GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Taking a page from Democrats who disciplined Rep. Joe "You Lie" Wilson earlier this month, Republicans are seeking their own pound of flesh from a Democratic congressman who said Tuesday that the GOP wants Americans to "die quickly" if they get sick.

Rep. Alan Grayson,a first-term Democrat known for being provocative, refuses to apologize for the comments he made on the House floor Tuesday night while criticizing Republican health care proposals.

Click here to watch the video.

Republicans are likening Grayson's remark to Wilson's widely criticized shout of "You lie!" during President Obama's address to Congress earlier this month. They say Democrats should insist that Grayson apologize just as they did Wilson.

So far, Grayson has refused to apologize.

Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, who heads the party's conservative Republican Study Committee, was planning to introduce a "resolution of disapproval" over Grayson's behavior that mirrors one Democrats approved against Wilson. Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Republican leader John Boehner, said Boehner supports the resolution.

GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment - Political News - FOXNews.com

Grayson is your typical DUMBASS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"'[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT8pOXSYl7s]YouTube - Ed Shultz Republicans want to see you die[/ame]

Dems taking their marching orders from Ed Schultz :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Way to go Dems!

My - some on the Left would like to see O'Reilly prosecuted for Dr Tillers death. I'm sure if anyone gets hurt they would demand Schultz be prosecuted as well, right?

Friggin hypocrites.

that's all they got to think with is balls,, I can hear em clacking :lol:

my - some on the left would like to see o'reilly prosecuted for dr tillers death. I'm sure if anyone gets hurt they would demand schultz be prosecuted as well, right?

Friggin hypocrites.

morons

I just heard the video on the news, it reminded me of the time that Al Gore tried to be an orator with the Bush lied crap. Grayson is being seriously disengenuous, and I doubt that he will fool anyone except the far, far left of the democrats.
This will probably have a backlash that the democrats would probably rather not have to deal with. Their plans are really starting to flame within their own party, and this freshman congressman is grasping for the fear mongering, which only the republicans do, or so we're told. go figure....

Last edited:
I think Ed and Tweety are having a spittle spewing contest! :lol:

Now here is truly an apple and orange comparison. However, if the GOP wants to say that the Dem stupidly acted like Wilson, then go for it.

Forum List

Back