God told Mike Johnson he's the new moses

Point is, like Donald (P.T. Barnum) Trump playing the xian card, Johnson doesn't have the stones to all of a sudden convert to atheism and come out of the truest and most profound of religious closets.

My statements had nothing to do with Johnson. (outside of a general sense)

So is eating shell fish but I don't see Christians waging culture wars because my grocery store displays lobster and crab in public for people to purchase and consume. 😱 The horror!
False. Show us where it is a sin to eat shell fish. You are conflating what is considered ceremonially unclean and civil laws with other laws regarding acts of sin.

No restrictions on people of any religion should be the same lack of restrictions for those with no religion, otherwise, its faulty reasoning. The logic contradicts itself.
I actually don't disagree with your statement. I have no problem with someone who isn't religious running for and becoming president, as long as they take the oath of office to support the Constitution and its Bill of Rights seriously and defend them. My only restriction would be that no one should be able to be president that would actively seek to undermine our Constitution, as they would not uphold their oath, like Biden has been doing.

No other country is required, boycott works every time. This also goes for street preaching, once those duped by fairy tales have identified themselves.
Tell you what, why don't you boycott going to church? That should have a big impact. Be sure to tell us how it goes and how many churches shut down because they can't get you to go anymore.

He thought it wouldn't get out because they banned the press from the event.

He's dangerously insane and must be removed ASAP.

And God told you he was not duly elected.Okay you are the moron I've avoided for so long. Should've stayed the course

What a strange turn of events from...
"On Sept. 12, 1960, presidential candidate John F. Kennedy gave a major speech to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association, a group of Protestant ministers, on the issue of his religion. At the time, many Protestants questioned whether Kennedy's Roman Catholic faith would allow him to make important national decisions as president independent of the church. Kennedy addressed those concerns before a skeptical audience of Protestant clergy. The following is a transcript of Kennedy's speech"
Response:

Kennedy: Rev. Meza, Rev. Reck, I'm grateful for your generous invitation to speak my views.

While the so-called religious issue is necessarily and properly the chief topic here tonight, I want to emphasize from the outset that we have far more critical issues to face in the 1960 election: the spread of Communist influence, until it now festers 90 miles off the coast of Florida; the humiliating treatment of our president and vice president by those who no longer respect our power; the hungry children I saw in West Virginia; the old people who cannot pay their doctor bills; the families forced to give up their farms; an America with too many slums, with too few schools, and too late to the moon and outer space.

These are the real issues which should decide this campaign. And they are not religious issues — for war and hunger and ignorance and despair know no religious barriers.
I think the OP is silly. If God speaks to your heart, that doesn’t mean you’re hearing voices.

And if you seek to do what God seemingly wants, that’s not exactly a sign of insanity.

If the new Speaker filters things through a perceptual filter of religious faith, that doesn’t seem particularly dangerous.

My own faith is paper thin. I believe in God. That’s pretty much it. Nonetheless, unlike so many people here, I don’t run around in terror of people with a deeper faith.

It’s not like the Speaker is a fanatical Muslim.

Forum List

Back