GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment

God you guys are dumb.

Even if a half dozen Republicans didn't talk about pulling the plug on Grandma and death panels, even the birther crap and hoping for the president's Waterloo, still, Grayson didn't do anything wrong. He followed the rules. He didn't try to stop anyone's lawful free speech.

Worse,

When he said more than 44,000 Americans died last year because they didn't have health care, a hundred and twenty every single day, Republicans don't care. Where are Republicans standing up and saying, "We care about this country"?

Instead,

They talk about seceding from the union. They talk about murdering the president of the United States. The say they hope the President Fails. Republicans had the last eight years to fix health care. They did nothing. They ruined the economy. They sent out soldiers off to war in old and rusty equipment. They let the injured come back to moldy and dirty hospitals.

Republicans need to Shut the F*ck up. They have cause enough damage. They are anti American. They hate this country.
I don't think they hate this country. I think many (not all) have a perverted sense of what it is to be an American, and warped Christian values, but I don't think they hate this county.

Would you talk about seceding from a country you love? Hoping the president "fails"? This is love?
talk to those people in Vermont for the last 8 years, asshole

I understand your point paperview, that shouting out IS against the rules (yes it is) and that holding up a sign during a session of congress isn't. Let me approach you with a different angle.

Do you think democrats shouting out during bush's state of the union and booing him down were breaking the rules too? I'm setting you up to either denounce the dems who did that or be a hypocrite, but at least i'm up front about it ;).

Last edited:
I don't think they hate this country. I think many (not all) have a perverted sense of what it is to be an American, and warped Christian values, but I don't think they hate this county.

Would you talk about seceding from a country you love? Hoping the president "fails"? This is love?

They don't identify themselves as Democrats, uh, how did you put it? *sshole?

So I that means, uh, what does that mean?

I understand your point paperview, that shouting out IS against the rules (yes it is) and that holding up a sign during a session of congress isn't. Let me approach you with a different angle.

Do you think democrats shouting out during bush's state of the union and booing him down were breaking the rules too? I'm setting you up to either denounce the dems who did that or be a hypocrite, but at least i'm up front about it ;).
Recall: the GOP booed Clinton down, in fact, a group of them (20 of them) even got up and walked out!

I thought it was rude, but apparently didn't break the rules (I guess.) - so no. After seeing how they acted with Clinton, you think I would denounce the Dems?
I don't recollect it happening to the 1st Bush, or Reagan. (though I can't say it didn't for certain) - The GOP sort of set the bar, as far as I can see.

So how did/do you feel about the GOP doing that to Clinton?

Recall: the GOP booed Clinton down, in fact, a group of them (20 of them) even got up and walked out!

I thought it was rude, but apparently didn't break the rules (I guess.) - so no. After seeing how they acted with Clinton, you think I would denounce the Dems?
I don't recollect it happening to the 1st Bush, or Reagan. (though I can't say it didn't for certain) - The GOP sort of set the bar, as far as I can see.

I think the reps broke the rules under clinton, the dems broke them under bush, and wilson broke them under obama.

Can I say the snooty comment now? Ok.....pointing to bad behavior doesn't justify other bad behavior :).

I think the reps broke the rules under clinton, the dems broke them under bush, and wilson broke them under obama.

Can I say the snooty comment now? Ok.....pointing to bad behavior doesn't justify other bad behavior :).
According to the rule book, and there is one, it isn't against the rules to boo or clap, no matter what you "think."
(and again, not sure about getting up and walking the fluck out!)

It is however, against the rules to call the President a liar.

There is no 'justifying' bad behavior, it is what it is - however some republicans seem to not even acknowledge what THEY started under Clinton. There is nothing wrong in informing those with short memories, or were oblivious to the facts.

According to the rule book, and there is one, it isn't against the rules to boo or clap, no matter what you "think."
(and again, not sure about getting up and walking the fluck out!)

