GOPer accidently tells the truth!

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
Okay, maybe this has slipped passed a lot of people....ESPECIALLY the alleged "liberal media".....but when Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) made his televised response for the GOP to President Obama's State of the Union address earlier this week, he let slip this little tidbit:

"...There is no doubt the President came into office facing a severe fiscal and economic situation."

http://www.wishtv.com/dpps/news/pol...-state-of-the-union-address-nt11-jpe-_3705025

:eek: Holy Crap! Amid the usual rehash of neocon half-truths, distortions and lies regarding Obama's 2 years in office, Ryan ADMITS that Obama inherited one major steaming mess from the previous administration!

That's right all you oathers/birthers/teabaggers/neocons/Libertarians and what have you....the poster boy for the GOP rebuttal to the President's SOTU just derailed the Shrub propaganda train of "it's all Obama's fault"!

And not ONE main stream media entity that I know of has asked the question of any GOP politico....."So, does this mean that the historical narrative for the Bush administration is validating it's critics from the Democratic, liberal and Independent parties to a large degree?"

Fascinating!

Last edited:
Okay, maybe this has slipped passed a lot of people....ESPECIALLY the alleged "liberal media".....but when Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) made his televised response for the GOP to President Obama's State of the Union address earlier this week, he let slip this little tidbit:

"...There is no doubt the President came into office facing a severe fiscal and economic situation."

Republican response to State of the Union Address

:eek: Holy Crap! Amid the usual rehash of half-truths, distortions and lies regarding Obama's 2 years in office, Ryan ADMITS that Obama inherited one major steaming mess from the previous administration!

That's right all you oathers/birthers/teabaggers/neocons/Libertarians and what have you....the poster boy for the GOP rebuttal to the President's SOTU just derailed the Shrub propaganda train of "it's all Obama's fault"!

And not ONE main stream media entity that I know of has asked the question of any GOP politico....."So, does this mean that the historical narrative for the Bush administration is validating it's critics from the Democratic, liberal and Independent parties to a large degree?"

Fascinating!

Holy crap? Democrats had been in the majority in congress and the senate for two years when Obama was elected. You could make the argument that democrats set up the financial collapse as the biggest October surprise in history. The "man" who was holding all the cards was the powerful banking chairman and he confessed that he had "ideological blinders" on when Fannie collapsed.

I really think you might want to look up the word "accidently". I don't think it means what you think it means.

is anyone pretending the economy was good with President Obama took over? Could you name that person?

Problem isnt that it was bad when he took over. The problem is that he has formulated policies that have made it worse.

• Banned

:eek: Holy Crap! Amid the usual rehash of half-truths, distortions and lies regarding Obama's 2 years in office, Ryan ADMITS that Obama inherited one major steaming mess from the previous administration!

Fascinating!

Holy crap? Democrats had been in the majority in congress and the senate for two years when Obama was elected. You could make the argument that democrats set up the financial collapse as the biggest October surprise in history. The "man" who was holding all the cards was the powerful banking chairman and he confessed that he had "ideological blinders" on when Fannie collapsed.

First off, you need to stop regurgitating false neocon talking points, Avatar. The Dem win in 2006 DID NOT give the Dems the majority votes in the Senate necessary to pass their reforms and proposals. Add to that the record number of filibusters by the Party of NO, and a key support of your "argument" disappears. To try and IGNORE the deregulation and reaganomic approach by the Shrub & company effect on the country would only be accepted by someone who is only attune to one type of news source.

As I suspected, when a GOPer makes a slip and acknowledges that Obama inherited a steaming mess from the previous administration, the neocon apologist rush to the Shrub's defense with the same tired half-truths and distortions....pathetic.

• Banned
Ya, and he made it worse

Not according to the CBO, or the other economic indicators of late. It's not all peaches and cream, but it sure as hell isn't "staying the course" of doom that we were on.

Funny, a GOPer let's slip of the neocon idol imagery being a fuck-up in reality, and all the neocon parrots can do is squawk tired mantras.

Fascinating!

First off, you need to stop regurgitating false neocon talking points, Avatar. The Dem win in 2006 DID NOT give the Dems the majority votes in the Senate necessary to pass their reforms and proposals. Add to that the record number of filibusters by the Party of NO, and a key support of your "argument" disappears. To try and IGNORE the deregulation and reaganomic approach by the Shrub & company effect on the country would only be accepted by someone who is only attune to one type of news source.

As I suspected, when a GOPer makes a slip and acknowledges that Obama inherited a steaming mess from the previous administration, the neocon apologist rush to the Shrub's defense with the same tired half-truths and distortions....pathetic.

Democrats had control of all the powerful committies in congress when they gained the majority in 06 (really 07). The system was already in place which was worthy of an organized crime syndicate. Democrats created it back when Clinton had the majority in the early 90's. Force banks to make bad loans or face civil rights litigation. Granted republicans were lazy but the collapse was a democrat operation.

this tichilib guy is the best.

If I need to check the stereo type for redundant, rinse and repeat, I just look up one of his blather on posts.

gop- evul neo-cons
libs - innocent bystandards that the evul neo-cons wouldn't let save America.

pathetic

funny, but still pathetic.

