GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment

I just caught the asshole Grayson on Maddow. He said in Reference to Republicans.."these people are knuckle dragging neanderthals" can you say "prelude to the nuclear option" he is setting the scene! what a shallow coarse asshole!

Repugs calling for "punishment" for this comment is indicative of butt-hurtedness. They should just laugh at this clown and leave that butthurt "punishment" or "we want an apology" tripe to the thin-skinned Dems. It's their stock in trade.

Except, you know, Wilson's outburst was an actual violation of House rules, while Grayson's sign, while stupid, wasn't.

Repugs calling for "punishment" for this comment is indicative of butt-hurtedness. They should just laugh at this clown and leave that butthurt "punishment" or "we want an apology" tripe to the thin-skinned Dems. It's their stock in trade.

Except, you know, Wilson's outburst was an actual violation of House rules, while Grayson's sign, while stupid, wasn't.
Which is the exact reason they should just laugh at the clown instead of acting all butthurt about it.

Which is the exact reason they should just laugh at the clown instead of acting all butthurt about it.

I agree that it was a stupid of the Democrats to censure Wilson. He made himself look like enough of a dick. Don't try to run up the score.

This is why the GOP is as irredeemable as the Democratic Party. Not even three weeks ago, the GOP was all about "free speech" and all this other stuff. Now, they're the ones who want someone censured.

Meet the new boss, same as old the boss sort of routine. I have come to the realization that the Democratic Party is beyond help a couple months ago, I would of had come to the conclusion sooner if I were older. However, there are people more than twice my age who still have hope in that party or even the GOP. My question is this: Why?

Even if you supposedly don't support one party, you still take it's side in any arguments. The Democrats were wrong to try and censure Joe Wilson, just like the Republicans are wrong and peddling bullshit here. Bullshit has no political bias.

I love how the camps are so hypocritical.

Compare members responses to Joe Wilson to their responses to this.

First you condem wilson for calling obama a liar in the process basically saying wilson is the one lying.

Now you defend this democrat for telling a lie that republicans want to kill people.

Hypocracy is the greatest form of intellectual entertainment.

First you condem wilson for calling obama a liar in the process basically saying wilson is the one lying.

Now you defend this democrat for telling a lie that republicans want to kill people.

Did he interrupt anybody during a joint session of congress?

No.

Did he violate the rules of decorum?

No.

There are specific rules about how one conducts oneself in the House and in the Senate. Wilson violated those rules.

If you wish to change the rules, see your representative. Otherwise, you have no call here. Republicans are guilty of the same kind of hateful rhetoric, and your side would hate it - hate it - if it were not permitted.

Goose. Your gander.

Taking a page from Democrats who disciplined Rep. Joe "You Lie" Wilson earlier this month, Republicans are seeking their own pound of flesh from a Democratic congressman who said Tuesday that the GOP wants Americans to "die quickly" if they get sick.

Rep. Alan Grayson,a first-term Democrat known for being provocative, refuses to apologize for the comments he made on the House floor Tuesday night while criticizing Republican health care proposals.

Click here to watch the video.

Republicans are likening Grayson's remark to Wilson's widely criticized shout of "You lie!" during President Obama's address to Congress earlier this month. They say Democrats should insist that Grayson apologize just as they did Wilson.

So far, Grayson has refused to apologize.

Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, who heads the party's conservative Republican Study Committee, was planning to introduce a "resolution of disapproval" over Grayson's behavior that mirrors one Democrats approved against Wilson. Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Republican leader John Boehner, said Boehner supports the resolution.

GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment - Political News - FOXNews.com

Grayson is your typical DUMBASS

God you guys are dumb.

Even if a half dozen Republicans didn't talk about pulling the plug on Grandma and death panels, even the birther crap and hoping for the president's Waterloo, still, Grayson didn't do anything wrong. He followed the rules. He didn't try to stop anyone's lawful free speech.

Worse,

When he said more than 44,000 Americans died last year because they didn't have health care, a hundred and twenty every single day, Republicans don't care. Where are Republicans standing up and saying, "We care about this country"?

Instead,

They talk about seceding from the union. They talk about murdering the president of the United States. The say they hope the President Fails. Republicans had the last eight years to fix health care. They did nothing. They ruined the economy. They sent out soldiers off to war in old and rusty equipment. They let the injured come back to moldy and dirty hospitals.

Republicans need to Shut the F*ck up. They have cause enough damage. They are anti American. They hate this country.

Taking a page from Democrats who disciplined Rep. Joe "You Lie" Wilson earlier this month, Republicans are seeking their own pound of flesh from a Democratic congressman who said Tuesday that the GOP wants Americans to "die quickly" if they get sick.

Rep. Alan Grayson,a first-term Democrat known for being provocative, refuses to apologize for the comments he made on the House floor Tuesday night while criticizing Republican health care proposals.

Republicans are likening Grayson's remark to Wilson's widely criticized shout of "You lie!" during President Obama's address to Congress earlier this month. They say Democrats should insist that Grayson apologize just as they did Wilson.

Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, who heads the party's conservative Republican Study Committee, was planning to introduce a "resolution of disapproval" over Grayson's behavior that mirrors one Democrats approved against Wilson. Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Republican leader John Boehner, said Boehner supports the resolution.

GOP Seeks to Punish Democratic Lawmaker for 'Die Quickly' Comment - Political News - FOXNews.com

God you guys are dumb.

Even if a half dozen Republicans didn't talk about pulling the plug on Grandma and death panels, even the birther crap and hoping for the president's Waterloo, still, Grayson didn't do anything wrong. He followed the rules. He didn't try to stop anyone's lawful free speech.

Worse,

When he said more than 44,000 Americans died last year because they didn't have health care, a hundred and twenty every single day, Republicans don't care. Where are Republicans standing up and saying, "We care about this country"?

Instead,

They talk about seceding from the union. They talk about murdering the president of the United States. The say they hope the President Fails. Republicans had the last eight years to fix health care. They did nothing. They ruined the economy. They sent out soldiers off to war in old and rusty equipment. They let the injured come back to moldy and dirty hospitals.

Republicans need to Shut the F*ck up. They have cause enough damage. They are anti American. They hate this country.
I don't think they hate this country. I think many (not all) have a perverted sense of what it is to be an American, and warped Christian values, but I don't think they hate this county.

I second that, they do nothing but whine and complain, the last eight years of complete and total incompetence demonstrate too clearly what they are about.

God you guys are dumb.

Worse,

Instead,

I don't think they hate this country. I think many (not all) have a perverted sense of what it is to be an American, and warped Christian values, but I don't think they hate this county.

Would you talk about seceding from a country you love? Hoping the president "fails"? This is love?

God the GOP is so boring these days. They need Rove back in the worst way. Their "shenanigans" have been demoted to "stunts" and are quickly on their way to further demotion to "parlor tricks".

Last edited:
God you guys are dumb.

Worse,

Instead,

Would you talk about seceding from a country you love? Hoping the president "fails"? This is love?
That falls under the "perverted sense of what it is to be an American" part.

I second that, they do nothing but whine and complain, the last eight years of complete and total incompetence demonstrate too clearly what they are about.

Actually I think it would be more prudent for the Dems to "Shut the fuck up" and pass whatever it is you're going to pass. Nobody's stopping you but yourselves, regardless of what the talking heads are telling you.

Actually I think it would be more prudent for the Dems to "Shut the fuck up" and pass whatever it is you're going to pass. Nobody's stopping you but yourselves, regardless of what the talking heads are telling you.

That's true. The best the GOP can do is piss and moan like a bunch of damned women.

Funny that, contrary to the talking points, the Democrats don't march in lock step when in control.

That's a nice change from the GOP, who did whatever the fuck W. wanted them to do.

I'll give it to you guys, you have much more party discipline, in the manner that your elected officials act like automatons.

No.

No.

There are specific rules about how one conducts oneself in the House and in the Senate. Wilson violated those rules.

If you wish to change the rules, see your representative. Otherwise, you have no call here. Republicans are guilty of the same kind of hateful rhetoric, and your side would hate it - hate it - if it were not permitted.

Goose. Your gander.

You totally missed my point. Both sides of this argument are acting like hypocrites and you can see it in their responses to this and to wilson.

No.

No.

Goose. Your gander.

You totally missed my point. Both sides of this argument are acting like hypocrites and you can see it in their responses to this and to wilson.
You see, I don't have a problem with highly charged rhetoric in congress, from both sides.
I think some of it is idiotic, but as long as they are adhering to the rules, let them say whatever the hell they want.

I watch C-Span a lot and have for many, many years. For some bizarre reason, I am intrigued watching Congress in session. I know this certifies me as a total geek and a minuscule minority, but I do find the procedures, the speeches, the back and forth - basically watching the sausage being made, as it is sometimes referred to, fun!
I like to hear it AS IT HAPPENS. I'm weird like that.

I am amazed on occasion to see how it is relayed on the news later, often looking nothing like what I watched transpire hours earlier. Lots of it never makes the news though, of course.

The point is, because of this, I have seen this kind of bullshit played out a lot, from both sides. There is no hypocrisy here from me, as it was in the rules. There does not have to be an apology, or punishment, from anyone - if they follow the rules. Let their asshattery speak for itself, voters will decide if it's acceptable.

Wilson did indeed break the rules, and that was the difference.

That's true. The best the GOP can do is piss and moan like a bunch of damned women.

Funny that, contrary to the talking points, the Democrats don't march in lock step when in control.

That's a nice change from the GOP, who did whatever the fuck W. wanted them to do.

I'll give it to you guys, you have much more party discipline, in the manner that your elected officials act like automatons.

Thats got nothing to do with the Dems crying about the Reps stopping HC reform. They can't stop it, that's really all there is to it.

You can cry about Booooosh all you want, but the fact remains he lost a number of us in his first term, and a bunch more for the Reps in the last election. That's why the Dems won the last election, because people DIDN'T march in lock step with them.

Forum List

Back