GOPer accidently tells the truth!

fannie and freddie,, can you say fannie and freddie?? And congress refuses to address fannie and freddie.

fannie and freddie,, can you say fannie and freddie?? And congress refuses to address fannie and freddie.

Yes, Fannie and Freddie. What exactly do you mean about Fannie and Freddie? What do you know about them?

Other than the fact that other mental midgets like to name-drop them, I suspect you don't know a whole lot of anything about them.

So please tell us, what oh what should Congress do to address Fannie and Freddie?

We'll wait.

Yes, Fannie and Freddie. What exactly do you mean about Fannie and Freddie? What do you know about them?

Other than the fact that other mental midgets like to name-drop them, I suspect you don't know a whole lot of anything about them.

So please tell us, what oh what should Congress do to address Fannie and Freddie?

We'll wait.

dump it end it and let them stand on their own. we got no damn business in the mortgage business, just like everything else the democrats run in gubbbmint it bankrupts us..

Okay, maybe this has slipped passed a lot of people....ESPECIALLY the alleged "liberal media".....but when Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) made his televised response for the GOP to President Obama's State of the Union address earlier this week, he let slip this little tidbit:

"...There is no doubt the President came into office facing a severe fiscal and economic situation."

Republican response to State of the Union Address

:eek: Holy Crap! Amid the usual rehash of neocon half-truths, distortions and lies regarding Obama's 2 years in office, Ryan ADMITS that Obama inherited one major steaming mess from the previous administration!

That's right all you oathers/birthers/teabaggers/neocons/Libertarians and what have you....the poster boy for the GOP rebuttal to the President's SOTU just derailed the Shrub propaganda train of "it's all Obama's fault"!

And not ONE main stream media entity that I know of has asked the question of any GOP politico....."So, does this mean that the historical narrative for the Bush administration is validating it's critics from the Democratic, liberal and Independent parties to a large degree?"

Fascinating!

You're confused.

The main theme was "Is all Bush's fault".

The economy was in a mess. Who's responsible is debatable, but we can at least say the Senate, which Obama was a member is partly responsible.

You lefties tried blaming it all on Bush but now that the economy keeps getting worse you don't want to blame any of it on Obama or the Democrats.

Well, you had 18 months to fix it and you failed. Spending will not fix the economy. Raising taxes is not the only solution.

The OP is a prime example of projection. The poster projecting the deeds of the left onto the GOP.

Lets see, the pseudo-conservatives didn't believe we were in a recession in the first place. Now that the recession ended and the economy is slowly getting better they still don't want to take any of the blame.

The prime mover of thegreat recession:

tax.com: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

The tax cuts did not spur investment. Job growth in the George W. Bush years was one-seventh that of the Clinton years. Nixon and Ford did better than Bush on jobs. Wages fell during the last administration. Average incomes fell. The number of Americans in poverty, as officially measured, hit a 16-year high last year of 43.6 million, though a National Academy of Sciences study says that the real poverty figure is closer to 51 million. Food banks are swamped. Foreclosure signs are everywhere. Americans and their governments are drowning in debt. And at the nexus of tax and healthcare, Republican ideas perpetuate a cruel and immoral system that rations healthcare -- while consuming every sixth dollar in the economy and making businesses, especially small businesses, less efficient and less profitable.

This is economic madness. It is policy divorced from empirical evidence. It is insanity because the policies are illusory and delusional. The evidence is in, and it shows beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts failed to achieve the promised goals.

this tichilib guy is the best.

If I need to check the stereo type for redundant, rinse and repeat, I just look up one of his blather on posts.

gop- evul neo-cons
libs - innocent bystandards that the evul neo-cons wouldn't let save America.

pathetic

funny, but still pathetic.
and this idiot still cant define his usage of the term "neocon"

olberman used it as an insult, so he thinks he's insulting all of us by using it himself.

Speaking of mindless trolls, how'd using neo-con as an insult work out for ol' olberman?

If I need to check the stereo type for redundant, rinse and repeat, I just look up one of his blather on posts.

gop- evul neo-cons

pathetic

and this idiot still cant define his usage of the term "neocon"

What is your definition of a necon?

Neo-Conservatives are, for the most part, formal liberals that left the DNC b/c the morals of the DNC had declined to far for them, and the RNC was more freindly. They tend to have a liberal to moderate view of the economy. (IMO) If anyone is a neo-con let me know what I got wrong.

gop- evul neo-cons

pathetic

What's pathetic is that YOU think just throwing out tired insults and neocon blather is a substitute for actual discussion of what one of YOUR representatives stated. Carry on.

