Good Nationalism-- Oh yes, it's real

Emmett said:
I must say folks, if it was your intention to come here to accomplish debating the items of the day in a seemingly intelligent and informative manner.........

YOU HAVE FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look folks, I see all these green dots and rep power but in all honesty I get as much from visiting here as an ABC poll. Ya'll are pitiful! :confused:

This is a wonderful opportunity for intelligent people to educate and inform one another of ideas, philosophy and to debate. You folks with the complexes are "pissing in the hair" of this ideaology.

Dude, back the f#ck up a sec. I built this forum on rock and roll. Bow when you address me.

rtwngAvngr said:
Dude, back the f#ck up a sec. I built this forum on rock and roll. Bow when you address me.

I found his comments enlightening. I understand so much more about the topic now. I'm glad he explained it all in clear, concise terms, with links and all that junk. Aren't you?

Oh! Excuse me sir! I am indeed sorry for my previous statement! I did not realize based on what I've seen you write that you had compiled anything of note!

Now that you have set me straight on your invaluable contribution to this site I must humble myself and beg your pardon! :hail:

:nine:

Emmett said:
Oh! Excuse me sir! I am indeed sorry for my previous statement! I did not realize based on what I've seen you write that you had compiled anything of note!

Now that you have set me straight on your invaluable contribution to this site I must humble myself and beg your pardon! :hail:

:nine:

Just don't let it happen again. Okay, Peggy? You're dismissed.

rtwngAvngr said:
Nationalism is not necessarily intertwined with ethnic homogeneity, racial homogeniety, cultural homogeniety, or perceived common history. It can crystalize around new positive values, around democratic institutions, tolerance, and individual rights.

But it can't. It never has and never will. There is no example of multiracial society that was able to sustain itself absent the brutal oppression of one or more groups. Yugoslavia is a great example. It took the iron repression of the communist Tito to keep this artificial conglomerate of groups together. Pull him away, and everyone reverts to the real core: the racial and ethnic groupings that people feel true affinity for. Same for the Soviet Union. Back in history, the Roman Empire grew nicely until they starting gobbling every language, race and culture in the globe. Then it collapsed of its own weight. Look at Iraq. Saddam, a Sunni, clamped down with extreme brutality on the majority Shi'ites, as well as the Kurds, etc. He's gone. Peace ensuing? No, the Shi'ites are calling for blood and the Sunni insurgents are SPILLING it, in buckets. South Africa: now that whites have been removed from leadership, blacks are taking over and killing the few who remain.

People, let me stress something here. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MULTIRACIAL SOCIETY. Someone is always on top. Someone is always running the show while the rest swallow lies and wander in confusion. If you think racial and ethnic groups "share" power while singing "Kumbaya," you need to wake up to reality. Ain't nobody sharing SHIT. That's not how it works. The only people goofy enough to believe this wholeheartedly, I'm afraid, are whites.

Democratic institutions, tolerance and individual rights are burned into the DNA of WHITE, or European-derived, people --- and then arguably mostly Northern Europeans. Our big mistake is to think that this will work, one-size-fits-all, around the globe. Even in the unlikely event it does, don't you think it's a little contradictory to declare that the U.S. is going to "bomb the world into democracy"? Whose interest does that serve? Probably ours, which might be OK, but let's not act like we're altruistic saints when we pursue that.

Democratic institutions, tolerance and individuals rights have most certainly NOT arisen among black Africans, Mestizo or Hispanic peoples, Arabs, Indians or Asians. Some, like the Japanese, have done a fair job of adopting democracy, as dictated by the West, but they didn't have the idea themselves.

Of course, if I'm wrong that race and nationalism aren't connected, then we could replace the 300 million whites in America with 300 million Chinese via a mass airlift. And, within two or three years, once the Chinese have gotten used to Cheez Whiz and cable, America would be just like your grandad remembered.

Do you believe that?

William Joyce said:
But it can't. It never has and never will. There is no example of multiracial society that was able to sustain itself absent the brutal oppression of one or more groups. Yugoslavia is a great example. It took the iron repression of the communist Tito to keep this artificial conglomerate of groups together. Pull him away, and everyone reverts to the real core: the racial and ethnic groupings that people feel true affinity for. Same for the Soviet Union. Back in history, the Roman Empire grew nicely until they starting gobbling every language, race and culture in the globe. Then it collapsed of its own weight. Look at Iraq. Saddam, a Sunni, clamped down with extreme brutality on the majority Shi'ites, as well as the Kurds, etc. He's gone. Peace ensuing? No, the Shi'ites are calling for blood and the Sunni insurgents are SPILLING it, in buckets. South Africa: now that whites have been removed from leadership, blacks are taking over and killing the few who remain.

People, let me stress something here. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MULTIRACIAL SOCIETY. Someone is always on top. Someone is always running the show while the rest swallow lies and wander in confusion. If you think racial and ethnic groups "share" power while singing "Kumbaya," you need to wake up to reality. Ain't nobody sharing SHIT. That's not how it works. The only people goofy enough to believe this wholeheartedly, I'm afraid, are whites.

