Good Old France.. Such Class

Please don't forget one Frenchman:

Lafayette, Marquis de (1754-1834)
The American Declaration of Independence inspired Lafayette to buy a ship and sail to America without official permission from France in 1777. In America, he became an unpaid volunteer on George Washington's staff. He participated in the Battle of Brandywine in 1777 and soon became a major general. While spending the winter in Valley Forge, he became close friends with Washington. He continued to have military commands in 1778, but in 1779 went back to France to advocate the American cause. He returned in 1780 bearing the news to Washington that the Comte de Rochambeau would bring French troops to assist him. Lafayette next went to Virginia, where he battled Cornwallis until Cornwallis retreated to Yorktown. After Yorktown, Lafayette was the "diplomatic aide-de-camp" to Benjamin Franklin in Paris and continued to voice American interests to the French government. Lafayette had an illustrious and tumultuous political career in France during the French Revolution, the Reign of Terror, Napoleon, and the Restoration Era, throughout which he defended his concept of liberty.

This little froggy helped US become USA.

Yeah! Don't forget old Lafeyette! Because he was French... so that makes it relevant.

Of course the French Government at the time was the French Monarchy... a completely distinct, wholly separate nation from that which stands for France today; or stood for France a generation later... when the Leftist revolted and murdered tens of thousands of those who supported the French Crown, in the wake of little faux-trials... all in the name of FAIRNESS of course.

And also don't forget that it's those leftist that we in large measure responsible for WW2, advancing that same snotty attitude... until the Germans just got tired of it an rose up and kicked their collective frog ass.

SO HERE'S to the sixth French Republic... "What's one more failure!"

LOL... Leftists.

I'll tell ya what Wilow.

I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you.

So just go ahead and admit that that was a fucking idiotic comment, and it'll be all good.

Go ahead and be embarassed for me,, saves me some extra work,, and while your at it the toilet needs cleaning. TYIA :lol:

It's Sarkozy, he wants to keep it a US-France celebration. Even his own folks are criticising him over this. So contemporary political interests overshadow the celebration of an historical event. Other countries which were involved in D-Day have also been ignored, it's not just the Queen.

Well its good to know, at least, that our American Servicemen didnt die for nothing!

Right Willow?

:lol::lol::lol:

what did they die for? doyathink?

Way to dodge the question by asking another one.

Top-notch :clap2:

:cuckoo:

well, think about it.. Germany caused two world wars,, killed millions and millions and millions of people we had to liberate france twice,, now who do the french snub every chance they get?? US and England.. you got it..whose their bestest friend?? Germany.. so we died for nuttin honey! call it extreme if ya want to but that's my take on it.

PLEASE tell me that this is your "explanation" Willow.

Cause it'll make me chuckle and shake my head.

It's Sarkozy, he wants to keep it a US-France celebration. Even his own folks are criticising him over this. So contemporary political interests overshadow the celebration of an historical event. Other countries which were involved in D-Day have also been ignored, it's not just the Queen.

Well its good to know, at least, that our American Servicemen didnt die for nothing!

Right Willow?

Um, they died because we went in to kick Germanys ass after they declared war on us.

We didnt give a fuck about France. Read a history book. Where were we when the Germans over-ran this Maginot Line and took control of Paris?

For your benefit Maginot Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia since its becoming painfully apparent to me you dont know your history

Right Willow?

Um, they died because we went in to kick Germanys ass after they declared war on us.

We didnt give a fuck about France. Read a history book. Where were we when the Germans over-ran this Maginot Line and took control of Paris?

For your benefit Maginot Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia since its becoming painfully apparent to me you dont know your history

why didn't we just stay home and kick Germany's azz when they got over here doyathink.. oh and btw liberals wirte and falsefity history books,, so no good there nowadays. well, the ones they use in school anyways.

why didn't we just stay home and kick Germany's azz when they got over here doyathink.. oh and btw liberals wirte and falsefity history books,, so no good there nowadays. well, the ones they use in school anyways.

Did we go into Europe to liberate France, or kick the schiess outta Germany after they declared war on us?

Heres a hint: The liberation of France was just gravy in the full course meal.

well, think about it.. Germany caused two world wars,, killed millions and millions and millions of people we had to liberate france twice,, now who do the french snub every chance they get?? US and England.. you got it..whose their bestest friend?? Germany.. so we died for nuttin honey! call it extreme if ya want to but that's my take on it.

Funny how you wont touch this one Willow.

So I ask again, is this your explanation of your utterly retarded "they died for nothing" comment?

Are you denying that we didnt give a shit about the Nazi invasion of France?

Where were we when the Maginot line was over-run and Paris was occupied?

Keep digging that hole you're in. :lol::lol:

So I ask again, is this your explanation of your utterly retarded "they died for nothing" comment?

I already splained it to you I can't help it if you are too retarded to understand now can I??? go back and review,, see can you figure it out on your own,, if not get a study buddy..

We declared war on Japan,, Germany declared war on us.. We didn't have to go,, but we did and we saved France's ass,, and then the snub their snotty little frenchie noses at us and at Britian,, that you cannot change no matter how many little hissy fits you proceed with.. go ahead,,:lol:

I already splained it to you I can't help it if you are too retarded to understand now can I??? go back and review,, see can you figure it out on your own,, if not get a study buddy..

So basically you're an idiot and cant explain it your dumbass "they died for nothing cause the Queen of England wasnt invited to the D-DAY memorial service"

Thought so.

So basically you're an idiot and cant explain it your dumbass "they died for nothing cause the Queen of England wasnt invited to the D-DAY memorial service"

Thought so.

I did explain my dumb ass you are just dumber and cannot comprehend what is said to you in God's English oh and btw,, you misquoted me.. didn't ya..

Last edited:
What an appalling snub by the French.

It seems they have become increasingly uncomfortable with acknowledging their need for the American and British forces to save them from the German occupation.

Hopefully this will be remedied soon. The Queen's service and symbolic leadership during WWII was remarkable - particularly given her young age and limited experience. She passed that trial by fire with amazing dignity and courage.

Twice,, we saved their sorry azzes twice! don't you wish you could dig up all our soldiers and tell them they died for nothing?

Bump

We declared war on Japan,, Germany declared war on us.. We didn't have to go,, but we did and we saved France's ass,, and then the snub their snotty little frenchie noses at us and at Britian,, that you cannot change no matter how many little hissy fits you proceed with.. go ahead,,:lol:

First, they snubbed their noses at England alone. Not the U.S. Obama was invited.

Second, so because the French snubbed their noses at England, those who died on D-Day and beyond, died for nothing. Right?

Answer the bolded.

For the second time, heres your dumbass comment in its entirety.

Yet I misquoted you.

Thats rich.

Thought so.

Liar! I never said what you quoted in the bolded up above.. careful now people have brains and they can read.. oh and my original quote won't change! It stays the same until the French quit being back biting snooty little idiots.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

First, they snubbed their noses at England alone. Not the U.S. Obama was invited.

Second, so because the French snubbed their noses at England, those who died on D-Day and beyond, died for nothing. Right?

Answer the bolded.

tHE fRENCH SNUB THEIR SNOOTY LITTLE NOSES AT THE US AND AT THE BRITISH EVERY CHANCE THEY GET..

She is pushing 90. I don't believe it to be a snub. She has walked that beach year after year for more than 60 years. A lot to be expected of a woman her age. Lots of women younger than her are in wheelchairs and need walkers. She is pretty healthy for her age, but making her walk that beach again is cruelty.

And at her age, who wants to keep doing this stuff. I am sure she is willing, and almost able. But it is a greater courtesy to let her stay home.

Forum List

Back