GOP Politics: Are Muslims a better target than Hispanics, gays or feminists?

Feminism has become a complete non-issue for the GOP. The issue is not only NOT debated within the GOP, but with the number of divorced and working mothers, to bring it up would be political suicide.

Gay marriage is becoming less and less of an issue. Especially since shows like Will and Grace, and Iraqi and Afghanistan war heroes and fewer are complaining about the fear of being "peeped" at in the shower.

Hispanics may not be the best target. They are 15% of the population and growing and share the Christian religion. This may not be a group to alienate, even though that is probably too late. Hispanics I know say they will not vote for the GOP in their lifetime. Some in Chicago even say they will NOT visit Arizona or Nevada, even though they have relatives there.

That leaves Muslims. Their religion, though still founded by Abraham, and even though they believe in Jesus and Mary and see the Bible as one of their "holy books", their numbers are tiny and they "look different" enough that they make good targets.

So, is this a good strategy for the GOP? Considering how well going after those other groups has worked in the past? Is it better to stick to the "tried and true" or branch out into targeting an "unknown" group?

As-long-as the U.S. Black-population is maintained, the GOP will NEVER run-out of someone to blame, for ALL "conservatives'" disappointments & short-comings!!!

crying_in_the_corner.jpg

yeah... because all conservatives and republicans are racist :rolleyes:

crawl back under your rock, troll

Both sides seem to have this "divide and conquer" attitude however the GOP has really ramped things up these past few years and fear seems to be the main calling card.

Shocker... JR is Leaning to the Left again on an Issue that's Debatable... :clap2:

:)

peace...

How is that post left or for that matter ,right leaning but your posts is a prime example of "divide and conquer" by attacking the person instead of not discussing what I stated was right or wrong.

We can't focus on things like fiscal responsibility, noooo, not when a Mosque is being built on private property two blocks from Ground Zero or come together against more government intrusion without so many screaming " th queers are comin, th queers are coming, run for your lives"!!!!

Last edited:
Feminism has become a complete non-issue for the GOP. The issue is not only NOT debated within the GOP, but with the number of divorced and working mothers, to bring it up would be political suicide.

Gay marriage is becoming less and less of an issue. Especially since shows like Will and Grace, and Iraqi and Afghanistan war heroes and fewer are complaining about the fear of being "peeped" at in the shower.

Hispanics may not be the best target. They are 15% of the population and growing and share the Christian religion. This may not be a group to alienate, even though that is probably too late. Hispanics I know say they will not vote for the GOP in their lifetime. Some in Chicago even say they will NOT visit Arizona or Nevada, even though they have relatives there.

That leaves Muslims. Their religion, though still founded by Abraham, and even though they believe in Jesus and Mary and see the Bible as one of their "holy books", their numbers are tiny and they "look different" enough that they make good targets.

So, is this a good strategy for the GOP? Considering how well going after those other groups has worked in the past? Is it better to stick to the "tried and true" or branch out into targeting an "unknown" group?

As-long-as the U.S. Black-population is maintained, the GOP will NEVER run-out of someone to blame, for ALL "conservatives'" disappointments & short-comings!!!

crying_in_the_corner.jpg

yeah... because all conservatives and republicans are racist :rolleyes:
Hey....you said it; I didn't.

:rolleyes:

Well something's not working over there at fair and balanced MSNBC. Their audience just keeps shrinking.

Sponge Bob Square Pants blasts Fox 5 to 1 or more.

Because Spanish, Asian, Muslim, Indian and all the other stations are growing, MSNBC, naturally is shrinking. Because the left is diverse.

The audience for Fox on the other hand is white and Christian and not bright enough to know they are watching propaganda from an Arab owned so called "news" network whose plan is to damage this country. So far, it's working perfectly.

Some sects of islam still have a ways to go before they conform to your liberal standards RDEAN.

Homosexuality and Islam - ReligionFacts
Women's Rights and the Sharia
Honor killing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christianity doesn't conform to my standards. Jesus said he came here with his father's "sword". Hardly a statement of "peace".

Like I said, Muslims are only doing what many Christians in this country wish they could do here, but are stopped by our laws.

It's like Uganda. All these loving evangelicals go there and spread their message of lies and intolerance. The people of Uganda pass laws reflecting the Christian message coming from this country because Christians here have been spreading the same hate for decades without wholesale slaughter.

