God or Conscience?

...if We learn to put God first in all things...

If your God demands something that goes against your conscience, which do you follow and why? Do you do what is right in your heart and risk God's wrath, or do you obey in order to receive reward, you conscience be damned?

Would you step off a cliff if God told you to? Would you marry a woman or man you didn't love?

Human beings are unique in that they possess a consciousness - we are able to use our senses to collect information in our environment, measure them up against our goals, and choose an action correspondingly.

Humans posses the power of reason. It's man's only tool of knowledge acquisition. It's simply man's nature.

God violates that very nature. Faith, by definition, is accepting something without evidence. By taking something on faith, you do violence to your most important faculty - your mind.

Those examples are not within God's character. Believing in God comes with freewill but these are discussions that a non believer has not the capacity to understand.

If your God demands something that goes against your conscience, which do you follow and why? Do you do what is right in your heart and risk God's wrath, or do you obey in order to receive reward, you conscience be damned?

A healthy, well trained, and correctly functioning conscience always agrees with God.

Would killing your son be the act of a healthy, well trained, correctly functioning, conscious?
If my son were a Tory, maybe

Would you step off a cliff if God told you to? Would you marry a woman or man you didn't love?

Human beings are unique in that they possess a consciousness - we are able to use our senses to collect information in our environment, measure them up against our goals, and choose an action correspondingly.

Humans posses the power of reason. It's man's only tool of knowledge acquisition. It's simply man's nature.

God violates that very nature. Faith, by definition, is accepting something without evidence. By taking something on faith, you do violence to your most important faculty - your mind.

Those examples are not within God's character.
Alright, then

making your daughter marry her rapist?

killing the only son you love?

dashing the children against the rocks?

killing the unbelievers?

God is in control of everything isn't he? He grants life and all good things that happens to anyone.
of course and he also controls the bad things HE created and controls* everything* (according to his followers ) even those peaky little knats that crawl up your arm and bit you.
desease ,deformity ,blindness , everything get it
so next time something bad happens to you BLAME GOD THE ALMIGHTY ONE

Last edited:
God is in control of everything isn't he? He grants life and all good things that happens to anyone.
of course and he also controls the bad things HE created and controls* everything* (according to his followers ) even those peaky little knats that crawl up your arm and bit you.

I'll pray God helps you with your spelling and grammar:eusa_pray:

Why do people ask ignorant questions like this?

This is that any answer you give I can attack you for it, kinda bullshit.

When was the last time a god asked anyone to do anything they knew to be wrong?

simply not true....try reading the book of Job.

he gave us freewill...so, ultimately, if we mess up and are suffering for our mistakes that we made all by our lonesome....God can take credit, the buck stops with him.... because he's the one who gave us the freewill....

but i'd hardly call that God making us go astray or making us do good.

Abraham didn't think murdering his son might be wrong?

The thought never crossed the Israelites' minds that cutting open pregnant women might be wrong?

Care, God doesn't try to make people do people as he orders? What about the threat of the lake of fire?

That's like saying I didn't make you suck my dick and give me all the money in your purse- I just put a gun to your head and told you I'd kill you if you didn't.

God or Conscience?

I'll take conscience for 200 please. I don't believe in God but I know I have a conscience.

The thought never crossed the Israelites' minds that cutting open pregnant women might be wrong?

Like I said.

It's a "gotcha" question that only bible haters would ask.

Oh look at the bad parts that I don't get!! Boo hoo gods a big bad meanie meanie bo beanie!!

Don't look at the rest, that just tears my mindless rantings apart.

Like the Thou shall not kill part and the part where he told Abraham to stop.

I'm not even that into the bible and I know you are fucked in the head.

My suggestion; Let it go. climb down off that cross, use the wood to build a bridge and get over it.

religion has no more affect on me than it does you. None.

A healthy, well trained, and correctly functioning conscience always agrees with God.

All that proves is that belief sets are like nipples - everyone has a set and no two sets are exactly alike.

Why try to talk about God on your terms? Can it be done?

If there is a God, (which I doubt) why would he or she care if people talk to him in their own way? Does God have a gender?

Last edited:

The all knowing God already knew that Abraham would not be made to sacrifice his dearly beloved child, He just needed Abraham to learn that lesson....is how i view it...

If there is a God, (which I doubt) why would he or she care if people talk to him in their own way? Does God have a gender?

He doesn't care. Kneeling came about in the Dark Ages. Lords made people kneel to them so people knelt while praying.

Can't recall the details, but there was someone that talked about praying in bed. It's in the Old testement. I got that from a Menonite (-1sp) preacher.

Like the Thou shall not kill part
"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13)

The all knowing God already knew that Abraham would not be made to sacrifice his dearly beloved child, He just needed Abraham to learn that lesson....is how i view it...
And the pregnant women who were torn open? The villages who were killed because one person did not believe? The Hittites, Ammonites, Moabites, and Jesubites?

fter these things that God tested Abraham...
..and said to him ''Abraham, ''...
..and Abraham said ''Here I am. ''
And God said...
.. ''Now take your son, your onIy son whom you Iove, Isaac,...
..and go unto the Iand of Moriah and offer him as a sacrifice...
..on a mountain that I wiII show you. ''
So, everyone, what's reaIIy going on here?
(boy) It was a test of Abraham's faith and devotion to God.
(teacher) Danny?
As usuaI you have something to add?
(Danny) It's not about his faith, it's about God's power.
God says ''You know how powerfuI I am?''
''I can make you do anything I want, no matter how stupid. ''
''Even kiII your own son. ''
''Because I'm everything and you're nothing. ''
(train rumbIes)

Forum List

Back