Gosh...!

Exactly, you were used as a tactic of war. You were not a tactic though. The use of soldiers is a tactic. Soldiers are not tactics. A synonym for the word, "tactic" is "plan." Were you a plan? No. You were a soldier. Using you, the soldier, was the plan. Case closed.

Your use of the word "vernacular" is a correct usage, but it is inappropriate. The vernacular of debate is by default the vernacular of the debators. Since we both speak English (in your case a variation thereof), the vernacular of our debate is English. I think you meant "protocol" of debate. But since the style of debate used on this forum is anything but civilized or formal, I think your point is moot.

Sorry you see draft dodging as a such an abominable crime. What were the draft dodgers thinking? It was like they had some crazy idea that maybe their lives should've been in their own, personal control instead of in the control of idiot legislators. What a crazy idea. :rolleyes:

Quit dodging the question I asked you...What is your take on 'military tactics'...since I was used and out of the fold...ya are in the 'In crowd' of all encompassing knowledge...I was evidently just a pawn! and have no knowledge of what the word 'tactics' means...please enlighten us all! My Tact Officer at OCS musta been a fool with no knowledge of military tactics...albeit the trainning did save my arse later on...lol

dude there is a typo in your post....he is going to jump all over you for saying a officer instead of an officer....god help ya.

I should have said a "Officer and a Officer" then he would really had fun...lol

Me thinks I will make mistakes on a grand scale in the future as evidenced in my posts to make sure I make SP and typo errors so the opposition will have something to 'bitch' about!...lol

I should have said a "Officer and a Officer" then he would really had fun...lol

Me thinks I will make mistakes on a grand scale in the future as evidenced in my posts to make sure I make SP and typo errors so the opposition will have something to 'bitch' about!...lol

they can't refute the argument so they will change the point of attack and say you can't type or spell or whatever....so they can feel like the won something....

they can't refute the argument so they will change the point of attack and say you can't type or spell or whatever....so they can feel like the won something....

ya made another typo...ya said 'the' instead of 'they' oh my the end of the world as we know it!...LOL

Well since 'I' was one of those I can say 'I' was used as a tactic...please explain what military tactics encompasses...this should be interesting as ya probably learned the venacular of debate from your draft dodging professors!...LOL

Military tactics is the collective name for methods of engaging and defeating an enemy in battle. (i.e. the USE of different types of soldiers.) If your tact officer at OCS told you you were a "tactic," he did not know the meaning of the word "tactic."

LOL...backslidding is so unbecomming...albeit ya aren't a "Officer and Gentleman" Enlist then you will learn what life is all about...vs...professors take on life...just food for thought! And for the record 'I' will use the word venacular anyway 'I' choose...the shoe fit ya perfectly!
I don't want to know what army life is about. Life isn't just about the military. You shun professors--the givers of knowledge and embrace a life of violence instead. You prefer having your head shaved and dressing in camo so that you can be a government space monkey? Ppfffft. Not for me. Thanks but no thanks. If that's what you like, then that's your prerogative, but you're absolutely crazy if you think military life is the beat-all, end-all of life plans. It was my absolute rock-bottom plan. If I had lost everything I had, gone bankrupt and had to drop out of college, my plan was to go into the military. Otherwise, it's civilian life for me. When Al-Qaeda comes to my doorstep, I'll exercise my second amendment rights. If not, you space monkeys keep on keepin' on.

And what "shoe" are you talking about? Are you calling me a "vernacular" now? :wtf:

:stupid: What argument? Glock said I didn't know anything about military tactics. I said if what you're saying is true, then ex-generals and military strategists don't either because that's where my argument came from. Then you guys started ribbing me because I'm not in the military? Where's the argument I'm supposed to refute genius?

Military tactics is the collective name for methods of engaging and defeating an enemy in battle. (i.e. the USE of different types of soldiers.) If your tact officer at OCS told you you were a "tactic," he did not know the meaning of the word "tactic."