Now, all of a sudden, when their practice of hate is going to be put into law, they try to distance themselves. "Hey, when we told them gays were going to destroy their families and destroy their children, we didn't think they would take it literally".

Well they did. And because of those disgusting messages, many, if not most on the right would do the same here if given the chance. Just like in Uganda.

And that is the difference. Our laws protect us from the violence of the Christians, who would just as bad as the Muslims if given the chance. We are clued in by their rhetoric.

Some sects of islam still have a ways to go before they conform to your liberal standards RDEAN.

Christianity doesn't conform to my standards. Jesus said he came here with his father's "sword". Hardly a statement of "peace".

Like I said, Muslims are only doing what many Christians in this country wish they could do here, but are stopped by our laws.

It's like Uganda. All these loving evangelicals go there and spread their message of lies and intolerance. The people of Uganda pass laws reflecting the Christian message coming from this country because Christians here have been spreading the same hate for decades without wholesale slaughter.

Now, all of a sudden, when their practice of hate is going to be put into law, they try to distance themselves. "Hey, when we told them gays were going to destroy their families and destroy their children, we didn't think they would take it literally".

Well they did. And because of those disgusting messages, many, if not most on the right would do the same here if given the chance. Just like in Uganda.

And that is the difference. Our laws protect us from the violence of the Christians, who would just as bad as the Muslims if given the chance. We are clued in by their rhetoric.

Very True.

I think we can agree that no one hates more than Rdean.

I imagine he looks worse than this as he types

"Republicanssssssssssssssssss We hatesssssssss them, my precious! BoooooshhhHH!!!!!!

GollumAarrrgh.jpg

As you can see by whats going on, and has been going on especially since 9-11...Muslims are a great target for Cons.

It works.

The average Republican News Network watcher is as dumb as a doornail. And gullible as all getup. Very easily led and misled. Willingly even.

care to back that up with some facts?

Republicans by and large are hate mongers, ginning up fear because that has been their play book used for decades. At some point, I hope their ignorant base will wake up. They really don't have any brain trust within their party -- are recently anyway. Palin - wow, she's more stupid than stupid. Rush and Glenn - just hateful spiteful people making a buck off of hate. Ginrich, just trying to sell some books again on the back of hate peddling. Huckabee -- what a joke. So really, hate mongering is all they have. Sadly though, it seems to work for them.

Republicans by and large are hate mongers, ginning up fear because that has been their play book used for decades. At some point, I hope their ignorant base will wake up. They really don't have any brain trust within their party -- are recently anyway. Palin - wow, she's more stupid than stupid. Rush and Glenn - just hateful spiteful people making a buck off of hate. Ginrich, just trying to sell some books again on the back of hate peddling. Huckabee -- what a joke. So really, hate mongering is all they have. Sadly though, it seems to work for them.
Re spout baseless propaganda much?

The one thing that is quite evident... looks like we have a new troll on the board

You're not a real Marine, are you?

The one thing that is quite evident... looks like we have a new troll on the board

You just proved the very point I made. Hate mongering -- you did my labeling me as a troll. Go open a book and read, learn, and return and have a civil discussion. Oh, probably too many words in that sentence for you. Sorry.

You just proved the very point I made. Hate mongering -- you did my labeling me as a troll. Go open a book and read, learn, and return and have a civil discussion. Oh, probably too many words in that sentence for you. Sorry.

Labeling as a result of the evidence of your actual posts and words.. I.E. the example of you posting baseless propaganda and unsupported statements....

epic fail, troll

do you realize that in your post you called palin stupid, rush and glenn hatemongers, and huckabee a joke. and you get all defensive when someone calls you a troll? a tad hypocritical, no?

do you realize that in your post you called palin stupid, rush and glenn hatemongers, and huckabee a joke. and you get all defensive when someone calls you a troll? a tad hypocritical, no?

I was stating the facts, you were just being mean spirited. There really is a difference but I suspect that you've been a overweight school yard bully all your life who understands very little due to your limited mental capacity. Name calling is about all you can contribute to a discussion.

I was stating the facts, you were just being mean spirited. There really is a difference but I suspect that you've been a overweight school yard bully all your life who understands very little due to your limited mental capacity. Name calling is about all you can contribute to a discussion.

Seems like you have much to learn about what is fact and what is your opinion or feeling

Baseless propaganda statements, unsubstantiated claims, and regurgitated headlines from contributors such as huffy-puffy are not fact

Forum List

Back