GOP Hopeful, Rand Paul, compares the right to health care to slavery...

Rand Paul was born about 200 years too late to be the pro-slavery states rightser he surely would have been back then.

I know you graduated from a government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party....so you don't understand history, the truth or reality......but how is Rand Paul being against the government setting doctors wages being pro fucking slavery.....do you even think before you post....

Oh...I get it....you think you just have to say Ramd Paul is pro slavery....then your lefty nitwit fellow travelers will take up that point up and repeat it like trained seals and then the democrats in the main stream press will push the idea and wherever he goes they will ask him..." Senator Paul...why do you support slavery" and then your smear job will be complete....

You leftists,are vile and disgusting human beings....

It is logical to speculate that Rand Paul would have been a states right champion from Kentucky in the 1800's,

which makes it therefore logical to speculate that he would have supported his state's right to keep slavery legal.

It's "logicial" only in your twisted mind.

So you really think Rand Paul would have been with Abraham Lincoln fighting against states rights?

lol
I think you would have been with Stalin fighting against states rights.

He is 100% correct. You have no "right" to healthcare.

You are correct that we do not, but that does not mean that we should not. Of course, this is the reason so many other countries have passed us by and why the US is no longer the greatest country in the world, because we have stopped caring about everyday people. Sure, the US still gives more people the best opportunity to make something of themselves from nothing, but that is actually quite rare in comparison to the average person who just wants to live their life, go to work, raise a family, and know that they won't find themselves out on the street should something bad happen to them.

Wrong...substandard government healthcare that is healthcare in name only is what the democrats are creating....they don't care about healing people, they care about controlling healthcare and the money needed to fund it. Taking care of those without healthcare does not require the federal government to mangage it...we could easily give uninsured or hard to insur vouchers to buy coverage....but then...the democrats and their minions in the federal bueacracy wouldn't have control over them....

So who is going to give the uninsured or hard to insure these vouchers that you speak of?

If push comes to shove we the taxpayers could foot the bill, because I am someone who can get along with racist democrats to help the poor, and it is much better than having the government in direct control of healthcare.......a better idea would be for private organizations to do it.....because once the government does it....prices will go up...just like college tuition..since college loans are controlled by the government, college tuition has gone through the roof resulting in the next bubble to hit people.....

When a guy like Rand Paul is still clinging to the legitimacy of Jim Crow principles in the 21st century,

it's hardly a leap to transport that mindset back 200 years and see it supporting slavery.

Jim Crow is government enforced segregation, so all you proved is that you're an ignorant asshole.

Democrats created jim crow...until the realized they could control people and get them to vote democrat with government hand outs

Rand Paul has assured his status as "also ran" in the GOP race for nomination. There is nothing the Democrats would like more than if the GOP nominated Rand Paul or, as someone preferred earlier on this board, Teddy Cruz. They are the "certified" loons of the Republican Party. I hope the GOP has better sense than to make one of these crazies its 2016 nominee, but if they do, then they will get what they asked for. They will be smashed by ANYONE the Dems put up....

You people are truly pathetic to even think otherwise....

Rand Paul has assured his status as "also ran" in the GOP race for nomination. There is nothing the Democrats would like more than if the GOP nominated Rand Paul or, as someone preferred earlier on this board, Teddy Cruz. They are the "certified" loons of the Republican Party. I hope the GOP has better sense than to make one of these crazies its 2016 nominee, but if they do, then they will get what they asked for. They will be smashed by ANYONE the Dems put up....

Do you nutters simply repeat what the press and the lefty nuts say about the Republicans...because you obviously don't listen to the candidates on our side....

To compare the "right to healthcare" to slavery is beyond the pale. Paul evidently does not understand what slavery was in the south. His statement is both ignorant and insulting to anyone who genuinely believes slavery was a travesty in the history of this country.

His statement has proven he is not worthy of being considered a true contender for the White House.
You understand that slavery existed all over the world not just the South, right?
If you force someone to work for free against their will you have enslaved them. Is that difficult for you understand?

Not only that but forcing them to work for wages that they don't agree to is also slavery...and that is what government controlled healthcare becomes....
How long before children will be told by their parents to do poorly on state tests so they don't coerce above average IQ people into becoming doctors when no one no longer wishes to be a doctor due to low pay?

Jeb Bush isn't getting the nomination.

Deal with it.

How is he wrong? A "right" is something you have that cannot be abridged. It is not something you can force others to provide for you. You have the right, for example, to free political speech. That means you can say whatever you want to about a politician. You don't, though, have the right to force your neighbor to pay for commercial time so you can say those things on TV. You can have the "right" to healthcare to the extent that no one can legally prevent you from accessing it, but forcing your neighbor to pay for your health insurance is not a right. Forcing one person to work for another person is.....

If a person doesn't have access to health care they can die. A person has the right to live.

If you disagree then all yours and conservatives screaming about abortion and right to life is just the lie I've believed it is for many decades.
If a person doesnt have food he'll die. Is there a right to food? If a person doesnt have clothing he'll die. Is there a right to clothing?
Logical fallacies are all the Left has.

Cradle to grave. And this is how they promote it!

