Good Old France.. Such Class

So lets re-cap:

The French didnt invite the British Queen to the D-Day Memorials, so everyone who died liberating France died for nothing.

Correct?

Just wanna make sure I'm reading this correctly.

Yes, I agree. What a faux pas

The Queen of England most certainly deserves an invite.

Her family was generous enough to invite the FREE FRENCH to live in jolly old England while the Viche regime collaborated with the Hun.

How utterly rude.

Yes, I agree. What a faux pas

The Queen of England most certainly deserves an invite.

Her family was generous enough to invite the FREE FRENCH to live in jolly old England while the Viche regime collaborated with the Hun.

How utterly rude.

It is rude. Absolutely.

So lets re-cap:

The French didnt invite the British Queen to the D-Day Memorials, so everyone who died liberating France died for nothing.

Correct?

other than the fact you left 90% of my reason out??? huh?

This is the doing of Sarkozy. Nothing wrong with the French people themselves...well, most of 'em.

DeGaulle and French leaders down the years just can't stand to acknowledge the part the British played in rescuing their arses. They also conveniently forget that many French sided with the Germans through the Vichy government of France.

Short arse Sarkozy has but one thing in mind. Brown nosing with Obama. In fact, he'll be so far up Obama's arse, he'll be able to see the soles of Gordon Brown's feet.

So lets re-cap:

Correct?

Um, no. I dont believe I did.

But go ahead, enlighten me :lol::lol::lol:

Or we could just scroll back through this thread and see that I got 100% of your reasoning into one sentence.

Seems Sarkozy has pissed off just about everybody over the D Day ceremony. He hasn't even invited other French politicians from the opposition parties!

BESIDES creating a cross-Channel spat by failing to invite the Queen to D-Day commemorations in Normandy this week, Nicolas Sarkozy, the French president, has angered political rivals at home by keeping them off the guest list.

Opposition politicians accused Sarkozy of trying to steal the show at a D-Day ceremony in Normandy next weekend with Barack Obama, the American president.

“D-Day belongs to everyone,” said Daniel Cohn-Bendit, an MEP. “It is not the property of Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla Bruni,” he added, referring to the president’s wife, a singer and former top model, who is expected to attend the event with Michelle Obama, the American first lady.

“Normally the heads of all the political parties are invited to this sort of event,” said Philippe de Villiers, leader of the right-wing Movement for France party.

“It is extraordinary that the representatives of the French people are not invited.” Obama’s participation, agreed after much arm-twisting by the French, has given extra allure to the 65th anniversary of the D-Day landings, which helped to turn the tide against Hitler. But Sarkozy’s diplomatic triumph backfired when Britain, Canada and other nations that played a role in the allied invasion noticed they had not been invited.

Sarkozy hijacks Longest Day - Times Online

Mind you, it's easy to see why Sarkozy doesn't like other dignitaries appearing along side him. He never quite makes it into the photo!

sarkozycaricature3tb8.jpg

So lets re-cap:

Correct?

Or we could just scroll back through this thread and see that I got 100% of your reasoning into one sentence.

no,, as a usual libtard response you condensed it to fit your snarky view.. but that's olay,, it's predicatble..

Why yes, Let's all hate "The French" because this is all the fault of "The French", since of course every "French" person in France gets to decide who attends celebrations hosted by the government. Remember to remind every French person you meet (that is... if you ever meet any - that's a general 'you') how stupid they were for insulting the Queen.

New York Times said:
How the queen came to be excluded has become entangled in a thicket of diplomatic missteps, or misunderstandings, depending on whether the account is given in London or Paris. The French have said officially that they regard the commemorations in the American sector of the landings as “primarily a Franco-American ceremony,” and that it was up to the British to decide who should represent Britain — in other words, that Mr. Brown was at fault for not seeking an invitation for the queen.

The French have also said the Brown government was slow to accept that the ceremonies merited more than a modest British involvement, since British policy had been to give full-scale government backing only to commemorations at decade-long intervals.

The last of those was the 60th anniversary in 2004, when the queen joined President George W. Bush in the Normandy observances. British veterans’ groups demanded more backing for this year’s ceremonies on the grounds that only a handful of soldiers who fought in Normandy were likely to be alive at the 70th anniversary in 2014.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/world/europe/28queen.html

Why yes, Let's all hate "The French" because this is all the fault of "The French", since of course every "French" person in France gets to decide who attends celebrations hosted by the government. Remember to remind every French person you meet (that is... if you ever meet any - that's a general 'you') how stupid they were for insulting the Queen.

