GOP Hopeful, Rand Paul, compares the right to health care to slavery...

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Rand Paul Right to health care is slavery - Kate Nocera - POLITICO.com

“With regard to the idea whether or not you have a right to health care you have to realize what that implies. I am a physician. You have a right to come to my house and conscript me. It means you believe in slavery. You are going to enslave not only me but the janitor at my hospital, the person who cleans my office, the assistants, the nurses. … You are basically saying you believe in slavery,” said Paul (R-Ky.), who is an ophthalmologist.

Good grief! Is this guy the best the GOP can find? :ack-1:

How is he wrong? A "right" is something you have that cannot be abridged. It is not something you can force others to provide for you. You have the right, for example, to free political speech. That means you can say whatever you want to about a politician. You don't, though, have the right to force your neighbor to pay for commercial time so you can say those things on TV. You can have the "right" to healthcare to the extent that no one can legally prevent you from accessing it, but forcing your neighbor to pay for your health insurance is not a right. Forcing one person to work for another person is.....

When you demand people work for you but refuse to pay the salary they deserve...isn't that theft of their labor? I know.....you lefties don't get that...if someone has a skill you want and you can get the press to demonized them and then you can get the government to force them to provide that skill for free...that is what you call "Social Justice"

Rand Paul was born about 200 years too late to be the pro-slavery states rightser he surely would have been back then.

I know you graduated from a government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party....so you don't understand history, the truth or reality......but how is Rand Paul being against the government setting doctors wages being pro fucking slavery.....do you even think before you post....

Oh...I get it....you think you just have to say Ramd Paul is pro slavery....then your lefty nitwit fellow travelers will take up that point up and repeat it like trained seals and then the democrats in the main stream press will push the idea and wherever he goes they will ask him..." Senator Paul...why do you support slavery" and then your smear job will be complete....

You leftists,are vile and disgusting human beings....

Rand Paul was born about 200 years too late to be the pro-slavery states rightser he surely would have been back then.
Pro-slavery states' rights... Like the state right to refuse to enforce the Fugitive Slave Act, which is what many northern states did?

You have a right to contract with others who are willing to provide health care for yourself, but you do not have a right to health care. For once, Rand Paul is exactly right.

I know you graduated from a government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party....so you don't understand history, the truth or reality......but how is Rand Paul being against the government setting doctors wages being pro fucking slavery.....do you even think before you post....

Oh...I get it....you think you just have to say Ramd Paul is pro slavery....then your lefty nitwit fellow travelers will take up that point up and repeat it like trained seals and then the democrats in the main stream press will push the idea and wherever he goes they will ask him..." Senator Paul...why do you support slavery" and then your smear job will be complete....

It is logical to speculate that Rand Paul would have been a states right champion from Kentucky in the 1800's,

which makes it therefore logical to speculate that he would have supported his state's right to keep slavery legal.

To compare the "right to healthcare" to slavery is beyond the pale. Paul evidently does not understand what slavery was in the south. His statement is both ignorant and insulting to anyone who genuinely believes slavery was a travesty in the history of this country.

His statement has proven he is not worthy of being considered a true contender for the White House.

It is logical to speculate that Rand Paul would have been a states right champion from Kentucky in the 1800's,

which makes it therefore logical to speculate that he would have supported his state's right to keep slavery legal.

No, Rand Paul is a libertarian.....he believes in freedom of the individual....unlike you lefties, so he would have been against slavery...and against slavery in the United States.......do some thinking.....

To compare the "right to healthcare" to slavery is beyond the pale. Paul evidently does not understand what slavery was in the south. His statement is both ignorant and insulting to anyone who genuinely believes slavery was a travesty in the history of this country.

His statement has proven he is not worthy of being considered a true contender for the White House.

His statement shows he fully understands freedom...you leftists do not......and he scars you leftists,because younger people like his views in individual liberty...so you really need to destroy him......

You understand that slavery existed all over the world not just the South, right?
If you force someone to work for free against their will you have enslaved them. Is that difficult for you understand?

You understand that slavery existed all over the world not just the South, right?
If you force someone to work for free against their will you have enslaved them. Is that difficult for you understand?

Not only that but forcing them to work for wages that they don't agree to is also slavery...and that is what government controlled healthcare becomes....

No, Rand Paul is a libertarian.....he believes in freedom of the individual....unlike you lefties, so he would have been against slavery...and against slavery in the United States.......do some thinking.....

He supports business discrimination by race. He wants states to have the right to take away abortion rights. He wants states to have the right to ban same sex marriage.

He is far from believing in freedom for the individual.

Rand Paul Right to health care is slavery - Kate Nocera - POLITICO.com

“With regard to the idea whether or not you have a right to health care you have to realize what that implies. I am a physician. You have a right to come to my house and conscript me. It means you believe in slavery. You are going to enslave not only me but the janitor at my hospital, the person who cleans my office, the assistants, the nurses. … You are basically saying you believe in slavery,” said Paul (R-Ky.), who is an ophthalmologist.

Good grief! Is this guy the best the GOP can find? :ack-1:
Paul was never paid for his services?

Forum List

Back