Jeb Bush isn't getting the nomination.

Deal with it.

Glad you feel that way, since he is the only one in the GOP field with a chance to win in the General. Keep that opinion....please.

Eh just point and laugh at him like most people do as the GOP continues its march to obscurity.
I don't think you understand the concept of obscurity.

The GOP just put a second coat of shellack on the Democrats in the National Mid-terms, and recaptured the Senate.

The GOP owns 66 of 99 State Legislatures and currently has 31 of 50 State Governorships.

If that is what you mean by obscurity, by all means, they need to do even more of it.

Eh just point and laugh at him like most people do as the GOP continues its march to obscurity.

The GOP just put a second coat of shellack on the Democrats in the National Mid-terms, and recaptured the Senate.

The GOP owns 66 of 99 State Legislatures and currently has 31 of 50 State Governorships.

If that is what you mean by obscurity, by all means, they need to do even more of it.
In an off election year. Get back to me come November 2016...when people actually give a crap and go vote in force oh and there will ALWAYS be red and blue states...no matter if both parties die off there will remain red and blue states.

In an off election year. Get back to me come November 2016...when people actually give a crap and go vote in force oh and there will ALWAYS be red and blue states...no matter if both parties die off there will remain red and blue states.
And not too bright either. The House is up EVERY two years, and every two years the Senate has seats up for vote. State Legislatures and State Governorships are where real social policy is enacted in this country, and the GOP is kicking the living shit out of the Democrats in both.

As for 2016.....We'll see won't we.......I wouldn't count your cankle before its shoe'd if I were you.

And not too bright either. The House is up EVERY two years, and every two years the Senate has seats up for vote. State Legislatures and State Governorships are where real social policy is enacted in this country, and the GOP is kicking the living shit out of the Democrats in both.

As for 2016.....We'll see won't we.......I wouldn't count your cankle before its shoe'd if I were you.
Actually governors aren't doing JACK as far as I can tell....2014 was an off year election aka less turnout....2016 is gonna be a sweep for democrats...I am an independent on top of the fact I find democracy a joke but that's how I see it.

Actually governors aren't doing JACK as far as I can tell....2014 was an off year election aka less turnout....2016 is gonna be a sweep for democrats...I am an independent on top of the fact I find democracy a joke but that's how I see it.
Well, even for a leftist, this excuse making is pretty lame.

You go ahead with that 'sweep' thing and let Me know how it works out.

Oh, btw...I guess its a good thing we're not a democracy. Otherwise, you'd have to disapprove strongly I guess.

Well, even for a leftist, this excuse making is pretty lame.

You go ahead with that 'sweep' thing and let Me know how it works out.

Oh, btw...I guess its a good thing we're not a democracy. Otherwise, you'd have to disapprove strongly I guess.
Still under that illusion of being a "republic" are we....they make meds for that ya know....or just common sense would work. What was INTENDED and what we ARE is 2 different things....its more of a oligarchy with the illusion of democratic rule.

He is 100% correct. You have no "right" to healthcare.

You are correct that we do not, but that does not mean that we should not. Of course, this is the reason so many other countries have passed us by and why the US is no longer the greatest country in the world, because we have stopped caring about everyday people. Sure, the US still gives more people the best opportunity to make something of themselves from nothing, but that is actually quite rare in comparison to the average person who just wants to live their life, go to work, raise a family, and know that they won't find themselves out on the street should something bad happen to them.

Wrong...substandard government healthcare that is healthcare in name only is what the democrats are creating....they don't care about healing people, they care about controlling healthcare and the money needed to fund it. Taking care of those without healthcare does not require the federal government to mangage it...we could easily give uninsured or hard to insur vouchers to buy coverage....but then...the democrats and their minions in the federal bueacracy wouldn't have control over them....

So who is going to give the uninsured or hard to insure these vouchers that you speak of?

If push comes to shove we the taxpayers could foot the bill, because I am someone who can get along with racist democrats to help the poor, and it is much better than having the government in direct control of healthcare.......a better idea would be for private organizations to do it.....because once the government does it....prices will go up...just like college tuition..since college loans are controlled by the government, college tuition has gone through the roof resulting in the next bubble to hit people.....

Assumes facts not in evidence!

To compare the "right to healthcare" to slavery is beyond the pale. Paul evidently does not understand what slavery was in the south. His statement is both ignorant and insulting to anyone who genuinely believes slavery was a travesty in the history of this country.

His statement has proven he is not worthy of being considered a true contender for the White House.
You understand that slavery existed all over the world not just the South, right?
If you force someone to work for free against their will you have enslaved them. Is that difficult for you understand?

Not only that but forcing them to work for wages that they don't agree to is also slavery...and that is what government controlled healthcare becomes....
How long before children will be told by their parents to do poorly on state tests so they don't coerce above average IQ people into becoming doctors when no one no longer wishes to be a doctor due to low pay?

Why do the extremist rightwingers erroneously assume that people only become doctors for the pay?

There are way quicker and easier ways to earn high incomes rather than spending 10 years of your life studying while racking up 6 figures in college loan debt.

Forum List

Back