Lets not confuse things.

I wasn't speaking to you
I wasnt' insulting you. I was stating facts about you, in a humours fashion. You lack the ability to converse, or see all the facts, so 'this' is the limit of our conversation.

Okay, maybe this has slipped passed a lot of people....ESPECIALLY the alleged "liberal media".....but when Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) made his televised response for the GOP to President Obama's State of the Union address earlier this week, he let slip this little tidbit:

"...There is no doubt the President came into office facing a severe fiscal and economic situation."

:eek: Holy Crap! Amid the usual rehash of half-truths, distortions and lies regarding Obama's 2 years in office, Ryan ADMITS that Obama inherited one major steaming mess from the previous administration!

That's right all you oathers/birthers/teabaggers/neocons/Libertarians and what have you....the poster boy for the GOP rebuttal to the President's SOTU just derailed the Shrub propaganda train of "it's all Obama's fault"!

And not ONE main stream media entity that I know of has asked the question of any GOP politico....."So, does this mean that the historical narrative for the Bush administration is validating it's critics from the Democratic, liberal and Independent parties to a large degree?"

Fascinating!

Holy crap? Democrats had been in the majority in congress and the senate for two years when Obama was elected. You could make the argument that democrats set up the financial collapse as the biggest October surprise in history. The "man" who was holding all the cards was the powerful banking chairman and he confessed that he had "ideological blinders" on when Fannie collapsed.

First off, you need to stop regurgitating false neocon talking points, Avatar. The Dem win in 2006 DID NOT give the Dems the majority votes in the Senate necessary to pass their reforms and proposals. Add to that the record number of filibusters by the Party of NO, and a key support of your "argument" disappears. To try and IGNORE the deregulation and reaganomic approach by the Shrub & company effect on the country would only be accepted by someone who is only attune to one type of news source.

As I suspected, when a GOPer makes a slip and acknowledges that Obama inherited a steaming mess from the previous administration, the neocon apologist rush to the Shrub's defense with the same tired half-truths and distortions....pathetic.

Nobody thought our economy was doing well in 2008. There were no "slips and acknowledges". Only a partisan hack would try and make a moronic point like that.
The dems had the Senate, and they had Congress from 2006 on, so lets try and play the game of "reality".....it took both parties to get in the mess we were in.

:eek: Holy Crap! Amid the usual rehash of neocon half-truths, distortions and lies regarding Obama's 2 years in office, Ryan ADMITS that Obama inherited one major steaming mess from the previous administration!

Fascinating!

You're confused.

The economy was in a mess. Who's responsible is debatable, but we can at least say the Senate, which Obama was a member is partly responsible.

You lefties tried blaming it all on Bush but now that the economy keeps getting worse you don't want to blame any of it on Obama or the Democrats.

Well, you had 18 months to fix it and you failed. Spending will not fix the economy. Raising taxes is not the only solution.

The OP is a prime example of projection. The poster projecting the deeds of the left onto the GOP.

Lets see, the pseudo-conservatives didn't believe we were in a recession in the first place. Now that the recession ended and the economy is slowly getting better they still don't want to take any of the blame.

The tax cuts did not spur investment. Job growth in the George W. Bush years was one-seventh that of the Clinton years. Nixon and Ford did better than Bush on jobs. Wages fell during the last administration. Average incomes fell. The number of Americans in poverty, as officially measured, hit a 16-year high last year of 43.6 million, though a National Academy of Sciences study says that the real poverty figure is closer to 51 million. Food banks are swamped. Foreclosure signs are everywhere. Americans and their governments are drowning in debt. And at the nexus of tax and healthcare, Republican ideas perpetuate a cruel and immoral system that rations healthcare -- while consuming every sixth dollar in the economy and making businesses, especially small businesses, less efficient and less profitable.

This is economic madness. It is policy divorced from empirical evidence. It is insanity because the policies are illusory and delusional. The evidence is in, and it shows beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts failed to achieve the promised goals.

I didn't get past that.

When did the recession end?
Fuel up
food up
cost of living up
Ins premiums up
my income not up
unemployment same

Please explain how the Rec. is over in great detail.

You're confused.

I didn't get past that.

When did the recession end?
Fuel up
food up
cost of living up
Ins premiums up
my income not up
unemployment same

I think this is the part where they say that this is the new norm and we just have to get used to it.

