GOP Politics: Are Muslims a better target than Hispanics, gays or feminists?

Feminism has become a complete non-issue for the GOP. The issue is not only NOT debated within the GOP, but with the number of divorced and working mothers, to bring it up would be political suicide.

Gay marriage is becoming less and less of an issue. Especially since shows like Will and Grace, and Iraqi and Afghanistan war heroes and fewer are complaining about the fear of being "peeped" at in the shower.

Hispanics may not be the best target. They are 15% of the population and growing and share the Christian religion. This may not be a group to alienate, even though that is probably too late. Hispanics I know say they will not vote for the GOP in their lifetime. Some in Chicago even say they will NOT visit Arizona or Nevada, even though they have relatives there.

That leaves Muslims. Their religion, though still founded by Abraham, and even though they believe in Jesus and Mary and see the Bible as one of their "holy books", their numbers are tiny and they "look different" enough that they make good targets.

So, is this a good strategy for the GOP? Considering how well going after those other groups has worked in the past? Is it better to stick to the "tried and true" or branch out into targeting an "unknown" group?

As-long-as the U.S. Black-population is maintained, the GOP will NEVER run-out of someone to blame, for ALL "conservatives'" disappointments & short-comings!!!

well his two nuts have shown up....now it is complete....here is his Dick...​

The audience for Fox on the other hand is white and Christian and not bright enough to know they are watching propaganda from an Arab owned so called "news" network whose plan is to damage this country. So far, it's working perfectly.

the only thing destroying this Country Dean is people like you and your FAR Left idiot friends, and your cousins on the other side, the FAR Right idiots.....why dont you people go find a nice isolated island somewhere and fuck up your own lives...

Republicans by and large are hate mongers, ginning up fear because that has been their play book used for decades. At some point, I hope their ignorant base will wake up. They really don't have any brain trust within their party -- are recently anyway. Palin - wow, she's more stupid than stupid. Rush and Glenn - just hateful spiteful people making a buck off of hate. Ginrich, just trying to sell some books again on the back of hate peddling. Huckabee -- what a joke. So really, hate mongering is all they have. Sadly though, it seems to work for them.

been doing some recruiting i see ey Dean....your another Moron Phil....come out to California and see how those you think are so great use that "HATE Mongering" against those who are against Illegal Immigration...

Republicans by and large are hate mongers, ginning up fear because that has been their play book used for decades. At some point, I hope their ignorant base will wake up. They really don't have any brain trust within their party -- are recently anyway. Palin - wow, she's more stupid than stupid. Rush and Glenn - just hateful spiteful people making a buck off of hate. Ginrich, just trying to sell some books again on the back of hate peddling. Huckabee -- what a joke. So really, hate mongering is all they have. Sadly though, it seems to work for them.
Re spout baseless propaganda much?

The one thing that is quite evident... looks like we have a new troll on the board

You just proved the very point I made. Hate mongering -- you did my labeling me as a troll. Go open a book and read, learn, and return and have a civil discussion. Oh, probably too many words in that sentence for you. Sorry.
and what the fuck did you just do in your previous post dipshit?....

You just proved the very point I made. Hate mongering -- you did my labeling me as a troll. Go open a book and read, learn, and return and have a civil discussion. Oh, probably too many words in that sentence for you. Sorry.

do you realize that in your post you called palin stupid, rush and glenn hatemongers, and huckabee a joke. and you get all defensive when someone calls you a troll? a tad hypocritical, no?

I was stating the facts, you were just being mean spirited. There really is a difference but I suspect that you've been a overweight school yard bully all your life who understands very little due to your limited mental capacity. Name calling is about all you can contribute to a discussion.

yea..right...."im stating the facts....everyone else is just being mean".....you want a fucking tissue?....

Christianity doesn't conform to my standards. Jesus said he came here with his father's "sword". Hardly a statement of "peace".

Like I said, Muslims are only doing what many Christians in this country wish they could do here, but are stopped by our laws.

It's like Uganda. All these loving evangelicals go there and spread their message of lies and intolerance. The people of Uganda pass laws reflecting the Christian message coming from this country because Christians here have been spreading the same hate for decades without wholesale slaughter.

Now, all of a sudden, when their practice of hate is going to be put into law, they try to distance themselves. "Hey, when we told them gays were going to destroy their families and destroy their children, we didn't think they would take it literally".

Well they did. And because of those disgusting messages, many, if not most on the right would do the same here if given the chance. Just like in Uganda.

And that is the difference. Our laws protect us from the violence of the Christians, who would just as bad as the Muslims if given the chance. We are clued in by their rhetoric.

Very True.

PLEASE!... Go to the Kingdom and Live OUT there...

I want your Victimhood to be HONEST!... :rofl:

:)

peace...

I think it would be great if the right could stand up and say, "We haven't gone after Hispanics, gays, muslims, liberals, elitist college professors, the president, feminists and blacks. We only want what's best for the country.

But how can they? In the past two years, those strict constructionist Republicans have proposed 42 amendments to the constitution.

The Associated Press: SPIN METER: Constitution invoked often in GOP race

They don't "love" America. They want to turn it into a kind of "Christian Iran". How do we know? They tell us. I believe them.

care to back that up with some facts?

Easy...lets just take the recent statements from Newt Gingrich comparing Muslims to Nazis.

No outcry.

Imagine that being said about any other current minority today.

WHERE'S the outcry!?!???

On top of that, you have a large swath of people...mostly right-wing nodding in agreement, whether it be tepid or outright.

so that is the "fact" you use to back up the claim that "The average Republican News Network watcher is as dumb as a doornail. And gullible as all getup. Very easily led and misled. Willingly even"
Yes.

