God or Conscience?

God would not ask for something that goes against your conscience because He makes up your conscience.

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

If you think He is going against your conscience then it is your feelings(or a wicked heart) getting in the way.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

If I'm ever put in the position where I have to choose between my conscience and a firey finger burning a blazing message on the wall, or a burning bush and lightening blasted books, I guess I'll probably go with the micaculous messages from GOD.

Until that happens, I'm pretty much dependent on myself to muddle through.

• Banned
God would not ask for something that goes against your conscience because He makes up your conscience.

So God would make you conscience say that cutting open pregnant women and killing children and taking young girls as sex slaves would seem right?
If you think He is going against your conscience then it is your feelings(or a wicked heart) getting in the way.

Opposing genocide and the killing of unbelievers is wicked?

So God would make you conscience say that cutting open pregnant women and killing children and taking young girls as sex slaves would seem right?

God does not require what you listed nor does he advocate genocide or the killing of Unbelievers.

• Banned

God does not require what you listed nor does he advocate genocide or the killing of Unbelievers.
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.
Hosea 13:16

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.
1 Samuel 15:3

Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
Psalms 137:8-9

14 And Moses was angry with the officers of the army, the commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, who had come from service in the war. 15 Moses said to them, Have you let all the women live? 16 Behold, these, on Balaam’s advice, caused the people of Israel to act treacherously against the Lord in the incident of Peor, and so the plague came among the congregation of the Lord. 17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. 18 But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him keep alive for yourselves.

"When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you may nations...then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them and show them no mercy." Deuteronomy
7:1-2, NIV.

"...do not leave alive anything that breaths. Completely destroy them...as the Lord your God has commanded you..."
Deuteronomy 20:16, NIV.

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God..." (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which [is] as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; [Treasury of Scripture Knowledge] [Concordance and Hebrew/Greek Lexicon]
[List Audio, Study Tools, Commentaries] [No Images or Hymns Available] [Versions/Translations] [Dictionary Aids] [Select for Copy; Double click to (de-)select all] Deu 13:7 [Namely], of the gods of the people which [are] round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the [one] end of the earth even unto the [other] end of the earth; [Treasury of Scripture Knowledge] [Concordance and Hebrew/Greek Lexicon]
[List Audio, Study Tools, Commentaries] [No Images or Hymns Available] [Versions/Translations] [Dictionary Aids] [Select for Copy; Double click to (de-)select all] Deu 13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: [Treasury of Scripture Knowledge] [Concordance and Hebrew/Greek Lexicon]
[List Audio, Study Tools, Commentaries] [No Images or Hymns Available] [Versions/Translations] [Dictionary Aids] [Select for Copy; Double click to (de-)select all] Deu 13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
Deu 13

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."
(Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.
(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.
(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.
Leviticus 24:16

Maybe you should read the book before commenting

...if We learn to put God first in all things...

If your God demands something that goes against your conscience, which do you follow and why? Do you do what is right in your heart and risk God's wrath, or do you obey in order to receive reward, you conscience be damned?

Would you step off a cliff if God told you to? Would you marry a woman or man you didn't love?

Human beings are unique in that they possess a consciousness - we are able to use our senses to collect information in our environment, measure them up against our goals, and choose an action correspondingly.

Humans posses the power of reason. It's man's only tool of knowledge acquisition. It's simply man's nature.

God violates that very nature. Faith, by definition, is accepting something without evidence. By taking something on faith, you do violence to your most important faculty - your mind.

If your God demands something that goes against your conscience, which do you follow and why? Do you do what is right in your heart and risk God's wrath, or do you obey in order to receive reward, you conscience be damned?

Would you step off a cliff if God told you to? Would you marry a woman or man you didn't love?

Human beings are unique in that they possess a consciousness - we are able to use our senses to collect information in our environment, measure them up against our goals, and choose an action correspondingly.

Humans posses the power of reason. It's man's only tool of knowledge acquisition. It's simply man's nature.

God violates that very nature. Faith, by definition, is accepting something without evidence. By taking something on faith, you do violence to your most important faculty - your mind.

Is rejecting something without solid evidence violent to you mind also ?

How about accepting something because so far it's the best theory we have ?

Isn't there something to be said for living with what we think we know but being open to other future possibilites that we throw some catch all title onto----like God for example ?

Is rejecting something without solid evidence violent to you mind also?
Basing a judgement on ill-conceived evidence is wrong. It's wrong in court, and it's wrong in our everyday lives.

If someone told me that Obama was a Muslim, and ended his argument at that, I would reject him. If he then proceeds to give me anecdotal evidence, shoddy associations with radical Islamists, and/or faulty logic to aid his argument, I would still reject him.

