GOP Superstar Candidate Believes Women Should Stay In Abusive Marriages

But forcing someone to stay in that marriage -- is A-OK because why?

And why don't you right wingers practice what you preach??

Literally everyone you worship is on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th marriages...
So is your guy. Do you ever get tired of that high horse?

Who said force? Not me. Just should t be quite as easy as it is currently especially when there are children involved.

It depends on who you are worried about I guess.

"JD Vance said people need to be more willing to stay in unhappy marriages for the sake of their kids—and seemed to suggest that in some cases, “even violent” marriages should continue. “This is one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace, which is the idea that like, ‘well, OK, these marriages were fundamentally, you know, they were maybe even violent, but certainly they were unhappy. And so getting rid of them and making it easier for people to shift spouses like they change their underwear, that’s going to make people happier in the long term,’” Vance said.

"Culturally, something has clearly shifted. I think it’s easy but also probably true to blame the sexual revolution of the 1960s. My grandparents had an incredibly chaotic marriage in a lot of ways, but they never got divorced, right? They were together to the end, ’til death do us part. That was a really important thing to my grandmother and my grandfather. That was clearly not true by the 70s or 80s,” he said."

Yea, when they started making it easier for these whores to get divorced and go find new husbands or worse still, remain single and have careers....that was the beginning of the end.....something has to be done to make it harder for these broads to leave their husbands...if they can't take a couple of slaps across the face for their children, then maybe they don't deserve to be a mother anyway...this reminds me of what another Republican congressman said....when he talked about how with abortion being legal for the last 40 years -- it allowed women to have careers.....and I can't think of anything more detrimental to our nation than women being able to have careers...or as he put it:

"Birk said American culture "loudly but also stealthily promotes abortion" by "telling women they should look a certain way, they should have careers." Birk said abortion rights activists who oppose bans that do not allow exceptions for rape or incest victims "always want to go to the rape card."

Now, at least now we have been able to do something about the women who are using abortions to prevent them from being mothers in pursuit of their careers -- but I don't know legally what can be done to prevent women from leaving their husbands just because she is unhappy and wants to go out and be a whore....because we all know, any woman who has been married more than 2 times, most likely is a whore and should have been prevented from leaving her first husband....maybe if we impose some sort of penalty on women who do get divorced; that can help things......it may not be popular, but I think if you make it about "it's best for the children" -- it may work..and if anyone opposes you, just say they hate children and God....problem solved...
Geez, that comment from Vance, was from September...seems like you are just catching up....but he's already addressed this Ohio Senate Candidate J.D. Vance Defends Comments About People Staying in Unhappy, 'Even Violent' Marriages
"I reject the premise of your bogus question," Vance replied in a statement sent by a campaign staffer. "As anyone who studies these issues knows: domestic violence has skyrocketed in recent years, and is much higher among non-married couples. That's the 'trick' I reference: that domestic violence would somehow go down if progressives got what they want, when in fact modern society's war on families has made our domestic violence situation much worse. Any fair person would recognize I was criticizing the progressive frame on this issue, not embracing it."
"But I can see that you are not a fair person, so rather than answer your loaded and baseless question, let me offer the following: I'm an actual victim of domestic violence," Vance continued. "In my life, I have seen siblings, wives, daughters, and myself abused by men. It's disgusting for you to argue that I was defending those men."

What is apparent from this thread, and from the reporter Vance responsed to, is that dembots aren't intellectually capable of having an honest discussion. Instead they use clips and edited videos, and outtakes to spread misleading propaganda

Geez, that comment from Vance, was from September...seems like you are just catching up....but he's already addressed this Ohio Senate Candidate J.D. Vance Defends Comments About People Staying in Unhappy, 'Even Violent' Marriages
"I reject the premise of your bogus question," Vance replied in a statement sent by a campaign staffer. "As anyone who studies these issues knows: domestic violence has skyrocketed in recent years, and is much higher among non-married couples. That's the 'trick' I reference: that domestic violence would somehow go down if progressives got what they want, when in fact modern society's war on families has made our domestic violence situation much worse. Any fair person would recognize I was criticizing the progressive frame on this issue, not embracing it."
"But I can see that you are not a fair person, so rather than answer your loaded and baseless question, let me offer the following: I'm an actual victim of domestic violence," Vance continued. "In my life, I have seen siblings, wives, daughters, and myself abused by men. It's disgusting for you to argue that I was defending those men."