New York Times said:
How the queen came to be excluded has become entangled in a thicket of diplomatic missteps, or misunderstandings, depending on whether the account is given in London or Paris. The French have said officially that they regard the commemorations in the American sector of the landings as “primarily a Franco-American ceremony,” and that it was up to the British to decide who should represent Britain — in other words, that Mr. Brown was at fault for not seeking an invitation for the queen.

The French have also said the Brown government was slow to accept that the ceremonies merited more than a modest British involvement, since British policy had been to give full-scale government backing only to commemorations at decade-long intervals.

The last of those was the 60th anniversary in 2004, when the queen joined President George W. Bush in the Normandy observances. British veterans’ groups demanded more backing for this year’s ceremonies on the grounds that only a handful of soldiers who fought in Normandy were likely to be alive at the 70th anniversary in 2014.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/world/europe/28queen.html

you cannot refute the fact that the French are acting like assholes in not inviting the queen the only living monarch who put on a uniform and served with the military.. like it or not that's what they have done.. now as for blaming every french person?? get over it.. btw you never have a problem with the rest of the world sneering at Americans because of "our government" fact is the french have had their asses save x2 by Britian and the US and they snub us every chance they get.. you cannot refute that either.

It's Sarkozy, he wants to keep it a US-France celebration. Even his own folks are criticising him over this. So contemporary political interests overshadow the celebration of an historical event. Other countries which were involved in D-Day have also been ignored, it's not just the Queen.

no,, as a usual libtard response you condensed it to fit your snarky view.. but that's olay,, it's predicatble..

Quote: Originally Posted by Sinatra
What an appalling snub by the French.

It seems they have become increasingly uncomfortable with acknowledging their need for the American and British forces to save them from the German occupation.

Hopefully this will be remedied soon. The Queen's service and symbolic leadership during WWII was remarkable - particularly given her young age and limited experience. She passed that trial by fire with amazing dignity and courage.

Twice,, we saved their sorry azzes twice! don't you wish you could dig up all our soldiers and tell them they died for nothing?

Bolded is your response to Mr. Sinatra, in its entirety.

I cant wait to see your next attempt at backtracking.

But keep it coming with the Ad Hominem. Its funny cause you're so far off base.

I'll tell ya what Wilow.

I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you.

So just go ahead and admit that that was a fucking idiotic comment, and it'll be all good.

It's Sarkozy, he wants to keep it a US-France celebration. Even his own folks are criticising him over this. So contemporary political interests overshadow the celebration of an historical event. Other countries which were involved in D-Day have also been ignored, it's not just the Queen.

Well its good to know, at least, that our American Servicemen didnt die for nothing!

Right Willow?

:lol::lol::lol:

Who fucking cares? The French are the ones that helped us kick the British ass in the Revolutionary War, so who gives a fuck about the British?

When's the last time the British did anything for us? We're always bailing THEIR asses out. At least France bailed us out once.

Number of times US bailed out British: 2
Number of times US bailed out France: 2
number of times france bailed out US: 1
NUmber of times british bailed out US: 0
Number of times British took up arms against the US: at least 2
number of times french took up arms against the US - 0 as far as i know - but if I'm ignorant on that please correct me.

So FUCK the British

Last edited:

Quote: Originally Posted by Sinatra
What an appalling snub by the French.

It seems they have become increasingly uncomfortable with acknowledging their need for the American and British forces to save them from the German occupation.

Hopefully this will be remedied soon. The Queen's service and symbolic leadership during WWII was remarkable - particularly given her young age and limited experience. She passed that trial by fire with amazing dignity and courage.

Twice,, we saved their sorry azzes twice! don't you wish you could dig up all our soldiers and tell them they died for nothing?

Bolded is your response to Mr. Sinatra, in its entirety.

I cant wait to see your next attempt at backtracking.

But keep it coming with the Ad Hominem. Its funny cause you're so far off base.

didn't backtrack moved ahead by explaining why I said that.. boy are you DUmb! did you miss the furthur explanation! or just stick you fingers in your ears and no la la la la la la???

Who fucking cares? The French are the ones that helped us kick the British ass in the Revolutionary War, so who gives a fuck about the British?

When's the last time the British did anything for us? We're always bailing THEIR asses out. At least France bailed us out once.

Number of times US bailed out British: 2
Number of times US bailed out France: 2
number of times france bailed out US: 1
NUmber of times british bailed out US: 0
Number of times British took up arms against the US: at least 2
number of times french took up arms against the US - 0 as far as i know - but if I'm ignorant on that please correct me.

So FUCK the British

nope! don't work that way,, cause as far as I know the British stand with us and France doesn't they snub us when we need them.. so no,, let's not fuck the British! I likes em.

Forum List

Back