Dems fume at Disney’s Hulu for blocking ads on abortion, guns

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I would be hard pressed to find a better example of irony than this.

The Disney-backed streaming service Hulu is refusing to run political ads on central themes of Democratic midterm campaigns, including abortion and guns, prompting fury from the party’s candidates and leaders.

The streaming service popular among younger voters, which has a policy against running content deemed controversial, is like other digital providers in not being bound by the Communications Act of 1934, a law that requires broadcast television networks to provide politicians equal access to the airwaves.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democratic Governors Association tried to purchase joint ads on abortion and guns with Hulu on July 15, along with identical placements on a Disney-affiliated ABC affiliate in Philadelphia and the company’s cable sports channel ESPN. The Hulu ads never ran, while the others did.

The Disney-backed streaming service Hulu is refusing to run political ads on central themes of Democratic midterm campaigns, including abortion and guns, prompting fury from the party’s candidates and leaders.

The streaming service popular among younger voters, which has a policy against running content deemed controversial, is like other digital providers in not being bound by the Communications Act of 1934, a law that requires broadcast television networks to provide politicians equal access to the airwaves.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democratic Governors Association tried to purchase joint ads on abortion and guns with Hulu on July 15, along with identical placements on a Disney-affiliated ABC affiliate in Philadelphia and the company’s cable sports channel ESPN. The Hulu ads never ran, while the others did.

The Dems are too dumb to realize Hulu is doing them a favor.

Who the hell is so stupid they watch commercials on Hulu instead of paying $6 a month? Who is running my party thinking that is a voting block?

Why fume over this?

The Democratic Party and those associated with them can use Twitter, Facebook, Tik Tok and MSM to spread their message and truthfully I pay for no Ads on my account, so I wouldn’t see those Ads anyway.

I mean if anyone that has Hulu usually pay a little more for the Ad Free Hulu, so let be honest how many people would those Ads reach on Hulu?

Who the hell is so stupid they watch commercials on Hulu instead of paying $6 a month? Who is running my party thinking that is a voting block?
Maybe it's not stupidity. Maybe those that watch the cheaper version do so because they can't afford more. Those would be the ones the Democratic party used to represent, but abandoned a while ago.

We have had Hulu and Netflix for a couple years, I think it is time to get rid of them as I don't remember the last time, we ever turned them on. to watch anything.

We have had Hulu and Netflix for a couple years, I think it is time to get rid of them as I don't remember the last time, we ever turned them on. to watch anything.

We cut the cord altogether with cable. Streaming services are all we subscribe to now.

Good for Hulu!

Maybe it's not stupidity. Maybe those that watch the cheaper version do so because they can't afford more. Those would be the ones the Democratic party used to represent, but abandoned a while ago.
Nope
MY Democrat Party still represents ME

Forum List

Back