There is a difference between studying a theory, and basing further knowledge and arguments upon a theory. I'm all for the scientific method reaching out to the unknown, making predictions, mistakes, and successes. But what I'm not for is allowing those to claim the world is flat, and subsequently building a society around such a false premise.

Is it maybe possible to establish a humanoid relationship with all that is unknown until we finally understand that the answer to everything is 42 ?

:lol: No. We don't know if there is alien life out in the universe. To assume there is or isn't, would be wrong until we find evidence otherwise.

But dang that new movie Paul looks funny, don't it?

Is it maybe possible to establish a humanoid relationship with all that is unknown until we finally understand that the answer to everything is 42 ?

:lol: No. We don't know if there is alien life out in the universe. To assume there is or isn't, would be wrong until we find evidence otherwise.

But dang that new movie Paul looks funny, don't it?

Poppycock--"scientists" speculate all the time. The unknown is their cup of tea and meal ticket.

Do you have a link for that claim, D-Duck?

42 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

42 (forty-two) is the natural number following 41 and preceding 43. The number has received considerable attention in popular culture because of its appearance in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything".

220px-DNA_in_Monty_Python.jpg

Douglas Adams in his first Monty Python appearance, in full surgeon's garb in episode 42.

So Long & Thanks For All The Trading Cards :razz:

I view the Concept as an Oxymoron. Consider a matter that you know to be True, weigh it with Conscience, rather than a preconceived notion of what Someone else told you or read to you about what Someone else claimed God said. If I found voices in my head telling me to kill someone or destroy something, I would be questioning my Sanity, before I question God. ;) Just Saying, JB. You are directly accountable for both what you think, say, and do, and what you fail to think, say and do, you already have the responsibility of your mind, body, and actions, why not accept control??? Sooner or later we all lose the training wheels.

I truly love the way Thoreau put it.....

[17] They who know of no purer sources of truth, who have traced up its stream no higher, stand, and wisely stand, by the Bible and the Constitution, and drink at it there with reverence and humility; but they who behold where it comes trickling into this lake or that pool, gird up their loins once more, and continue their pilgrimage toward its fountain-head.

[18] No man with a genius for legislation has appeared in America. They are rare in the history of the world. There are orators, politicians, and eloquent men, by the thousand; but the speaker has not yet opened his mouth to speak who is capable of settling the much-vexed questions of the day. We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire. Our legislators have not yet learned the comparative value of free-trade and of freedom, of union, and of rectitude, to a nation. They have no genius or talent for comparatively humble questions of taxation and finance, commerce and manufacturers and agriculture. If we were left solely to the wordy wit of legislators in Congress for our guidance, uncorrected by the seasonable experience and the effectual complaints of the people, America would not long retain her rank among the nations. For eighteen hundred years, though perchance I have no right to say it, the New Testament has been written; yet where is the legislator who has wisdom and practical talent enough to avail himself of the light which it sheds on the science of legislation?

[19] The authority of government, even such as I am willing to submit to — for I will cheerfully obey those who know and can do better than I, and in many things even those who neither know nor can do so well — is still an impure one: to be strictly just, it must have the sanction and consent of the governed. It can have no pure right over my person and property but what I concede to it. The progress from an absolute to a limited monarchy, from a limited monarchy to a democracy, is a progress toward a true respect for the individual. Even the Chinese philosopher (8) was wise enough to regard the individual as the basis of the empire. Is a democracy, such as we know it, the last improvement possible in government? Is it not possible to take a step further towards recognizing and organizing the rights of man? There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly. I please myself with imagining a State at least which can afford to be just to all men, and to treat the individual with respect as a neighbor; which even would not think it inconsistent with its own repose if a few were to live aloof from it, not meddling with it, nor embraced by it, who fulfilled all the duties of neighbors and fellow-men. A State which bore this kind of fruit, and suffered it to drop off as fast as it ripened, would prepare the way for a still more perfect and glorious State, which also I have imagined, but not yet anywhere seen.

Thoreau's Civil Disobedience - 3

Poppycock--"scientists" speculate all the time. The unknown is their cup of tea and meal ticket.
Speculation, as the beginning stages of the scientific method, is fine - so long as there is evidence soon coming to determine its validity. Speculation, period, is indeed poppycock.

The statements "I speculate that the sun revolves around the earth" and... "I speculate that God exists" each hold the same amount of validity, none. There is no evidence for either. In the case of the sun and the earth, there is in fact convincing evidence to prove the opposite to be true.

Forum List

Back