Fascinating!

Well you could make that argument, but then you didn't read what he said about,

Good evening. I'm Congressman Paul Ryan from Janesville, Wisconsin — and chairman here at the House Budget Committee....President Obama just addressed a congressional chamber filled with many new faces....Our debt is the product of acts by many presidents and many Congresses over many years. No one person or party is responsible for it. There is no doubt the president came into office facing a severe fiscal and economic situation.

So now your argument falls flat on it's face.

I really think you might want to look up the word "accidently". I don't think it means what you think it means.

If you're going to attempt to talk down to someone, Avatar...please try to stay within the context of the discussion and retain some coherency. Nothing about my use of the word accidently is unrelated to the narrative of the opening post....unless YOU think that Ryan really meant to acknowledge to the screw ups of the Shrub's 8 years in office?
is anyone pretending the economy was good with President Obama took over? Could you name that person?

John McCain, Dick Cheney, Ari Fleischer, various pundits of Fox News, the WND, NewsMax, Frontpage....I could go on, but I tire of doing others homework.

Problem isnt that it was bad when he took over. The problem is that he has formulated policies that have made it worse.

Not according to the CBO, or the other economic indicators of late. It's not all peaches and cream, but it sure as hell isn't "staying the course" of doom that we were on.

If I need to check the stereo type for redundant, rinse and repeat, I just look up one of his blather on posts.

gop- evul neo-cons

pathetic

and this idiot still cant define his usage of the term "neocon"

You mean,.....are you saying Reagan's Trickle Down theory is full of piss?? That doing what Bush did made it worse? Do tell!!:eusa_angel:

gop- evul neo-cons

pathetic

What is your definition of a necon?

gop- evul neo-cons

pathetic

i'm not the one using it on a regular basis
ask HIM

Democrats had control of all the powerful committies in congress when they gained the majority in 06 (really 07). The system was already in place which was worthy of an organized crime syndicate. Democrats created it back when Clinton had the majority in the early 90's. Force banks to make bad loans or face civil rights litigation. Granted republicans were lazy but the collapse was a democrat operation.

One more time for the cheap seats; DEMS DID NOT HAVE THE NUMBER OF VOTES IN THE SENAT NECESSARY TO PASS THEIR BILLS INTO LAW FROM 2006 TO 2008. A matter of fact and history that neocon parrots just don't want to hear.

And to pop another neocon gasbag...no law FORCED banks to make bad loans...the law stated that the SAME type of housing loans made to the majority population should be made to the minority population. NO LAW forced the banks to make bad loans and then mix them with good loan packages that they sold to each other and subsequently screwed the economy. They did that on their own...courtesy of the deregulation mantras of the neocon gov't of Reagan/Bush/Bush (with a hefy assist from Clinton). I defy YOU or any other neocon parrot to produce the law that state in no uncertain terms what you allege.

Bottom line: Ryan gave an acknowledgement to the Bush fuck-up.....and all the neocon parrot have are tired and long disproved mantras.

One more time for the cheap seats; DEMS DID NOT HAVE THE NUMBER OF VOTES IN THE SENAT NECESSARY TO PASS THEIR BILLS INTO LAW FROM 2006 TO 2008. A matter of fact and history that neocon parrots just don't want to hear.

And to pop another neocon gasbag...no law FORCED banks to make bad loans...the law stated that the SAME type of housing loans made to the majority population should be made to the minority population. NO LAW forced the banks to make bad loans and then mix them with good loan packages that they sold to each other and subsequently screwed the economy. They did that on their own...courtesy of the deregulation mantras of the neocon gov't of Reagan/Bush/Bush (with a hefy assist from Clinton). I defy YOU or any other neocon parrot to produce the law that state in no uncertain terms what you allege.

Bottom line: Ryan gave an acknowledgement to the Bush fuck-up.....and all the neocon parrot have are tired and long disproved mantras.
see, he does it again

forget the fact he is a moron as well

gop- evul neo-cons

pathetic

What's pathetic is that YOU think just throwing out tired insults and neocon blather is a substitute for actual discussion of what one of YOUR representatives stated. Carry on.

i'm not the one using it on a regular basis
ask HIM

images

Fascinating!

Well you could make that argument, but then you didn't read what he said about,

Good evening. I'm Congressman Paul Ryan from Janesville, Wisconsin — and chairman here at the House Budget Committee....President Obama just addressed a congressional chamber filled with many new faces....Our debt is the product of acts by many presidents and many Congresses over many years. No one person or party is responsible for it. There is no doubt the president came into office facing a severe fiscal and economic situation.

So now your argument falls flat on it's face.

Only if one is ignorant of the GOP defense of the Shrub's reaganomics on steriods. Just ask McCain or Cheney or Ari Fleisher or the host of neocon pundits from Fox News Clear Channel the WND, etc., etc.

Yeah, when they were in power the neocon mantra was that the Shrub was gold even when he was fucking up. But now that they can't escape the reality of history, it's suddenly EVERYONE'S fault. Sure, I'll point the finger at Nixon's 5 year Plan, Reaganomics, Clinton's complicity and Nafta screw-up...but the Bush family isn't going to skate on this.

Forum List

Back