What is apparent from this thread, and from the reporter Vance responsed to, is that dembots aren't intellectually capable of having an honest discussion. Instead they use clips and edited videos, and outtakes to spread misleading propaganda
1658861851867.png

Can the marriage be fixed? Are the parties willing?

Those questions are often ignored.
Most of the time these questions never come up. I'm unhappy. I'm outta here.

This started in the 70s. Finding one's self and self actualization became reasons to leave a marriage. In the movie Kramer v. Kramer, the wife walked out on her family to find herself. The family, children, spouse, everything became secondary to self fulfillment. It's still going on.

I get it bro, you think women need to stay in unhappy marriages because men know what is best for them....

I think Republicans should campaign on that......the party that idolizes a man on his 3rd marriage no doubt...
A lot of marriages are unhappy. We exist now with government payouts. Watch what happens if we lose control of the economy. The 1930's was not a good decade. Considering the facts of a Depression we remained generally civil. It will be different this time if it were to occur. You see, we regressed.

No one suggested at any time that anyone should do anything at all.

Who do I worship? Who are my mentors and influences in my life?

"JD Vance said people need to be more willing to stay in unhappy marriages for the sake of their kids—and seemed to suggest that in some cases, “even violent” marriages should continue. “This is one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace, which is the idea that like, ‘well, OK, these marriages were fundamentally, you know, they were maybe even violent, but certainly they were unhappy. And so getting rid of them and making it easier for people to shift spouses like they change their underwear, that’s going to make people happier in the long term,’” Vance said.

"Culturally, something has clearly shifted. I think it’s easy but also probably true to blame the sexual revolution of the 1960s. My grandparents had an incredibly chaotic marriage in a lot of ways, but they never got divorced, right? They were together to the end, ’til death do us part. That was a really important thing to my grandmother and my grandfather. That was clearly not true by the 70s or 80s,” he said."

Yea, when they started making it easier for these whores to get divorced and go find new husbands or worse still, remain single and have careers....that was the beginning of the end.....something has to be done to make it harder for these broads to leave their husbands...if they can't take a couple of slaps across the face for their children, then maybe they don't deserve to be a mother anyway...this reminds me of what another Republican congressman said....when he talked about how with abortion being legal for the last 40 years -- it allowed women to have careers.....and I can't think of anything more detrimental to our nation than women being able to have careers...or as he put it:

"Birk said American culture "loudly but also stealthily promotes abortion" by "telling women they should look a certain way, they should have careers." Birk said abortion rights activists who oppose bans that do not allow exceptions for rape or incest victims "always want to go to the rape card."

Now, at least now we have been able to do something about the women who are using abortions to prevent them from being mothers in pursuit of their careers -- but I don't know legally what can be done to prevent women from leaving their husbands just because she is unhappy and wants to go out and be a whore....because we all know, any woman who has been married more than 2 times, most likely is a whore and should have been prevented from leaving her first husband....maybe if we impose some sort of penalty on women who do get divorced; that can help things......it may not be popular, but I think if you make it about "it's best for the children" -- it may work..and if anyone opposes you, just say they hate children and God....problem solved...

Instead of promoting thinking skills and discussions about what makes a good relationship in schools.

Tommy I have never wrote this to you ever but buddy if you ever write that again I will breed one trillion midgets to nut punch you daily!

I know you are trying that sarcastic way of writing but that ain’t you mate!

No, no woman or man should stay in any violent relationship no matter if Kids are involved!
That seems to be a bit extreme.

Would someone please pinpoint the unacceptable parts of...

"...people need to be more willing to stay in unhappy marriages for the sake of their kids—and seemed to suggest that in some cases, even violent marriages should continue."

I don't know about yinz, but in my circle of friends and relatives (born between 1940 and 1960), most of us remain married to our first spouses, and several endured periods where the husband (usually) gave serious grounds for divorce, if not violent homicide. But "we" stayed together, mainly for the sake of the kids, but also because we were brought up to consider marriage more than a relationship of convenience. And now those families treasure the memories of the intact families even while recognizing that they went through "rough patches" and survived them.

A pox on anyone who tries to attack Vance for expressing this reasonable and positive message.

Forum List

Back