Glorifying the single mother?

It starts with YOU. It's your choice. Stop glorifying them, patronizing them, helping them, in your own personal life.

If millions of people did that, just a simple and small act of rebellion, it would not go unnoticed.

^ :lol: :cuckoo:

As long as individuals make it easy and pleasant for irresponsible single mothers to be irresponsible, they have no complaint. They are complicit.

As long as individuals make it easy and pleasant for irresponsible single mothers to be irresponsible, they have no complaint. They are complicit.

Hell, single mothers shouldn't even be allowed on Facebook, for gawd sake! :mad:

Hell, single mothers shouldn't even be allowed on Facebook, for gawd sake! :mad:

It depends, did you friend a single mother on Facebook? Every time someone helps an irresponsible woman, they are helping her to be irresponsible.

We had a way of dealing with the problem of thoughtless and feckless girls. It was called ostracism and it worked.

We Need To Stop Glorifying Single Mothers | Right Wing News

"Because most of us know single mothers, know how hard they’re working, and wish them well, we do what we can to support them and build them up. That’s very understandable and it undoubtedly does some good. However, because we’re constantly talking about how wonderful single mothers are, we’re also making the option look a lot less scary than it should be to young girls — and that’s a very bad thing for them and for society."

I figured someone out there would have said it better than me :)

Amy, are you a concern troll? Serious question.

People normally don't become single mothers by choice and single motherhood is not a danger to society.

Single motherhood is often a choice. They chose the men, they chose to have sex, often without using protection, and they choose to give birth. No one woke up one day with a baby on their doorstep.

As to "not a danger to society" that depends on how you define it. As has already been pointed out, the children of single mothers have higher risks of drug use, criminal behavior , poverty and are more likely to be single mothers themselves(in the case of girls). Those aren't good for society.

It depends, did you friend a single mother on Facebook? Every time someone helps an irresponsible woman, they are helping her to be irresponsible.

We had a way of dealing with the problem of thoughtless and feckless girls. It was called ostracism and it worked.

Single mothers are fun.:D

Single mothers are fun.:D

Of course they are. They have already indicated a willingness to fuck around and won't even blame the man for the disease or pregnancy! How could they not be fun. No matter what the result, it can be shuffled off to "society".

I know what I've stated was anecdotal evidence, but from as a child to working in the hospital I have seen so much irresponsible people coming and going. Not only do young girls here in California treat the emergency room as a doctor's office, along with young girls using their child as leverage to either keep a man or use it against him all at my hospital. If I could, I could turn my hospital into a real life soap opera.

As a single mom I don't feel proud that I am a single mom. I made a bad choice but we all make bad choices. It isn't something that shouldn't be encouraged, but the new war on single moms by some on the right is very sad.
The stereotypes and judgements I have read in this thread are laughable and very sad.

And I get enough judgment from my Grandma, I don't need a person whom I don't know judging me. You all should be so proud of yourselves.

And I get enough judgment from my Grandma, I don't need a person whom I don't know judging me. You all should be so proud of yourselves.

Who is judging you? I don't even know you.

My posts are discussing a topic in a general sense as we often do on these boards and based on people I have known IRL, my life, I have discussed separately based on first hand knowledge.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6480849-post165.html

Last edited:

Your sensitive to this issue. I'm sorry that you feel judged. Perhaps you shouldn't have clicked the thread if you can't discuss the topic because your too close to the subject matter.

I see my point flew over your head.
You and other have made quite a few judgements about women you don't know. I have read that single moms are whores, use their children to stick it to men, take advAntage of the system, and are horrible at choosing life partners.
Then there are the ones who feel that society should look down on them. So like I said, you guys are judging people you do not know. People become single moms due to many reasons. Instead of judging someone and making them feel bad for their lot in life, try to show some compassion. That might go farther than judgment. Plus it is more Christian like. ;)

Your sensitive to this issue. I'm sorry that you feel judged. Perhaps you shouldn't have clicked the thread if you can't discuss the topic because your too close to the subject matter.
And you could adjust your facebook feed if reading about single mothers upsets you.

Who is judging you? I don't even know you.

My posts are discussing a topic in a general sense as we often do on these boards and based on people I have known IRL, my life, I have discussed separately based on first hand knowledge.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6480849-post165.html

You guys are judging single moms in general. You guys have been since the OP. ;)

And you could adjust your facebook feed if reading about single mothers upsets you.

Exactly!! Many people I know on Facebook annoy me, I just hide them in my newsfeed.
I will also say I have never posted how I am so awesome because I am single mom.
Like most moms I spend most of my time wondering if I am doing this right.

Forum List

Back