What's wrong? Is it that you're too slow and dense to comprehend? Or are you going to try to say that I'm stating untruths?

Which one?

I think it would be great if the right could stand up and say, "We haven't gone after Hispanics, gays, muslims, liberals, elitist college professors, the president, feminists and blacks. We only want what's best for the country.

But how can they? In the past two years, those strict constructionist Republicans have proposed 42 amendments to the constitution.

The Associated Press: SPIN METER: Constitution invoked often in GOP race

They don't "love" America. They want to turn it into a kind of "Christian Iran". How do we know? They tell us. I believe them.

and you want an America as seen through the eyes of the EXTREAME liberal like yourself.....which is just as fucked.....only at the opposite end of the spectrum....your just as destructive Dean.....and you hate anyone who doesnt see it your way.....not much of a difference.....

What's wrong? Is it that you're too slow and dense to comprehend? Or are you going to try to say that I'm stating untruths?

Which one?

your just as dense Marc.....my proof.....you would never say anything bad about the left.....they cant do no wrong in your world......and please dont tell me you do say they do wrong.....i have never seen you ever even criticize someone on the left....your just like Dean.....everything to my right has to be bad.....some demented Right Winger says something...EVERYONE to the right of me must be like that.....no difference in degrees of Conservatism....one size fits all.....

Your OP is based on the false premise that we, as Republicans, want to attack any specific group. That is blatantly false.

What we do is stand for Constitutional principles and individual liberties. We aren't focused on group think. We don't strip people of their individual value and worth.

The reason people suffer so much is because you don't really care about people, you care about groups and your power over them.

Oh, brother!!!

I know, you don't really like discussions about ideas. But get used to it.

I like them fine and that's what I used to try to do. That's not what you and your fellow right wing idiots wanted to do. And you still don't. So please don't even try to act like you wouldn't say shit if you had a mouthful, okay?? Your post offers not one idea. It's a rant about how wonderful Republicans are and how awful everybody else is.

Republicans are the ones that couldn't care less about people. It is more important to all of you to bring down Obama, just like that was the most important thing when Clinton was president. The Republicans, conservatives, bagheads, neo-cons, or whatever you are calling yourselves today, are a selfish, miserable bunch. You all hate the left more than you will ever love this country. And that's the truth.

Your OP is based on the false premise that we, as Republicans, want to attack any specific group. That is blatantly false.

What we do is stand for Constitutional principles and individual liberties. We aren't focused on group think. We don't strip people of their individual value and worth.

The reason people suffer so much is because you don't really care about people, you care about groups and your power over them.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh, brother!!!

I like them fine and that's what I used to try to do. That's not what you and your fellow right wing idiots wanted to do. And you still don't. So please don't even try to act like you wouldn't say shit if you had a mouthful, okay?? Your post offers not one idea. It's a rant about how wonderful Republicans are and how awful everybody else is.

Republicans are the ones that couldn't care less about people. It is more important to all of you to bring down Obama, just like that was the most important thing when Clinton was president. The Republicans, conservatives, bagheads, neo-cons, or whatever you are calling yourselves today, are a selfish, miserable bunch. You all hate the left more than you will ever love this country. And that's the truth.

The hypocrisy from you is just glorious to behold. You whine about others 'ranting' and fail to see your own 'rant'. You lump 'Republican' together as instructed by your borg leadership. You're a fat assed drooling idiot. The 'hate' is from you, ya fat assed bitch, not from Avatar. In fact, anyone with an IQ over 5 would recognize Avatar as one of the most polite posters on the board.

The hypocrisy from you is just glorious to behold. You whine about others 'ranting' and fail to see your own 'rant'. You lump 'Republican' together as instructed by your borg leadership. You're a fat assed drooling idiot. The 'hate' is from you, ya fat assed bitch, not from Avatar. In fact, anyone with an IQ over 5 would recognize Avatar as one of the most polite posters on the board.

You're making a total fool of yourself, yet again. If you are so miserable and unhappy, why don't you get some help. People do not talk the way you do, where everybody can see, unless they are really unbalanced.

Funny.. if the likes of CG actually needed help, one thing she has over you is she would expect to pay for it herself, and not expecting government, society, or someone else to take care of her needs... you racist hyper-partisan twatsicle

thats true of many Right Wingers Rinata....but then Far Left Wingers like Dean and some of his followers hate the right more than they will ever love this Country....and thats the truth about them.....and not ALL Republicans Rinata fit in your category....i work with a few Democrats who are pretty dam selfish,its all about them and one guy i know,fairly big Liberal....is considered by ALL of his Co-workers as being one miserable bastard.....

Dem politics:

Are Christians and Jews better targets than the enemies of the U.S. (aka, TERRORISTS)?

Which one?

your just as dense Marc.....my proof.....you would never say anything bad about the left.....they cant do no wrong in your world......and please dont tell me you do say they do wrong.....i have never seen you ever even criticize someone on the left....your just like Dean.....everything to my right has to be bad.....some demented Right Winger says something...EVERYONE to the right of me must be like that.....no difference in degrees of Conservatism....one size fits all.....

Please don't LIE on me Harry. PLEASE!

I HAVE, in fact, criticized people on the left.

Bring up any number of things you may think legitimately deserves criticism and I'll weigh in on it.

Maybe YOU have not NOTICED me criticizing the left..but please don't say I DON'T...that's a straight up lie.

I don't appreciate it.

Forum List

Back