It is however, against the rules to call the President a liar.

There is no 'justifying' bad behavior, it is what it is - however some republicans seem to not even acknowledge what THEY started under Clinton. There is nothing wrong in informing those with short memories, or were oblivious to the facts.

Well then the republicans didn't break the rules under clinton(or did they shout him down and not just boo, i forget if they did show me a vid or something), the dems did break the rules under bush, and wilson broke the rules under obama.

The dems actually yelled out and heckled at bush more than once in his address to congress. Let me get you video.

Last edited:
Come again?

• “Clinton’s proposal to expand Medicare to allow Americans as young as 55 to buy into the system drew shouts of “no” and some boos from Republicans during his speech.” [Chicago Tribune, 1/28/98]
  • “Only once did they unmistakably and collectively show their disapproval — when Clinton spoke disparagingly of a GOP-sponsored constitutional amendment to balance the budget. Many Republicans hissed and some booed.” [Los Angeles Times, 2/5/97]
  • “The upheaval wrought by the Republican election landslide was visible throughout the president’s State of the Union address — from the moment Speaker Newt Gingrich took the gavel to the striking silence that often greeted Clinton from the GOP. At one point, Republicans even booed. About 20 of them left as Clinton went on and on for an hour and 20 minutes.” [Associated Press, 1/24/95]

Come again?

• “Clinton’s proposal to expand Medicare to allow Americans as young as 55 to buy into the system drew shouts of “no” and some boos from Republicans during his speech.” [Chicago Tribune, 1/28/98]
  • “Only once did they unmistakably and collectively show their disapproval — when Clinton spoke disparagingly of a GOP-sponsored constitutional amendment to balance the budget. Many Republicans hissed and some booed.” [Los Angeles Times, 2/5/97]
  • “The upheaval wrought by the Republican election landslide was visible throughout the president’s State of the Union address — from the moment Speaker Newt Gingrich took the gavel to the striking silence that often greeted Clinton from the GOP. At one point, Republicans even booed. About 20 of them left as Clinton went on and on for an hour and 20 minutes.” [Associated Press, 1/24/95]

Thats basically what they were doing to bush too. The hissing, the no, the booing.

Yeah the reps started it and around we will go for eternity now ;).

and prove those calling for it now are republicans

The Republican governor of Texas?
Sarah Palin's husband?
To name a few. Oops.

Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union But Probably Won't - Political News - FOXNews.com

(notice that's from FOX news?) Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union

Palin spouse was member of states' rights party - John McCain News- msnbc.com

Todd Palin was twice registered with the Alaskan Independence Party

Come again?

Thats basically what they were doing to bush too. The hissing, the no, the booing.

Yup.

:D

Sarah Palin's husband?
To name a few. Oops.

Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union But Probably Won't - Political News - FOXNews.com

(notice that's from FOX news?) Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union

another FAIL by rdean
the gop governor of TX did not say he wanted to
he said some TEXANS may want to
and Mr Palin was only a member of that party for a short time, and never said HE wanted Alaska to leave

"Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

There is only a certain line a governor can walk up to when traipsing around the treason talk.

Come again?

I'd make the point that I don't really care about either side hissing or booing. It's childish, but it's within the rules.

Sarah Palin's husband?
To name a few. Oops.

another FAIL by rdean
and Mr Palin was only a member of that party for a short time, and never said HE wanted Alaska to leave

That's kinda like saying someone was in the KKK, but that doesn't mean they're racist.

Sarah Palin's husband?
To name a few. Oops.

another FAIL by rdean

You might want to stop.

Georgia Senate threatens to secede - Homeland Security, Fox News, World

Not only have Republicans in Texas threatened to secede, but also Georgia.

Finally, Todd Palin was a member for a "short" time? TWICE? From 1995 to 2002?

Me and Republicans see things in such different ways. I look at facts and see one thing, they imagine "stuff" and see things a different way.

Forum List

Back