Go On Record Here About The Mandate

How Do You Feel About A Health Insurance Mandate?

• A Mandate is A Violation of Liberty and Freedom

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • I'm Okay With A Mandate

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I'm Indifferent

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I Think The Government Should Mandate A Voter ID

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
'what planet are you from, mad man? talking to you is like talking to my stools in the toilet'

If your insurance plan does not cover certain things then it is not government approved you fucking moron.

insurance will cover things because insurance industry is regulated. how fucking stupid can a man be? :cuckoo:

So millions of people will be forced to change their plans and pay more.

So in fact you are in favor of the fucking government forcing people to buy specific products even though you say you're not.

Is forcing someone to buy health insurance okay or not?

This is how it works;

If you buy or have ins, you're all good.

If you don't, and are too poor or dumb to get it, everyone else pays for you through taxes.

If you don't, but can, you get taxed on doing nothing.

Yes that's right, the government now taxes nothing.

On the short term....it looks like it will be all to attractive for small businesses to drop you and pay you money to hope into an exchange...whereby you become subsidized in several respects by the American Taxpayer.

Just Great !

Exactly.

Those that don't have insurance will be covered, via this new tax, by all of us who have insurance and who pay taxes.

As usual. The taxpayers and producers will get hosed once more to care for those without.

Just great.

I'm not American, so I would not allow me to judge, and maybe you have good reason to be disagree, but I (really) would like to understand :

I do not understand why you are against this system (tax in exchange for health insurance)

This system exists in France, and even if he is not perfect, it is very beneficial. It is a system based on solidarity. Nobody in France is unhappy with having to pay a fee in exchange for access to care and free education and effective (and, although sometimes it is hard to get his money from his pocket, its for a good cause)

People here say that "the Americans are patriots" but when someone propose a tax, to help your neighbor (or even you one day if you need it), you shout "It's a violation of liberty and freedom"

Really, I do not understand !

Problem is that if you don't pay the fee you are covered by those that do.

Its a problem for me and many others.

Why should I pay for someone elses responsibilities, wants and needs??

You probably grew up with this system so see nothign wrong with paying for your neighbor who pays for nothing.

Thats Europe. This is America and we don't follow the crowd. Never have and hopefully never will.

Problem is that if you don't pay the fee you are covered by those that do.

Its a problem for me and many others.

Why should I pay for someone elses responsibilities, wants and needs??

You probably grew up with this system so see nothign wrong with paying for your neighbor who pays for nothing.

Thats Europe. This is America and we don't follow the crowd. Never have and hopefully never will.
This is the principle of solidarity ! Today, you pay for your neighbor who is sick, but tomorrow, if you can not pay because you lost your job for example, or because it is too expensive, instead of dying, it's your neighbor who pays for you !

This is not to "help others for nothing", it's "helping others, knowing that others will help you if necessary". Its totaly different !

I dont thinks its : "follow the crowd"

I'm not saying the "European system" is the best of course (because you have things that we envy you so much too), I say just, here, it works, and that our health system, although not perfect, is very very good, and we are satisfied.

Maybe you can open your mind has a new system, more "fairplay" no ?

Finally, as I said, I'm not American, and I will not judge you, but I find your answer very "hard" when you say "This is America and we don't follow the crowd. Never have and hopefully never will."

Last edited:
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and you will find folks in this country who will agree with you.

Me, personally? I've never needed anyone to pay for anything for me. I make my own way. Always have. I don't need anyone elses money to take care of my responsibilities.

However we have many in this country who freeload as a matter of course.

My feeling is that if you don't mind paying for someone elses needs then have at it. Unfortunately our Govt has decided that those that have need to support those that don't have and don't want to have. Why would they? They are getting a free ride from those that pay taxes.

As I said, if you have no problem taking care of those folks in your country then good for you.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and you will find folks in this country who will agree with you.

Me, personally? I've never needed anyone to pay for anything for me. I make my own way. Always have. I don't need anyone elses money to take care of my responsibilities.

