GOP Congressman Associating with Obama is 'Touching a Tar Baby'

At least the bona-fide racist isn't hiding behind children's books.

Right. Because, as I said before, you can only see one meaning there.

how2readbook.jpg

Your standard of proof rest on Tank, not Rep. Lamborn. Bully for you.

Tank sure as shit affirmed that "tar baby" is a racist slur.

If Lamborn isn't a racist he's a retard.

Everything Tank says is a racial slur. Pointing to him as proof of anything just shows how desperate you are.

the left DOES tend to play the race card,but not this time. this congressman is a fucking idiot. tar baby....... Holy fuck.

tend to play the race card?? I stopped caring a long time ago. they call the Tea Party terrorists and now they are outraged at "tar baby" gimme a break.

QW would you ever refer to something or someone as a "tar baby" in the presence of a black person?

Tar baby is the same as sticky wicket, I do not use either term because I am not from a culture where people use them. But if I did my black friends would know I am not a racist, and would either understand the term, or ask me for clarification.

QW would you ever refer to something or someone as a "tar baby" in the presence of a black person?

Tar baby is the same as sticky wicket, I do not use either term because I am not from a culture where people use them. But if I did my black friends would know I am not a racist, and would either understand the term, or ask me for clarification.

These people have never been exposed to the Uncle Remus stories. know why? cause they deemed it racist. If they were educated enough they'd know what a tar baby is and it has nothing to do with black except for the fact that tar is black. :lol::cuckoo:

You aren't from a racist culture that uses the term and are aware that it's a racist slur towards blacks. Good for you. Neither am I.

:beer:

You aren't from a racist culture that uses the term and are aware that it's a racist slur towards blacks. Good for you. Neither am I.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX44YHK5Bik]‪Uncle Remus And The Tar Baby‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

who tole you it was a racist comment against blacks,, clearly they izzz trying to catch em a rabbit.

Let's consider another childhood story....The Boy Who Cried Wolf, or in this case, The Libs Who Cried Racists. They have so belittled the charge, that even when it's valid, nobody fucking pays any attention.

Sadly, this is so true. People are becoming numb to the term "racist". On another board someone went off on me because I used the term "negro" and said that now "negro" was a racist word.

I can't freaking keep up!!

I guess the United Negro College Fund better change its name!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX44YHK5Bik]‪Uncle Remus And The Tar Baby‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

who tole you it was a racist comment against blacks,, clearly they izzz trying to catch em a rabbit.

You do know "Song of the South" is pretty much one of the most racist films ever put out by Disney.

Enjoyable.

But racist as heck.

That is not what I said. I said I am not from a culture that uses the term tar baby to refer to a sticky situation, which is why I mentioned the term sticky wicket.

You, on the other hand, are obviously from a culture where the term is racist. Either that or you are pretending outrage over a term you had to look up the meaning of.

That is not what I said. I said I am not from a culture that uses the term tar baby to refer to a sticky situation, which is why I mentioned the term sticky wicket.

You, on the other hand, are obviously from a culture where the term is racist. Either that or you are pretending outrage over a term you had to look up the meaning of.

It is feigned outrage.

Does anybody know how the term "tar baby" became a racist slur?

I know it from the Uncle Remus stories. And I was just looking it up in wiki and it would appear to be connected to all sorts of different cultures world wide.

Here's just a sample. Pretty interesting.

Variations on the tar baby legend are spread among the folklores of more than one culture. In the Journal of American Folklore, Aurelio M. Espinosa examined 267 versions of the tar baby story.[15] The mythical West African hero Anansi is recorded as once being similarly trapped.[16]

In a Spanish language version told in the mountainous parts of Colombia, an unnamed rabbit is trapped by the "Muñeco de Brea" (tar doll). A Buddhist myth tells of Prince Five-weapons (the Future Buddha) who encounters the ogre, Sticky Hair, in a forest.[17]

The Tar Baby theme is present in the lores in various tribes of Meso-America and of South America : it is to be found such stories[18] as the Nahuatl (of Mexico) "Lazy Boy and Little Rabbit" (González Casanova 1946, pp. 55–67), Pipil (of El Salvador) "Rabbit and Little Fox" (Schultes 1977, pp. 113–116), and Palenquero (of Colombia) "Rabbit, Toad, and Tiger" (Patiño Rosselli 1983, pp. 224–229).

These people have never been exposed to the Uncle Remus stories. know why? cause they deemed it racist. If they were educated enough they'd know what a tar baby is and it has nothing to do with black except for the fact that tar is black. :lol::cuckoo:

The problem is that racists also read Brer Rabbit and the tar baby and started to refer to black people as "tar babies". The term then became a racist term to pin on black people. Blame the racists...it is no longer an innocent term

I know it from the Uncle Remus stories. And I was just looking it up in wiki and it would appear to be connected to all sorts of different cultures world wide.

Variations on the tar baby legend are spread among the folklores of more than one culture. In the Journal of American Folklore, Aurelio M. Espinosa examined 267 versions of the tar baby story.[15] The mythical West African hero Anansi is recorded as once being similarly trapped.[16]

In a Spanish language version told in the mountainous parts of Colombia, an unnamed rabbit is trapped by the "Muñeco de Brea" (tar doll). A Buddhist myth tells of Prince Five-weapons (the Future Buddha) who encounters the ogre, Sticky Hair, in a forest.[17]

The Tar Baby theme is present in the lores in various tribes of Meso-America and of South America : it is to be found such stories[18] as the Nahuatl (of Mexico) "Lazy Boy and Little Rabbit" (González Casanova 1946, pp. 55–67), Pipil (of El Salvador) "Rabbit and Little Fox" (Schultes 1977, pp. 113–116), and Palenquero (of Colombia) "Rabbit, Toad, and Tiger" (Patiño Rosselli 1983, pp. 224–229).

Well it's been a racist term since I was a kid. And I am 50.

So..that's quite a while in my life time.

I also put up several racial slur databases..so you can check on other ones.

You do know "Song of the South" is pretty much one of the most racist films ever put out by Disney.

Enjoyable.

But racist as heck.

Really? what is racist about it?

the left DOES tend to play the race card,but not this time. this congressman is a fucking idiot. tar baby....... Holy fuck.

tend to play the race card?? I stopped caring a long time ago. they call the Tea Party terrorists and now they are outraged at "tar baby" gimme a break.

That war deserter Bush is a fucking terrorist.

Well it's been a racist term since I was a kid. And I am 50.

So..that's quite a while in my life time.

I also put up several racial slur databases..so you can check on other ones.

I truly never heard anyone use the term "tar baby" as a racial slur. Interesting.

This goes into my "things I learned on the internet today" file.:eusa_angel:

And your pals called Obama a muslim and Kenyan..

...shurg....

Forum List

Back