I think this is the part where they say that this is the new norm and we just have to get used to it.

Well, I know people who dont ever bother working a day in their life dont care. But the people who are out of work and cant get work are not going to just get used to it.

Well, I know people who dont ever bother working a day in their life dont care. But the people who are out of work and cant get work are not going to just get used to it.

I agree, but I have already heard that the 9%+ is now the new norm for unemployment. No more than an excuse for not having any idea how to fix the problem.

Fascinating!

Really?

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree, but I have already heard that the 9%+ is now the new norm for unemployment. No more than an excuse for not having any idea how to fix the problem.

That's nucking futs.

but there is a very very good chance it does stay like this. As corps start to go with temp services. I do job searches on a regular basis, there's a long list of temp jobs with crazy hours, and almost no full time work to apply for.

companies don't know if they can afford obamacare, so instead of hireing people on, they go with temps. And temps rarely last, b/c the jobs don't last.

Ryan should have said: "There is no doubt the president pressed hard as he campaigned and spent millions of dollars, to gladly undertake the failure of a democratic Congress and a Republican president, with "hope and change" as his promise to the American people. Trillions of spent dollars later, the jobless rate has been stuck above 9 percent since May 2009."

"The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do NOT see." Barney Frank---9/11/ 2003

"Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, they are not in danger of going under----I do think their prospects of going forward are very solid." -- Barney Frank-- 7/14/2008

Last edited:

This article was written before the Bush Tax Cuts were extended. And now that they have been it may well be that we are indeed headed for a double dip. But we will not know for some time.....

The End Of The Great Recession? Hardly - Brian Wingfield - Business in The Beltway - Forbes

Even the NBER, the unofficial arbiter of recession start and end dates, says that “economic activity is typically below normal in the early stages of an expansion, and it sometimes remains so well into the expansion.”

In other words, the Great Recession technically may be over, but in real terms it’s not–and it may continue for some time in the future.

What exactly is a recession? According to the NBER, it’s “a period of falling economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales.” It ends when there’s a general uptick in business activity. The NBER uses many different indicators from both the federal government and the private sector–including monthly data on employment, gross domestic product, gross domestic income, manufacturing and trade sales and industrial production–to make its conclusions.

The group’s announcement shouldn’t come as a surprise. According to the U.S. Commerce Department, growth in gross domestic product–perhaps the broadest measure of economic activity–has been positive since the third quarter of 2009.

:eek: Holy Crap! Amid the usual rehash of half-truths, distortions and lies regarding Obama's 2 years in office, Ryan ADMITS that Obama inherited one major steaming mess from the previous administration!

Fascinating!

Holy crap? Democrats had been in the majority in congress and the senate for two years when Obama was elected. You could make the argument that democrats set up the financial collapse as the biggest October surprise in history. The "man" who was holding all the cards was the powerful banking chairman and he confessed that he had "ideological blinders" on when Fannie collapsed.

Majority in the senate?

The loony guy from up north was not seated for how long?

This article was written before the Bush Tax Cuts were extended. And now that they have been it may well be that we are indeed headed for a double dip. But we will not know for some time.....

The End Of The Great Recession? Hardly - Brian Wingfield - Business in The Beltway - Forbes

Even the NBER, the unofficial arbiter of recession start and end dates, says that “economic activity is typically below normal in the early stages of an expansion, and it sometimes remains so well into the expansion.”

In other words, the Great Recession technically may be over, but in real terms it’s not–and it may continue for some time in the future.

What exactly is a recession? According to the NBER, it’s “a period of falling economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales.” It ends when there’s a general uptick in business activity. The NBER uses many different indicators from both the federal government and the private sector–including monthly data on employment, gross domestic product, gross domestic income, manufacturing and trade sales and industrial production–to make its conclusions.

The group’s announcement shouldn’t come as a surprise. According to the U.S. Commerce Department, growth in gross domestic product–perhaps the broadest measure of economic activity–has been positive since the third quarter of 2009.

Of course the GDP would look that way since we are paying more for the same stuff now.

Fascinating!

NEWS FLASH: CONGRESS DOESN'T WRITE THE BUDGET.
AP - Contrary to the popular belief held by the right wing, the Congress does not write the budget. And while they may get the last word on most legislation passed, the President has to sign off on it..and can veto. Over riding a veto is often difficult..if not impossible.

In other words..the President sets the agenda.

Congress can slow it down. It can stop it in it's tracks. But the budget does not originate in Congress.

Forum List

Back