GOP Has Enough State Houses to Call a Convention of the States

You have due process in the Bill of Rights. 14th Amendment was added by a bunch of Radical Republican kooks who did it for purely political reasons. Citizenship clause is misguided as well.

Really? Show me. this should be a fun learning experience... funny I've been studying law the last couple of years in my Criminal Justice program, and it always says that the 14th Amendment is what extends Federal law to the states. I'd like to see you prove them all wrong.
14th...according to Gideon v. Wainright 1964 applied "The Bill of Rights" to the states. Supremacy Clause applies federal law to the states when they are signed by the POTUS. Education enough for you?

Whatever you want to believe... I'll let you continue with your ignorance. The 14th Amendment was established specifically to make sure the 13th Amendment was followed by the states, and was later interpreted to mean it covered ALL the Amendments including the Bill of Rights.
Ohhhhh...was interpreted. I see. So where does the 14th say, "and all other amendments?" 13th ended slavery, period, on its own. 14th is superfluous.

What is so superflous about an Amendment that states that Federal laws trump state laws and that states have to follow the U.S. Constitution before their own laws and can't create new laws that contradict Federal ones? It's pretty simple... it makes it so that the Constitution is king... so why do you want to get rid of that? You want to allow racism in government? You wanna bring slavery back? You want to get rid of gay rights? So it's a bad idea to think of getting rid of the Electoral College, but getting rid of an Amendment that gives the Federal government power and gives people Due Process and Equal rights is wrong? Gotcha. Cool story bro.
So the 14th applied WHOLE Constituon to the states. Why was 2nd only incorporated in 2010?
The Second Amendment, Incorporated | The American Spectator

Liberals are so insane they think that in 2016 we STILL need EXPLICIT Amendments against slavery and a women's right to vote.
What a bunch of paranoid whackos.

Well hell yeah we do. I'm not going to just take your word for it that you are going to treat everyone equal. You're absolutely fucking insane if you think that. And I'm not a Liberal.
And you think that WORDS on a sheet of paper prevent psychos from walking into a shopping mall and mowing them down with a machine gun.
These Amendments are remnants of a past long gone.
We might as well have Amendments preventing the Roman Catholic Church from burning books outside of The Canon.

The Fourteenth Amendment needs to go. It serves no purpose and has been abused and has no semblance to its intent. The incorporation doctrine was created in the twentieth century. Each state has a more comprehensive set of rights in their constitutions than the Bill of Rights or the Fourteenth Amendment.

A convention of the states will be impotent unless other issues are addressed. The federal courts need to be restricted to the jurisdiction in Article III. That article needs to have the language updated so it cannot be abused again. The intent of the commerce clause needs to be amended to reflect its intent. And the original language of the Ninth Amendment needs to be out back. This would eliminate 90% of our problems and eliminate 90% of what is dividing this country by re-establishing the proper balance of federalism.

You have due process in the Bill of Rights. 14th Amendment was added by a bunch of Radical Republican kooks who did it for purely political reasons. Citizenship clause is misguided as well.

Really? Show me. this should be a fun learning experience... funny I've been studying law the last couple of years in my Criminal Justice program, and it always says that the 14th Amendment is what extends Federal law to the states. I'd like to see you prove them all wrong.
14th...according to Gideon v. Wainright 1964 applied "The Bill of Rights" to the states. Supremacy Clause applies federal law to the states when they are signed by the POTUS. Education enough for you?

Whatever you want to believe... I'll let you continue with your ignorance. The 14th Amendment was established specifically to make sure the 13th Amendment was followed by the states, and was later interpreted to mean it covered ALL the Amendments including the Bill of Rights.
Ohhhhh...was interpreted. I see. So where does the 14th say, "and all other amendments?" 13th ended slavery, period, on its own. 14th is superfluous.

What is so superflous about an Amendment that states that Federal laws trump state laws and that states have to follow the U.S. Constitution before their own laws and can't create new laws that contradict Federal ones? It's pretty simple... it makes it so that the Constitution is king... so why do you want to get rid of that? You want to allow racism in government? You wanna bring slavery back? You want to get rid of gay rights? So it's a bad idea to think of getting rid of the Electoral College, but getting rid of an Amendment that gives the Federal government power and gives people Due Process and Equal rights is wrong? Gotcha. Cool story bro.
Supremacy Clause was part of original Constitution. Article 5 Section 8. Gay marriage ruling was the wrong ruling. Marraige should be strictly a state issue. Gayness is not a civil rights issue.