I don't want to know what army life is about. Life isn't just about the military. You shun professors--the givers of knowledge and embrace a life of violence instead. You prefer having your head shaved and dressing in camo so that you can be a government space monkey? Ppfffft. Not for me. Thanks but no thanks. If that's what you like, then that's your prerogative, but you're absolutely crazy if you think military life is the beat-all, end-all of life plans. It was my absolute rock-bottom plan. If I had lost everything I had, gone bankrupt and had to drop out of college, my plan was to go into the military. Otherwise, it's civilian life for me. When Al-Qaeda comes to my doorstep, I'll exercise my second amendment rights. If not, you space monkeys keep on keepin' on.

And what "shoe" are you talking about? Are you calling me a "vernacular" now? :wtf:

Was I a soldier from day one...'No'...I was a party guy in college...loved the 'Surfer girls' and "Cheerleaders"...Did I morph over the years...? Hell ya I went out and found out what life was all about...minus the party agenda! Did I love to kill the enemy and suffer 'pain' for having to eliminate innocent bystanders...the answer is hell NO! So if your professors experienced the pain...well they are entitled to their opinion... if not they are talking out of their collective asses..."No pain no gain"..a true and collective phrase...gimmee a break 'oh' enlightened one who listens to those who have not experienced life but know all the answers...'Party Hardy' college "Dude"...lol

Bush and Condi made a big mistake by not dividing Iraq into three countries: Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites, with a loose federation to distribute the oil revenues by the relative population of the three states at the time of formation. Oversight of the federation by the UN, with oversight of the UN crooks by us. The three States to have strong, defensible borders along rivers or mountain ridges. This will require forced moves of some residents and perhaps entire towns. Such is the price they must pay for losing the damn country to Saddam, then to us Christian devils.

That being said, it's not too late to do this. Call it "Plan B", whatever.

The main reason we have so much trouble getting the Iraqis to police themselves is that the tribal feuds that have been going on for centuries. Arabs are not like us Americans who don't really care about issues that our ancestors might have had with neighboring tribes back in Europe, China, or wherever. Their culture will always be at war with each other and there is nothing that we Americans can do about that.

After we get them in their respective corners, then we leave. But at least we gave them some method of securing themselves.

Excellent comment. Why is it our leaders never seem to take a clue from history?

Maybe they're too embroiled with "grammar wars" like in this thread....started, as per usual, by a liberal. :coffee3:

Bush and Condi made a big mistake by not dividing Iraq into three countries: Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites, with a loose federation to distribute the oil revenues by the relative population of the three states at the time of formation. Oversight of the federation by the UN, with oversight of the UN crooks by us. The three States to have strong, defensible borders along rivers or mountain ridges. This will require forced moves of some residents and perhaps entire towns. Such is the price they must pay for losing the damn country to Saddam, then to us Christian devils.

That being said, it's not too late to do this. Call it "Plan B", whatever.

The main reason we have so much trouble getting the Iraqis to police themselves is that the tribal feuds that have been going on for centuries. Arabs are not like us Americans who don't really care about issues that our ancestors might have had with neighboring tribes back in Europe, China, or wherever. Their culture will always be at war with each other and there is nothing that we Americans can do about that.

After we get them in their respective corners, then we leave. But at least we gave them some method of securing themselves.

Chimpy and Co. made a big mistake by invading Iraq to begin with. They took their eyes off of the real threat, Osama bin Laden and his ilk, and went haring off into Iraq based upon a tissue of lies. Bu that's all water under the bridge now. The real issue is how we extricate ourselves from this mess without destabilizing the whole region and restore a measure of American credibility which Chimpy and Co. pissed away with the invasion.

Sending all patries to their respective corners might be a start. A "Marshall Plan" for the region might be another. But any solution will require the administration to give up its intransigent refusal to accept any but the input from their own noise chamber. Even the Iranians and Syrians.

No, a ranger is not a tactic. No, a special forces unit is not a tactic. No. These two words are words used to describe types of soldiers. Not tactics. The use of these two different types of soldiers is part of military tactics. They themselves are not tactics. Learn English.

