GOP Senators want more Money for Opioid Addiction

I was just wondering...how are these people who are addicted getting these drugs? If they are getting the drugs illegally, The money spent on their habit can be used for their treatment plans....

We don't need the $40 B more put into the Health Care Program.

Just pass it already!

Obama refused to secure our borders and cheap opiates flooded in from our pals in Mexico and other south American douchebag countries. Many get hooked on prescription opiates then switch to heroin after they cut off prescriptions.

National Geographic have filmed documentaries on this problem.

I am SO sick of these fucking bull shit lies from RWs.

And Jackson, very typical of you - judging and condemning people out of hand. Why don't you educate yourself about this issue and then, oh I don't know, maybe you could pretend to be a real christian and do as your Jesus would have?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
I have a cousin who had major stomach surgery 20 years ago, and that worthless bastard STILL stays so fucked up he cant tell you his name at any given time.

Soldiers come back to the US addicted. Between the heartless cuts by Repubs and backed by idiots like the OP, they're cut off from treatment, often still have horrible pain and/or PTSD and cope the best they can.

Which doctors prescribe these medications. When I had my surgery, not one of my doctors prescribed anything at all. They all said, all four, that state law prohibited prescribing pain medication. I was told to take tylenol or benedryl and meditate. Neither work on bone and nerve surgery, by the way.
If your state had a law against pain medication then you couldn't take Tylenol, it's a pain reliever...

There is no such law. I've asked other doctors. Not my doctor's however. And tylenol is NOT an opiod so if there was a law against such medication it would be against opiods, not aceteminophen or even ibuprophen.

So stop prescribing opiods completely. Tell these complainers to buck up, they can get through it.

What is it with you utterly ignorant RW garbage?

How about you Google full color photos of the injuries that our soldiers must endure.

Honestly, before coming to this board, I did not know what monstrous people you phony christians really are.

Just imagine if the Doctors were treated like drug dealers. And the people addicted were considered of low moral character. How would those communities change?

But the war on drugs doesn't apply to them. They need help, not jails. Isn't that ironic?

I was just wondering...how are these people who are addicted getting these drugs? If they are getting the drugs illegally, The money spent on their habit can be used for their treatment plans....

Just pass it already!

Obama refused to secure our borders and cheap opiates flooded in from our pals in Mexico and other south American douchebag countries. Many get hooked on prescription opiates then switch to heroin after they cut off prescriptions.

Who are you kidding ! The addicts are the direct result of big pharm that literally told us these drugs are not addictive. Then the doctors handed them out like candy . They now go to heroine because they can't afford the pills .

We should tax big pharm to pay for this .

Just pass it already!

And Jackson, very typical of you - judging and condemning people out of hand. Why don't you educate yourself about this issue and then, oh I don't know, maybe you could pretend to be a real christian and do as your Jesus would have?

National Geographic is broadcasting RW lies? What are you smoking? FACT: Obama's policies allowing young illegals into the country resulted in young male illegals being recruited into drug trafficking gangs in the US, and young female illegals enslaved as prostitutes in the US, until they paid back the drug cartels in Mexico who are charging these illegals thousands of dollars to cross into the US. They don't assist them with crossing, its a fee. The gang recruiting occurs inside Obama's facilities housing these illegals. Step forward liberals and take responsibility for your actions.

Just pass it already!

Who are you kidding ! The addicts are the direct result of big pharm that literally told us these drugs are not addictive. Then the doctors handed them out like candy . They now go to heroine because they can't afford the pills .

They are getting addicted from legal prescription drugs. So tax the drug manufacturers and make them pay for the result of their products! Maybe they can use their advertising budget!

Just pass it already!

National Geographic is broadcasting RW lies? What are you smoking? FACT: Obama's policies allowing young illegals into the country resulted in young male illegals being recruited into drug trafficking gangs in the US, and young female illegals enslaved as prostitutes in the US, until they paid back the drug cartels in Mexico who are charging these illegals thousands of dollars to cross into the US. They don't assist them with crossing, its a fee. The gang recruiting occurs inside Obama's facilities housing these illegals. Step forward liberals and take responsibility for your actions.
Oblama's policy on letting young illegals into the nation, hey buddy, they have been letting in young illegals for over 50 years..

Just pass it already!

I was asking the board how they get the opinioids in the first place. Is that not educating myself?

Then someone added that they first are prescribed the opioids and then they go from prescribed meds to heroin. Heroin is not cheap! Can they pay for the addiction with their monthly sum yhat went to illegal drugs and help pay for their addiction therapy that way?

And BTW, you are an ass.

Just pass it already!

Lots of articles on it.

Essentially people are getting hooked on prescription opioids, legally prescribed.

Then there was a crackdown on doctors prescribing opioids- and their legal supply dried up.

Turns out heroin is cheaper than black market prescription opioids.

It has become huge problem- in many states- with huge numbers of OD deaths.

Good for the Senators trying to do something about it.

Which doctors prescribe these medications. When I had my surgery, not one of my doctors prescribed anything at all. They all said, all four, that state law prohibited prescribing pain medication. I was told to take tylenol or benedryl and meditate. Neither work on bone and nerve surgery, by the way.
If your state had a law against pain medication then you couldn't take Tylenol, it's a pain reliever...

So stop prescribing opiods completely. Tell these complainers to buck up, they can get through it.

Wow.....your compassion is amazing.

Oh and by the way- yeah they work on the pain from bone surgery. But thanks for recommending that everyone who gets a hip replacement just tough it out.

Just pass it already!

I was asking the board how they get the opinioids in the first place. Is that not educating myself?

Then someone added that they first are prescribed the opioids and then they go from prescribed meds to heroin. Heroin is not cheap! Can they pay for the addiction with their monthly sum yhat went to illegal drugs and help pay for their addiction therapy that way?

And BTW, you are an ass.

To my knowledge, if you get hooked on prescription drugs, your doctor or health facility will provide the rehab needed to get you off of the drugs. But we have to ask: if there is any truth "most" of the people got hooked using prescriptions, why only the past few years has it been such a problem? After all, they've been prescribing these drugs for decades.

And who do you suppose they will pass on those costs to?

Forum List

Back