something you could use too support and push your agenda with.

Whats the risk?

The radical RW gun nuts won't answer this question. Why? Because they can't. The answer is not good you see...for that that is.

I am aware you have an agenda but I wil try anyway.

People who carry guns in public places like the mall, park, movies, etc.
Are not handeling or displaying them. The guns are tucked away in a holster with the safety on. The chances of a accidental discharge is nill.

But at a gun show thousands of people are handling guns, cycling the bolts, cocking the trigger, dry firing them, in the middle of a huge crowd. Thus one mistake could become a tragedy. So unloaded weapons at a gun show is just common sense ........ :cool:

Whats the risk?

The radical RW gun nuts won't answer this question. Why? Because they can't. The answer is not good you see...for that that is.
It's standard procedure on private property, Why don't ignorant libs respect the wishes of private citizens?
Hell it's not like it's a gun free zone No loaded guns doesn't mean no guns allowed.
Take the mag out and place it in your pocket.
Are we clear on this?

Last edited:
The same procedure is used in the military for the exact same reasons. This is a non-issue for anyone who knows much about firearms. The OP is being ignorant.

Whats the risk?

Horse shit dude I ain't buying that not one bit. Why would you want or even need an AR platform rifle in od green? I know why I have one, but you? I ain't buying. You went there to troll and find something you could use too support and push your agenda with.

Because I think it looks cool. Why do you "want or even need" some shit you have? Because you like it. Well, when I was in LE, we had some OD equipment, and I always thought OD with black just looked cool. I have an old A1 with an old stock, and want to "cool it up". They coyote tan looked cool too, but I live near trees, not sand.

Anything else I need to justify about why I want it or need it? I thought you were against judging why people want or need certain gun related items?

so it was business as usual with responsible gun owners who and use common sensepractice safety first. imagine if our gun grabbing politicians only used a little common sense

Whats the risk?

Because I think it looks cool. Why do you "want or even need" some shit you have? Because you like it. Well, when I was in LE, we had some OD equipment, and I always thought OD with black just looked cool. I have an old A1 with an old stock, and want to "cool it up". They coyote tan looked cool too, but I live near trees, not sand.

Anything else I need to justify about why I want it or need it? I thought you were against judging why people want or need certain gun related items?

What I am against is trolls that troll.

I'm being ignorant? So people at a gun show are afraid of AD's. Sure, that makes perfect sense. I happily took my gun off and left it in the car, I knew the rule and abided by it.

But, how then can anyone not understand the fear that teachers, moms, shoppers, diners, etc, etc, etc,....many of whom are afraid of guns......may have of AD's in their schools, malls, etc? Afterall, AD's happen all the time with concealed guns when they get caught on clothing, faulty holsters, seat belts, etc, etc. Not everyone packing heat is as safe with their gun as we are.

TROLL: A person making a statement, point or argument that the reader dislikes.

Sure, guess Im that.

Whats the risk?

looks like a dozen already have. not like anything is going to fly over your head unoticed though :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back