And you're right. Soldiers on the ground have been calling for more troops. So have generals. When operation "shock and awe," you know, the one you brought up, was planned, the generals in question called for a higher number of troops to be used in that operation. From the beginning! Were they listened to? No. And they still aren't being listened to. Thanks for cementing my point.

Our soldiers aren't fighting a traditional army here so they need different tactics. Traditional combat training doesn't cut it. The military is being used as a police force in Iraq and that's not what they are trained for. They are trained for "shock and awe," not maintaining law and order.

General Shinseki called for 200,000+ troops on the ground for the occupation of Iraq. He was shit-canned by Rummy and the other neo-cons at DoD for telling the truth.

Chimpy and Co. made a big mistake by invading Iraq to begin with. They took their eyes off of the real threat, Osama bin Laden and his ilk, and went haring off into Iraq based upon a tissue of lies. Bu that's all water under the bridge now. The real issue is how we extricate ourselves from this mess without destabilizing the whole region and restore a measure of American credibility which Chimpy and Co. pissed away with the invasion.

Sending all patries to their respective corners might be a start. A "Marshall Plan" for the region might be another. But any solution will require the administration to give up its intransigent refusal to accept any but the input from their own noise chamber. Even the Iranians and Syrians.

C'mon Bully...'Professor et al" why don't ya enlist and go over and show all of us idiots how it is done..."Talk is cheap" actions rock! I am referring to your comments about "Chimpee et al" He was not a combat vet anymore than you were! Do you get my drift?...or would you prefer to tell all of the idiots how it is done...without getting your hands..."DIRTY" I will be waiting with baited breath for your knowledge based on 'Bookwork'...:teeth:

C'mon Bully...'Professor et al" why don't ya enlist and go over and show all of us idiots how it is done..."Talk is cheap" actions rock! I am referring to your comments about "Chimpee et al" He was not a combat vet anymore than you were! Do you get my drift?...or would you prefer to tell all of the idiots how it is done...without getting your hands..."DIRTY" I will be waiting with baited breath for your knowledge based on 'Bookwork'...:teeth:

You're right, talk is cheap. Bully didn't advocate invading Iraq, Bush did. Your point is moot (for a change...:rolleyes:)

You're right, talk is cheap. Bully didn't advocate invading Iraq, Bush did. Your point is moot (for a change...:rolleyes:)

another 'White glove' never get the hands dirty Know it All.......roflmao!:wank: <<<<<< you and Bully!

Arch, Bully is a Vet. Go nap.

I already served...During the Reagan years. Too old now, and wouldn't fight in Chimpy's dirty little war anyways. If Chimpy and Co had stuck to Afghanistan, which now seems to be circling the drain, and actually concentrated on cutting the head off the serpent, ie offing bin Laden and his associates, it might be a different story. But it's not, so lets deal with the present situation and see if we can't move the sorry SOB's who are now running this country to refocus doing their job and getting bin Laden.

If you're active duty, you have my respect and my thanks. If you've served, you have the same. If not, sod off.

Arch, Bully is a Vet. Go nap.

Bully served during the 'Reagan' years...as did you...pa-lease give this combat vet a break...are your hands dirty?...or do ya just like to spank us 'dirty' warriors for 'Political gain'...be honest now cause' your spouse is a "Judge" or is that 'Justice of the Peace'?

Ya are starting to sound alot like...Lt.Kerry and 'Murtha' they had their say as do you and Bully...a beer break is in order...NO?

another 'White glove' never get the hands dirty Know it All.......roflmao!:wank: <<<<<< you and Bully!

Here's a piece of advice AA, and it's free. If you keep on stepping up to the plate, and get struck out EVERY TIME, maybe it's time to sit in the stands and realise that you just ain't got it...:blues:

Here's a piece of advice AA, and it's free. If you keep on stepping up to the plate, and get struck out EVERY TIME, maybe it's time to sit in the stands and realise that you just ain't got it...:blues:

would you like to go 'one on one'...I may be getting older..but by no means dead...now take MrP's advice and take a nap!:blues:

Forum List

Back