My feeling is that if you don't mind paying for someone elses needs then have at it. Unfortunately our Govt has decided that those that have need to support those that don't have and don't want to have. Why would they? They are getting a free ride from those that pay taxes.

As I said, if you have no problem taking care of those folks in your country then good for you.
you don't live on a deserted island.

This is how it works;

If you buy or have ins, you're all good.

If you don't, and are too poor or dumb to get it, everyone else pays for you through taxes.

If you don't, but can, you get taxed on doing nothing.

Yes that's right, the government now taxes nothing.

On the short term....it looks like it will be all to attractive for small businesses to drop you and pay you money to hope into an exchange...whereby you become subsidized in several respects by the American Taxpayer.

Just Great !

Exactly.

Those that don't have insurance will be covered, via this new tax, by all of us who have insurance and who pay taxes.

As usual. The taxpayers and producers will get hosed once more to care for those without.

Just great.

Your "understanding" of the ACA is a mystery. Where do you get your information?

If YOU have insurance YOU don't have anything to worry about. YOU will not be paying for the freeloaders....they will be paying for themselves.

A change from all of us paying for the freeloaders.

Inthemiddle hit the nail on the head.

IMO, based on the tax founded constitutionality, what Obama and the Democrats essentially did was raise taxes on every American with a tax credit of 100% of that increase IF you choose to purchase a GOVERNMENT APPROVED insurance policy, or receive a GOVERNMENT APPROVED waiver.

If you can prove that you can't afford a Government Approved healthcare insurance plan, the tax increase will be waived, plus you will receive a tax payer subsidized entitlement to a Government Approved healthcare plan.

Then if it is a tax how come the bill that made it legal did not originate in the House ways and means committee like every other tax?

That's a really good question.

If the rest of Citizens have more expensive coverage because others don't have coverage, and if the rest of us have to pay for those with no coverage when they fall ill, then yes it makes perfect damn sense to me to mandate that if you can afford health coverage, you have to buy it. Everyone who doesn't want to die early or painfully will need it.

I think everyone can not afford medical care (especially in your country, or I heard that some costs can reach thousands of $. Or even more. It's just incredible to have to pay so much for care)

I think it's my civic duty to help others who are sick.

Anyway, I think if one day you are very sick (you, your children or any family member), and you are unable to pay, and that this system is in place, you 'll be glad that your neighbor is paying for you. I am sure!

But, as you say, it's just my opinion (and the general opinion here in France, and Europe)

In fact, I can understand that you do not agree (or as some people want to keep their money for them, and live egoistically). What I dont understand is why so many people are not agree to help others ... It's very strange for me.

But anyway, thank you for your answer :)

LOL, all of sudden Democrats have found a new label for people (Free loaders)

this is their justification for laying fines, penalties and taxes on the people of this country by the FEDERAL Government

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzs3aoRnl0E]2008 Obama: Health Care Should "Never Be Purchased With Tax Increases On Middle Class Families." - YouTube[/ame]

mandate-tax.jpg

What about all the illegals who will still be free loaders?
We all are still paying for their emergency room services.

If the rest of Citizens have more expensive coverage because others don't have coverage, and if the rest of us have to pay for those with no coverage when they fall ill, then yes it makes perfect damn sense to me to mandate that if you can afford health coverage, you have to buy it. Everyone who doesn't want to die early or painfully will need it.

How many young people "fall ill" to the tune of $15K a year?

Most folks would rather pay the $1500 ER bill for the young person with a broken arm, than thousands of dollars a year for the next ten years.

I'd like to see the math comparing ER charity care to annual health insurance premiums. Then we'd know whether or not this will "save money".

Sorry but I have problems with liberal math.

How many young people "fall ill" to the tune of $15K a year?

Most folks would rather pay the $1500 ER bill for the young person with a broken arm, than thousands of dollars a year for the next ten years.

I'd like to see the math comparing ER charity care to annual health insurance premiums. Then we'd know whether or not this will "save money".

Sorry but I have problems with liberal math.

Wait, so you haven't compared the math yet but already formed an opinion? Interesting thought processes.

Forum List

Back