Democratic institutions, tolerance and individual rights are burned into the DNA of WHITE, or European-derived, people --- and then arguably mostly Northern Europeans. Our big mistake is to think that this will work, one-size-fits-all, around the globe. Even in the unlikely event it does, don't you think it's a little contradictory to declare that the U.S. is going to "bomb the world into democracy"? Whose interest does that serve? Probably ours, which might be OK, but let's not act like we're altruistic saints when we pursue that.

Democratic institutions, tolerance and individuals rights have most certainly NOT arisen among black Africans, Mestizo or Hispanic peoples, Arabs, Indians or Asians. Some, like the Japanese, have done a fair job of adopting democracy, as dictated by the West, but they didn't have the idea themselves.

See. I don't believe everyone has a nasty inner core to revert too.

rtwngAvngr said:
See. I don't believe everyone has a nasty inner core to revert too.
Wow, WJ and I agree on a topic. No multinational/pluralistic society, which the US is, willingly or not, is nationalistic in the true sense. Take a more homeogeneous society to pull off that crime.

Kathianne said:
Wow, WJ and I agree on a topic. No multinational/pluralistic society, which the US is, willingly or not, is nationalistic in the true sense. Take a more homeogeneous society to pull off that crime.

In moderation, nationalism IS a good thing and necessary in order to unit a nation in a time of cirsis. United against a common threat.

Kathianne said:

The TRUE SENSE of nationalism you refer to being, of course, the villified politically correct version that exists in your brainwashed brain. WJ is full of shite, Kat. Again, he's saying what is and isn't possible based on the past. That is not how humanity moves forward.

rtwngAvngr said:
The TRUE SENSE of nationalism you refer to being, of course, the villified politically correct version that exists in your brainwashed brain. WJ is full of shite, Kat. Again, he's saying what is and isn't possible based on the past. That is not how humanity moves forward.
LOL, you were agreeing with WJ a few hours ago.

More to the point, you are envisioning a world through your drug/boozed lens, get with real world. More hilarious is that Arch wishes to join your 'altered world.' :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

rtwngAvngr said:
Again, he's saying what is and isn't possible based on the past. That is not how humanity moves forward.

Not really. For example, Quebec is multi-cultural in the sense that they accept immigrants, who do quite well once they learn the language and what not. What they don't accept is cultural expression other than their own, anywhere. Nationalism is technically new in Quebec and they're not heading in the right direction. The last 40 yrs had not served them well.

Said1 said:
Not really. For example, Quebec is multi-cultural in they sense that the accept immigrants, who do quite well once they learn the language and what not. What they don't accept is cultural expression other than their own, anywhere. Nationalism is technically new in Quebec and they're not heading in the right direction. The last 40 yrs had not served them well.

It's too bad they're going in the wrong direction. But he was saying what is and isn't possible based on past evidence.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's too bad they're going in the wrong direction. But he was saying what is and isn't possible based on past evidence.

I know what he was saying, There is present evidence. Nationalism is new to Quebec.

Said1 said:
I know what he was saying, There is present evidence. Nationalism is new to Quebec.

Quebecs current nationalism may take a different course that our current nationalism.

IOW, present performance in Quebec is no indication of future performance elsewhere.

rtwngAvngr said:
Quebecs current nationalism may take a different course that our current nationalism.

It already has, they're right off the map. The movement started out good and did accomplish a lot for the french, but has been left unchecked, to fester and is now so out of control, most people wish they'd just shut up or fuck off altogether or both. All this in a very short period of time.

How will nationalism be different for you? All nationalists think they only on focus on spreading the good parts of their country (nation or whatever). Even Native Americans shun the different nations that make up The First Nations Assembly.

Said1 said:
It already has, they're right off the map. The movement started out good and did accomplish a lot for the french, but has been left unchecked, to fester and is now so out of control, most people wish they'd just shut up or fuck off altogether or both. All this in a very short period of time.

How will nationalism be different for you? All nationalists think they only on focus on spreading the good parts of their country (nation or whatever). Even Native Americans shun the different nations that make up The First Nations Assembly.

It will. Your defeatist attitude is not a reasoned position. READ MY SIG.

rtwngAvngr said:
IOW, present performance in Quebec is no indication of future performance elsewhere.

Ok. Although you are unable to predict the course of naitonalism in your country as well. You know no more than i do presently because it's a new "movement".

But you can keep saying it over and over if you want. Some people learn better if they do that, eh?

Said1 said:
Ok. Although you are unable to predict the course of naitonalism in your country as well. You know no more than i do presently because it's a new "movement".

But you can keep saying it over and over if you want. Some people learn better if they do that, eh?

You make me say it over and over with your thickheadedness! :whip:

Said1 said:

Trace, there is no 'nationalistic' movement here, other than in a the drug/alcohol addled brains around here. The rest of us 'get it.'

Forum List

Back