GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment

Taking a page from Democrats who disciplined Rep. Joe "You Lie" Wilson earlier this month, Republicans are seeking their own pound of flesh from a Democratic congressman who said Tuesday that the GOP wants Americans to "die quickly" if they get sick.

Rep. Alan Grayson,a first-term Democrat known for being provocative, refuses to apologize for the comments he made on the House floor Tuesday night while criticizing Republican health care proposals.

Click here to watch the video.

Republicans are likening Grayson's remark to Wilson's widely criticized shout of "You lie!" during President Obama's address to Congress earlier this month. They say Democrats should insist that Grayson apologize just as they did Wilson.

So far, Grayson has refused to apologize.

Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, who heads the party's conservative Republican Study Committee, was planning to introduce a "resolution of disapproval" over Grayson's behavior that mirrors one Democrats approved against Wilson. Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Republican leader John Boehner, said Boehner supports the resolution.

GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment - Political News - FOXNews.com

Grayson is your typical DUMBASS

No, you are.

Grayson didn't break any rules. It was "free speech". He didn't call names (unlike you) and he didn't interrupt anyone.

Taking a page from Democrats who disciplined Rep. Joe "You Lie" Wilson earlier this month, Republicans are seeking their own pound of flesh from a Democratic congressman who said Tuesday that the GOP wants Americans to "die quickly" if they get sick.

Rep. Alan Grayson,a first-term Democrat known for being provocative, refuses to apologize for the comments he made on the House floor Tuesday night while criticizing Republican health care proposals.

Republicans are likening Grayson's remark to Wilson's widely criticized shout of "You lie!" during President Obama's address to Congress earlier this month. They say Democrats should insist that Grayson apologize just as they did Wilson.

Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, who heads the party's conservative Republican Study Committee, was planning to introduce a "resolution of disapproval" over Grayson's behavior that mirrors one Democrats approved against Wilson. Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Republican leader John Boehner, said Boehner supports the resolution.

GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment - Political News - FOXNews.com

No, you are.

Grayson didn't break any rules. It was "free speech". He didn't call names (unlike you) and he didn't interrupt anyone.

He's a DUmbass. You cannot deny it. He's a DUMBass.

No, you are.

Why, for showing the Republican health plan? They weren't showing it. If it's not what Grayson said it is, what is it? Do you know? Are you a "dumbass" too?

No, you are.

Why, for showing the Republican health plan? They weren't showing it. If it's not what Grayson said it is, what is it? Do you know? Are you a "dumbass" too?

He's a DUmbass who put another nail in the coffin of your failed health care bill..

he makes me sick.

I agree.

In American politics, there is no place for inflammatory remarks like Grayson's statement, or other statements like “The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,’ whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.”

There is just no place for it.

The dead speak volumes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF1Q3UidWM]YouTube - George Carlin: Pro Life, Abortion, And The Sanctity Of Life[/ame]

he makes me sick.

I agree.

In American politics, there is no place for inflammatory remarks like Grayson's statement, or other statements like “The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,’ whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.”

There is just no place for it.
No - you dinn't!

I think Greyson is wrong.

If the GOP wanted you to die quickly, they'd be fully supportive of things like assisted suicide for terminal patients in unspeakable, unbearable pain.

No, the GOP has made it quite clear -- they want death to be a long, drawn out, painful affair.

Repugs calling for "punishment" for this comment is indicative of butt-hurtedness. They should just laugh at this clown and leave that butthurt "punishment" or "we want an apology" tripe to the thin-skinned Dems. It's their stock in trade.

It's like the old E.F.Hutton commercial

When Ed Schultz talks, Democrats listen

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwP1EjaBik[/ame]

Forum List

Back