GOP flier says virginians vote on two different days!

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
A phony State Board of Elections flier advising Republicans to vote on Nov. 4 and Democrats on Nov. 5 is being circulated in several Hampton Roads localities, according to state elections officials.

In fact, Election Day, for voters of all political stripes, remains Nov. 4.

The somewhat official-looking flier - it features the state board logo and the state seal - is dated Oct. 24 and indicates that "an emergency session of the General Assembly has adopted the follwing (sic) emergency regulations to ease the load on local electorial (sic) precincts and ensure a fair electorial process.
"

The four-paragraph flier concludes with: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but felt this was the only way to ensure fairness to the complete electorial process.
"

No emergency action has been taken by the General Assembly. It is not in session and lacks the authority to change the date of a federal election.

State Board of Election officials today said they are aware of the flier but disavowed any connection to it.

"It's not even on our letterhead; they just copied the logo from our Web site," said agency staffer Ryan Enright, noting the flier has been forwarded to State Police for investigation as a possible incident of voter intimidation.

full story here
MySpace

A phony State Board of Elections flier advising Republicans to vote on Nov. 4 and Democrats on Nov. 5 is being circulated in several Hampton Roads localities, according to state elections officials.

The somewhat official-looking flier - it features the state board logo and the state seal - is dated Oct. 24 and indicates that "an emergency session of the General Assembly has adopted the follwing (sic) emergency regulations to ease the load on local electorial (sic) precincts and ensure a fair electorial process.
"

The four-paragraph flier concludes with: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but felt this was the only way to ensure fairness to the complete electorial process.
"

No emergency action has been taken by the General Assembly. It is not in session and lacks the authority to change the date of a federal election.

State Board of Election officials today said they are aware of the flier but disavowed any connection to it.

"It's not even on our letterhead; they just copied the logo from our Web site," said agency staffer Ryan Enright, noting the flier has been forwarded to State Police for investigation as a possible incident of voter intimidation.

full story here
MySpace

Good. That improves mac's chances in Virginia.

Last edited:

"

full story here
MySpace

This should be illegal. It is our constitutional right to vote and whoever created these flyers is suppressing if not violating that right. This is a violation of the law and these people should be arrested. You CANNOT, CANNOT suppress people's right to vote. This is absolutely outrageous!

So indeed it is NOT a GOP flier.. but rather something put out by some weirdo or some weirdo group...

nice try though

Well of course it is, just like the racist bullshit put out there. It's a bunch of scared little peons that know Obama is ahead in the election. Any freak can make something like that on a computer, on both sides of the political spectrum.

The Republican Party would never stoop to tactics like this. They will just run on their platform and hope that's enough to win this election!

Good. That improves mac's chances in Virginia.

the fact that you actually feel that way is pretty pathetic. you don't care if McCain wins by cheating and stealing the election as long as he wins. That's why republicans SUCK!

the fact that you actually feel that way is pretty pathetic. you don't care if McCain wins by cheating and stealing the election as long as he wins. That's why republicans SUCK!

Yeah.. 1 person's post on the internet makes it so that we all "suck"...

Well then.. thanks to the likes of kirkybot and bobo the clown, I guess you DEMs doubly suck then? :confused:

So if the election were between Obama and Bush, and the only way for Obama to win were to cheat, you would rather have Bush for four more years? I am supposed to believe that?

So if the election were between Obama and Bush, and the only way for Obama to win were to cheat, you would rather have Bush for four more years? I am supposed to believe that?

I don't give a fuck what you believe. I've lived with Bush as President for 8 years. The only Bush policy that had directly effected my life is No Child Left Behind and that wasn't that big a deal IMO.

So, no, I wouldn't want Obama to become president IF he had to cheat to get there.

You assume because you and other Republicans are dishonest fucks, who have no morals and ethics that everyone is like that.

I'm the type of person who if the cashier doesn't ring something up on my order I go back and pay for it after the fact.

Example: A few months ago I bought a pair of earbuds for my ipod. I had a bunch of bags and when I got home and couldn't find the earbuds I went back to the store and got a replacement because I assumed they hadn't been placed in my bag by the bagger. Fast Forward two months and I'm cleaning out my car and push my passenger seat back to vaccuum and guess what I find...the earbuds. They had fallen out of the bag. I could've kept them or even returned them unopened for a refund or store credit. I took them to customer service and turned them in and explained what happened. The lady behind the counter looked at me like I had two heads :lol: but that's who I am as a person.

I don't want something I didn't earn and I don't want my candidate to win based on cheating.

I'm sorry you're not an honest person.

In 2007, the General Assembly passed a law making it a Class 1 misdemeanor to knowingly communicate false information to registered voters about the date, time and place of the election or voters' precincts, polling places or voter registration statuses in order to impede their voting. The measure is one of the few such deceptive voting practice laws in the country, according to the watchdog group Common Cause.

They should up the punishment to the death penalty. The election of the next president of the united states of america has a life and death outcome for billions of people around the world. Look at Bush... how many people have died in this world because of bush?

The Democrats rely on voter ignorance. Why shouldn't the GOP?

how do you figure that glock? do you mean ignorance as in believing what Obama says and therefore supporting him? that's your opinion. You don't believe him and therefore you think anyone who does is ignorant. Perhaps it is you who is ignorant...I'm sure that never dawned on you though... :cuckoo:

there is a difference between hoping someone is ignorant of the issues and ignorant as to when they have to vote....telling someone "hey you get to vote on 11/5/08 instead of 11/4/08" should be a crime.

that is basically stealing people's right to vote. They lose their opportunity to cast their ballot cuz *shocking* no one will be there on the 5th when they go to vote and then it's too late.

DD, who do you think put out the flier if not the GOP or someone supporting the GOP?

Reverse it, what if it said Democrats vote on 11/4 and Republicans vote 11/5? wouldn't you be outraged? you bet your ass you would and if you say otherwise you're a liar.

DD, who do you think put out the flier if not the GOP or someone supporting the GOP?

Reverse it, what if it said Democrats vote on 11/4 and Republicans vote 11/5? wouldn't you be outraged? you bet your ass you would and if you say otherwise you're a liar.

I hardly believe at all the the GOP has put this flier out... though extremist lefties with an agenda would love to put that perception out there, as the starter of this thread shows...

Who could it be? Anyone actually... a nutbag right-winger, a bunch of drunken college kids playing a prank, MAD magazine, an anarchist, hell it could be Ted Nugent for all I know... but it is highly unlikely the Republican party had ANY part of this whatsoever...

Forum List

Back