So the 14th applied WHOLE Constituon to the states. Why was 2nd only incorporated in 2010?

Uh, because the Constitution is a "living thing?" Because that is what the Supreme Courts job is? When a question about a law and the Constitution comes up they have to interpret it and make a ruling? I got an idea, how about you take a civics course, or a Constitutional Law course instead of using Google?

Supremacy Clause was part of original Constitution. Article 5 Section 8. Gay marriage ruling was the wrong ruling. Marraige should be strictly a state issue. Gayness is not a civil rights issue.

That's YOUR opinion. Maybe you should send Trump a copy of your resume with your law degree on it along with your experience as a judge. Then you can change the law how you see fit.

Woody Guthries was a Stalin loving piece of shit.

He did try to organize unions, yet that is not Stalinist..The motto, "labor conquers all", is probably communistic also to you misinformed types.....But it is the state motto of Okiehoma...

He joined military (Navy) WWII only because Germany invaded Russia. He was full bore communist shit bag.

Would it not have been better to join the USSR navy to prove how much of a communist he wasn't? He was a populist....Just like Trump is...

Uh, because the Constitution is a "living thing?" Because that is what the Supreme Courts job is? When a question about a law and the Constitution comes up they have to interpret it and make a ruling? I got an idea, how about you take a civics course, or a Constitutional Law course instead of using Google?
That is where you are wrong. Constituon is not a living breathing document. It is simply what it is. Oh, I should take a Constitutional law course...or Civics. Hmmmm funny...I'm looking at my wall...I have a Masters in PoliSci...guess what I do for a living?

He did try to organize unions, yet that is not Stalinist..The motto, "labor conquers all", is probably communistic also to you misinformed types.....But it is the state motto of Okiehoma...

He joined military (Navy) WWII only because Germany invaded Russia. He was full bore communist shit bag.

Would it not have been better to join the USSR navy to prove how much of a communist he wasn't? He was a populist....Just like Trump is...

He was no fucking populist.

Liberals are so insane they think that in 2016 we STILL need EXPLICIT Amendments against slavery and a women's right to vote.

Well hell yeah we do. I'm not going to just take your word for it that you are going to treat everyone equal. You're absolutely fucking insane if you think that. And I'm not a Liberal.
And you think that WORDS on a sheet of paper prevent psychos from walking into a shopping mall and mowing them down with a machine gun.
We might as well have Amendments preventing the Roman Catholic Church from burning books outside of The Canon.

No, really... you think I trust you to provide equal rights to me. my family, and friends? You can't treat people on an internet forum with equal respect, and you think I should trust you without laws to treat me and others with equal rights in real life?

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

He was an artist and artists hang out, get drunk, eat when others buy them food and have sex with empty headed, flat chested girls.

No, really... you think I trust you to provide equal rights to me. my family, and friends? You can't treat people on an internet forum with equal respect, and you think I should trust you without laws to treat me and others with equal rights in real life?

I don't treat you with respect because you're a nasty, disrespectful POS.

That is where you are wrong. Constituon is not a living breathing document. It is simply what it is. Oh, I should take a Constitutional law course...or Civics. Hmmmm funny...I'm looking at my wall...I have a Masters in PoliSci...guess what I do for a living?

Great! Send your resume to Trump then. Get the laws changed and get things done in Washington! Godspeed. Make sure you make it so the Federal government can go out and shoot to kill protesters too. You'd do a great job! I'm sure of it.

Great! Send your resume to Trump then. Get the laws changed and get things done in Washington! Godspeed. Make sure you make it so the Federal government can go out and shoot to kill protesters too. You'd do a great job! I'm sure of it.
Paranoid much?
You have a very low opinion of people.

I don't treat you with respect because you're a nasty, disrespectful POS.

You never give anyone respect... that is unless they agree with you. So basically you have about 3-4 people on this board you show respect to. Funny thing is, without the Constitution you could treat those that don't agree with you differently. That's EXACTLY why we need it.

Forum List

Back