Good Nationalism-- Oh yes, it's real

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm sorry. The intellectual content of your posts lately has been similar to that of several left wing kooks. Don't kill the messenger.

True conservatives, not the Neocon wingnuts are fed up with Bush's Iraq first, America second policy. In Iraq he either needs to blitzkreig the fucking country or get the fuck out and let the chips fall where they may.

OCA said:
True conservatives, not the Neocon wingnuts are fed up with Bush's Iraq first, America second policy. In Iraq he either needs to blitzkreig the fucking country or get the fuck out and let the chips fall where they may.

No. We need to stay there for many years, gently nudging the country in the right direction when needed.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. We need to stay there for many years, gently nudging the country in the right direction when needed.

Fuck it then, why not call it the 51st state then? Why not just do it now? Since basically you are admitting that we are occupiers and its our way or no way.

Geee wonder how Americans would feel if the roles were reversed here?

Its time to get out now if we are unwilling to to do this thing right. WWII took 3.5 years, Iraq should take longer?

OCA said:
Fuck it then, why not call it the 51st state then? Why not just do it now? Since basically you are admitting that we are occupiers and its our way or no way.

Its time to get out now if we are unwilling to to do this thing right. WWII took 3.5 years, Iraq should take longer?

We still have bases all over Europe.

OCA said:

so I must agree...thats what we did in our proven past...where did it go?

OCA said:

Iraq can ask us to leave whenever they want us leave----That's far from what I would call an occupation.

rtwngAvngr said:

and in my humble opinion...we should get the hell out of there too...bring our jobs home...quit the EU welfare...now!

dilloduck said:
Iraq can ask us to leave whenever they want us leave----That's far from what I would call an occupation.

You must be shitting me, if Allawi or whoever is running the damn show over there(really its Zarqawi but thats another topic) was to say today "Mr. Bush could you have your troops out A.S.A.P." you really think Bush would say "absolutely, right away Mr. Allawi", your a fool if you think so.

rtwngAvngr said:

Bases, you really are a dumbass. You're talking bases and we're talking dictating government policy for another country..... ROTFLMFAO!

OCA said:
Bases, you really are a dumbass. You're talking bases and we're talking dictating government policy for another country..... ROTFLMFAO!

You seemed to laboring under the illusion that we were completely disengaged from europe. It's just no true. Watch the potty mouth.

rtwngAvngr said:
You seemed to laboring under the illusion that we were completely disengaged from europe. It's just no true. Watch the potty mouth.

You have no juice here, i'll cuss up a storm and there is no recourse to stop me. Militarily, we are engaged, politically we are nowhere near what kind of shit we are pulling in Iraq.

The people spoke up, they want a theocracy, lets get out and let them have it.

OCA said:
You have no juice here, i'll cuss up a storm and there is no recourse to stop me. Militarily, we are engaged, politically we are nowhere near what kind of shit we are pulling in Iraq.

The people spoke up, they want a theocracy, lets get out and let them have it.

As long as we both agree that we just nuke them when they eventually turn on us, that's fine. But the libs will never let us do it.

rtwngAvngr said:
See. I don't believe everyone has a nasty inner core to revert too.

But I don't see it as "nasty" that people naturally gravitate toward ethnic kin. You probably wouldn't see it as "nasty" that black people (openly) prefer living with blacks. But you probably WOULD say that about whites. Why the double standard?

And I'll bet that wherever you live, RWA, the demographics of the area are probably evidence of your own "nasty inner core."

William Joyce said:
But I don't see it as "nasty" that people naturally gravitate toward ethnic kin. You probably wouldn't see it as "nasty" that black people (openly) prefer living with blacks. But you probably WOULD say that about whites. Why the double standard?

And I'll bet that wherever you live, RWA, the demographics of the area are probably evidence of your own "nasty inner core."

I just think it can work if people are taught that race is no excuse for failure or a guarantee of success. And yes, when things start to go down hill, the lines will become sharper. This is why it's crucial that the economy keep growing. And I'm really sick of the current incarnation of multiculturalism which guilts whites, christians, and males. That's a bunch of jew shit as far as I'm concerned. That needs to stop.

OCA said:
You must be shitting me, if Allawi or whoever is running the damn show over there(really its Zarqawi but thats another topic) was to say today "Mr. Bush could you have your troops out A.S.A.P." you really think Bush would say "absolutely, right away Mr. Allawi", your a fool if you think so.

I'm sure we are all fools, however American presence in Iraq is presently appreciated by the majority. The "Yankee Go Home" mentality is absent, even to those who are actively on the look out to take advantage of it at the very second that a case can be even remotely made for its' existence. If there were anyone there besides throat-slitters that seriously wanted the US out of Iraq now, the Jane Fondas and John Kerrys of the world would be holding news conferences with them.

Before this gravitates toward the situation in Iraq, I've got a question, RWA:

You've said, somewhere over the course of 3 threads and a few hundred posts, that American nationalism is cool because we have the right values. In general, then, what circumstances make nationalism acceptable, and which circumstances make it undesirable?

gop_jeff said:
Before this gravitates toward the situation in Iraq, I've got a question, RWA:

You've said, somewhere over the course of 3 threads and a few hundred posts, that American nationalism is cool because we have the right values. In general, then, what circumstances make nationalism acceptable, and which circumstances make it undesirable?

When the values are right, it's acceptable. And yes, it's in the eye of the beholder to a degree, but our values consistently have shown to be great for creating bounty for a large number of people. Freedom works, Provably so, according to many measures of success.

rtwngAvngr said:
When the values are right, it's acceptable. And yes, it's in the eye of the beholder to a degree, but our values consistently have shown to be great for creating bounty for a large number of people. Freedom works, Provably so, according to many measures of success.

So let's say that China, through a miracle of God, decides that the American values of personal liberties, the free market, representative government, God, Mom, and apple pie were their new core values. Would you then be in favor of Chinese nationalism, and the Chinese exporting said nationalism to, say, Taiwan, Japan, Tibet?

gop_jeff said:
So let's say that China, through a miracle of God, decides that the American values of personal liberties, the free market, representative government, God, Mom, and apple pie were their new core values. Would you then be in favor of Chinese nationalism, and the Chinese exporting said nationalism to, say, Taiwan, Japan, Tibet?

YES.

Natiionlalism has been villified so that actual discussions of values are avoided.

Forum List

Back