Gosh...!

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
Anbar province in Iraq is, for all intents and purposes, no longer under US control. Iraq's Prime Minister, you know the one we installed, is sucking up to Iran's bat-shit crazy President. And things were going so well...

Anbar province in Iraq is, for all intents and purposes, no longer under US control. Iraq's Prime Minister, you know the one we installed, is sucking up to Iran's bat-shit crazy President. And things were going so well...

And you sound gleeful about that, Bully. Why? You want US soldiers killed? Iraqis hurt?

What a complete DICK HEAD.:tdown2:

Do you have NO LIFE?

Wait, I know, your just reporting the news, right, DICK HEAD?

Ya know, It's not like WE are the bad guy's, it's not like WE have our military guy's drive car bombs into crowned market places, and blow up INNOCENT civilian's.

You and yours or SO lost.:puke:

And you sound gleeful about that, Bully. Why? You want US soldiers killed? Iraqis hurt?

Kathiannee this is further proof of what i've been saying all along about Bully, he hates America, he just happpens to reside behind enemy lines is all. That is why when news is bad Bully is happy, when news is good Bully is sad.

I for one though am not gonna buy into his bullshit about "I love Amerrica but I hate this administration" crap anymore since when the question is posed to him about when has he ever been happy with any American governmet at anytime in his lifetime you never get an answer.

To me Bully does not deserve the rights bestowed upon him by this great nation.

No links, no comment. Except if true, we should pull out yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/12/AR2006091201188.html

Here's one, though it's a 'denial':

Marines deny losing Iraq's biggest province

By Peter Graff
Reuters
Tuesday, September 12, 2006; 6:02 PM

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The commander of U.S. Marines in Iraq denied on Tuesday his troops had lost the vast province they patrol, after newspapers said his intelligence chief had written the grimmest report from the field since the war began.

Washington appears to have been jolted by the classified assessment by Colonel Peter Devlin, which describes the failure of the Marines to pacify Anbar province. The vast western desert makes up a third of the country and is considered the Sunni insurgency's heartland.

The Washington Post reported that officials who have seen the assessment said it described the province as lost. According to the paper, Devlin concluded that Iraq's Shi'ite-led government holds no sway in the province and the strongest political movement there is now the Iraq branch of al Qaeda.

The Marines' commander, Major General Richard Zilmer, told reporters in a conference call he agreed with the assessment, but he disputed the dire characterizations of it in the press.

"We are winning this war," he said. "I have never heard any discussion about the war being lost before this weekend."

Still, he repeatedly defined his mission in narrow terms -- as one primarily concerned with training Iraqi troops and police, not actually pacifying Iraq's most restive province.

"My mission is to train Iraqi security forces," he said, adding he believed those efforts would eventually provide an Iraqi force big enough to control the province.

Zilmer's narrow definition of the mission for U.S. troops in Anbar province comes as the Bush administration describes Iraq as the central front on the U.S. global war on terrorism.
No editorializing here. :rolleyes:
A senior U.S. defense official said Zilmer's comments should not be interpreted as meaning U.S. troops in Anbar are merely treading water against insurgents while building an Iraqi security force that eventually will have to defeat the rebels.

But the official, speaking anonymously because of the sensitivity of the issue, described the "main mission" for U.S. forces as "to have the ability to be able to turn over the security responsibilities to a capable police and military force that can operate within the central government and local governments."

HIGH CASUALTIES

Zilmer's U.S. Marine-led division and its predecessors in Anbar have faced some of the highest casualty rates in Iraq.

Devlin's complete report has not been made public. But accounts of it first appeared on Monday in the Washington Post, which quoted one official describing it as the most pessimistic assessment ever filed by a senior officer from Iraq.

According to the New York Times on Tuesday, Devlin wrote that an additional division -- some 16,000 more U.S. troops -- was needed urgently to back up the 30,000 now in Anbar. The United States has 147,000 troops in Iraq.

Otherwise "there is nothing (the Marine command) can do to influence the motivation of the Sunni to wage an insurgency," it quoted the assessment as saying.

Zilmer said he had enough troops to carry out his training mission. But he said "the metrics change" were he to be asked to achieve a wider objective.

And sending more Americans to Anbar would "only bring short-term gains to the environment," he said. The insurgency would end only if locals came to accept the central government.

"Once people have confidence in the government and once people see they have bridges to Baghdad, that is going to be a helpful event that will erode the causes for the insurgency."

Despite its vast size and long borders with Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia, Washington stationed only about 20,000 troops in Anbar for much of the three years since Baghdad fell. The numbers were increased this year by an extra few thousand.

The area includes such battlegrounds as Falluja, Ramadi, Haditha and Qaim in the Euphrates valley.

No links, no comment. Except if true, we should pull out yesterday.

Foreward:i've been a supporter of going into Iraq from the beginning.

P as i've been saying for some time now we do not have the intestinal fortitude to fight this Iraq battle and win it, it goes against my nature to say this but I think maybe we should pull up stakes and let the civil war between Shiite and Sunni which is well under way now get going big, let them all fucking kill each other then wheen its oover we will take every oil tanker under U.S, flag, back them in and loot the place of every single drop of oil it has. Teach em a lesson.

