USPS wants to hike stamp prices for 2nd time in 6 months

Lord-Humungus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2023

USPS has been repeatedly increasing rates of many of its mailing services over the past few years to keep up with inflation and the growing cost of doing business.
The new proposal would raise the price of a First-Class Forever stamp from 68 cents to 73 cents. It’s the latest in a series of small increases that have accumulated since the pandemic, making the cost of one Forever stamp 33% more expensive than it was at the start of 2021.

A 33% jump during the Biden years. Way to go Joe. Raise the prices on the junk mail, maybe it will help cut down on the crap I get almost daily. This will effect the older generation on a fixed income the most

IF UPS can cover everywhere without a manned bldg in site except their main terminals the PO can too. Close all the burg offices that each need a manager and supervisors and do it right.

IF UPS can cover everywhere without a manned bldg in site except their main terminals the PO can too. Close all the burg offices that each need a manager and supervisors and do it right.
the PO does cover every where.....and if they close all the "burg" offices then what?...

they do it ...if UPS and Fed X do it right,why do they have the PO deliver a whole bunch of parcels for them?...
Poor rube......keep raising prices....customers dont pay any attn to price......am I right.....Obviously th PO is doing something wrong with continuous rate hikes. I dont pay anything online, but if doing so turns into real money......I'll have too. Think they can survive on junk mail.......good luck with that.....crash and burn

Poor rube......keep raising prices....customers dont pay any attn to price......am I right.....Obviously th PO is doing something wrong with continuous rate hikes. I dont pay anything online, but if doing so turns into real money......I'll have too. Think they can survive on junk mail.......good luck with that.....crash and burn
hey rube no 2......if the PO is so bad WHY do they deliver many parcels from UPS and Fed X?....and how many rate hikes has the other 2 had?...

its only waste if that station doesnt have any traffic and isnt profitable.........and many of those stations have been shut down....
think of all the diesal they wouldnt need to burn running semis to all the burgs.....they are killing the planet ...uummmm....ummm. If they were profitable that wouldnt be raising prices all the time dumbass

Absolutely is. Dad worked for em and pushed em to modernize their ops or die. Fast approaching exodus they cant survive.
i worked for them too......in the late 90's we had the Japan and German PO come and see these new optical sorting machines we had that moved so much mail....now they have them....the only thing that stops the post office from modernizing is the federal govt.....they have to approve everything..... it takes years to get major things approved....

The US mail isn't nearly as important as it was in years past. People pay their bills online, how many times do you need to write a check?

The only time I pull out my checkbook is if I am in line at the grocery store and the place is busy.

Other than that its a credit care or cash.

Mailing a check is just something not done so often today.

Maybe the USPS needs to reduce their delivery service to twice a week? And get back to having Staples sell postage .

think of all the diesal they wouldnt need to burn running semis to all the burgs.....they are killing the planet ...uummmm....ummm. If they were profitable that wouldnt be raising prices all the time dumbass
oh so this is about global warming?.....lol....oh geezus lol.....

A 33% jump during the Biden years. Way to go Joe. Raise the prices on the junk mail, maybe it will help cut down on the crap I get almost daily. This will effect the older generation on a fixed income the most
It's not the prices going up It's the dollar going down.

i worked for them too......in the late 90's we had the Japan and German PO come and see these new optical sorting machines we had that moved so much mail....now they have them....the only thing that stops the post office from modernizing is the federal govt.....they have to approve everything..... it takes years to get major things approved....
I doubt they are even trying. Congress should step in and force the matter

Forum List

Back