I don't see where another U.S. soldier getting picked off is going to change the current mess that shithole is in.

Can't wait for the Murtha comparisons to me to come rolling in.

What a complete DICK HEAD.:tdown2:

Do you have NO LIFE?

Wait, I know, your just reporting the news, right, DICK HEAD?

Ya know, It's not like WE are the bad guy's, it's not like WE have our military guy's drive car bombs into crowned market places, and blow up INNOCENT civilian's.

You and yours or SO lost.:puke:

No, our troops are not the bad guys. The insurgents who have no regard for human life are the bad guys. Our president and his administration who recklessly put our troops in harms way are the bad guys. Our troops are doing the best they can in the face of badly flawed leadership at the top of the chain of command.

P as i've been saying for some time now we do not have the intestinal fortitude to fight this Iraq battle and win it, it goes against my nature to say this but I think maybe we should pull up stakes and let the civil war between Shiite and Sunni which is well under way now get going big, let them all fucking kill each other then wheen its oover we will take every oil tanker under U.S, flag, back them in and loot the place of every single drop of oil it has. Teach em a lesson.

I don't see where another U.S. soldier getting picked off is going to change the current mess that shithole is in.

US troops don't need to pull out of the region entirely. Kurdistan, Oman, and several other Gulf Emirates would be close enough to quickly redeploy US troops once the dust settles from a civil war, or help stabilize the region should the civil war spread outside the boundaries iof Iraq.

And no, I won't compare you to Jack Murtha.

So I figured. Don't you think it's important for all of us to watch how we sound, at to reasonable people? It was you that posted in that tone.

Given the falsely optimistic tone that has been emanating from the White House, I only thought the irony fitting.

I'm actually inclined to agree with you for once. Yes. We can't stop people from hating each other. My only concern would be Iran rushing to fill the influence vacuum with loads of support and a unifying vision of caliphatic supremacy. I guess we could make it clear to every Iraqi shia, sunni, and kurd that alliances with Iran would be a bad choice. I'd like to see a ballistics demonstration about now.

P as i've been saying for some time now we do not have the intestinal fortitude to fight this Iraq battle and win it, it goes against my nature to say this but I think maybe we should pull up stakes and let the civil war between Shiite and Sunni which is well under way now get going big, ......

Bush and Condi made a big mistake by not dividing Iraq into three countries: Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites, with a loose federation to distribute the oil revenues by the relative population of the three states at the time of formation. Oversight of the federation by the UN, with oversight of the UN crooks by us. The three States to have strong, defensible borders along rivers or mountain ridges. This will require forced moves of some residents and perhaps entire towns. Such is the price they must pay for losing the damn country to Saddam, then to us Christian devils.

That being said, it's not too late to do this. Call it "Plan B", whatever.

The main reason we have so much trouble getting the Iraqis to police themselves is that the tribal feuds that have been going on for centuries. Arabs are not like us Americans who don't really care about issues that our ancestors might have had with neighboring tribes back in Europe, China, or wherever. Their culture will always be at war with each other and there is nothing that we Americans can do about that.

After we get them in their respective corners, then we leave. But at least we gave them some method of securing themselves.

.... My only concern would be Iran rushing to fill the influence vacuum with loads of support and a unifying vision of caliphatic supremacy. I guess we could make it clear to every Iraqi shia, sunni, and kurd that alliances with Iran would be a bad choice. I'd like to see a ballistics demonstration about now.
Good point. Let's cretae a no-man zone on the Iran-Iraq border. Two rows of razor wire 100 yards apart, encompassing a bulldozed strip of wasteland. Flights over randomly with orders to kill anything with a temperature signature. Constant satellite imagery alerting guarded outposts stationed at 5 mile intervals.:mm:

Thanks, i'm not a traitor like you and him.

That's over the top don't you think? Murtha called for an exit strategy because there is none. Calling a decorated veteran a "traitor" is ridiculous and based solely on your hawkish opinions of this war--nothing more.

Good point. Let's cretae a no-man zone on the Iran-Iraq border. Two rows of razor wire 100 yards apart, encompassing a bulldozed strip of wasteland. Flights over randomly with orders to kill anything with a temperature signature. Constant satellite imagery alerting guarded outposts stationed at 5 mile intervals.:mm:

Yeah, because that would fly like a lead turd. :rolleyes: What we need is a department of nation-building in the Pentagon so that when we topple a government we don't have to re-invent the wheel every time trying to rebuild infrastructure. We also need more highly-specialized cultural, language and police-strategy training for our troops so they will be better able to work fluidly as "peace-keepers" in foreign battle environments. Right now we're sending traditionally-combat-trained killing machines--trained to fight other traditionally-combat-trained armies--who speak no Arabic in to Arab countries to act like a police force with no strategy for success fighting militias and gangs using guerrilla tactics. No wonder every area we "liberate" devolves back into gangland as soon as we leave it.

Forum List

Back