Glorifying the single mother?

That's the issue. No one should judge anyone else. Just accept what ever rolls down. That's nonsense. Of course we should make judgments on what kinds of people we will allow into our lives. We don't do it enough.

**********Breaking News**********

Message boards are full of opinions and opposing viewpoints, some judgmental and some even offensive to others.:eek: If your skin is thin or you cry easily when the harsh reality of the big bad world is presented or if you assume every thread is speaking directly to you personally then perhaps message boards are not a healthy place for you.

I have seen what the bad choices made by some selfish parents has caused innocent children and I will not apologize for knowing this personally IRL and believing that not all single parents deserve a trophy. If you are on this thread and you have never met the type of parents I am discussing then you are lucky. That is all this thread was about to me. I don't applaud bad behavior especially where children are concerned.

Exactly.

Do some single mothers deserve a trophy? Absolutely. However simply being a single mother isn't an achievement and shouldn't be praised.

Whether one person's efforts are noteworthy or not is fact sensitive and should be weighed individually. A trophy in any reality does not address any issues that have arisen in this thread, but, speaks to a smug, self satisfied segment of the population who do not realize they may find themselves in those shoes one day. An appreciation for the predicament people find themselves in is a smart move. The issues here are very ordinary ones that effect all of us on some level whether directly on a societal level or more remotely through taxation and the like.

I have seen what the bad choices made by some selfish parents has caused innocent children and I will not apologize for knowing this personally IRL and believing that not all single parents deserve a trophy. If you are on this thread and you have never met the type of parents I am discussing then you are lucky. That is all this thread was about to me. I don't applaud bad behavior especially where children are concerned.

Exactly.

Do some single mothers deserve a trophy? Absolutely. However simply being a single mother isn't an achievement and shouldn't be praised.

Whether one person's efforts are noteworthy or not is fact sensitive and should be weighed individually. A trophy in any reality does not address any issues that have arisen in this thread, but, speaks to a smug, self satisfied segment of the population who do not realize they may find themselves in those shoes one day. An appreciation for the predicament people find themselves in is a smart move. The issues here are very ordinary ones that effect all of us on some level whether directly on a societal level or more remotely through taxation and the like.

Watching children pay for the sins of their parents brings out the passion in some of us. I don't believe that is a smugness as much as it is a pissed off attitude at people who choose knowingly to saddle up with partners who often times others have warned them to run from asap.

Seeing children abused by boyfriends and assorted live ins that some single dating Moms drag through the lives of their children
is worthy of condemnation.

Does anyone deny that what I describes exists?

It starts with YOU. It's your choice. Stop glorifying them, patronizing them, helping them, in your own personal life. If millions of people did that, just a simple and small act of rebellion, it would not go unnoticed.

I doubt many are glorifying single mothers in their personal lives. The only ones doing the glorifying are the pinko types. Unfortunately, the family-haters are wealthy so the media and education systems are saturated with their propaganda. Yet still, these are easy things to tune out if one takes an objective approach.

I like your train of thought, rebellion on an individual level is an excellent idea, though not the proposed actions.

There is nothing wrong with helping people, even if the darn fools got themselves into the predicament they are in. People do have the ability to learn from their mistakes.

I don't know about "glorifying" single mothers. Many of the ones I know are worthy of respect.

That's the issue. No one should judge anyone else. Just accept what ever rolls down. That's nonsense. Of course we should make judgments on what kinds of people we will allow into our lives. We don't do it enough.

oh.. you can make judgments of sorts...

but they should be intelligent and well-reasoned judgments...

and, frankly, if something has no effect on you, its really not your business.

oh.. you can make judgments of sorts...

but they should be intelligent and well-reasoned judgments...

and, frankly, if something has no effect on you, its really not your business.

Woah, we can only discuss things or have opinions on this board about things that affect us directly? Really Jillian? Who has the power to determine what affects each of our personal lives? How much does anyone here know about anyone else IRL?

This board is filled with people posting about all kinds of things and some are pretty intrusive in nature into the actual poster's personal lives and you say the above with a straight face?

and, frankly, if something has no effect on you, its really not your business

First off Luissa I think you're being overly sensitive on this topic. If you scroll back myself and Dreamy were basically discussing the fine line between champion single motherhood and irresponsible mothers. Thus is why we used the word "some" which I also stated that in acknowledging men and women in their struggles and triumphs in single parenthood there needs to be that fine distinction to greatly separate those women who constantly make bad decisions. As mentioned before, most of us discussing this topic have submitted personal accounts, but I think the personal accounts I've submitted focused on the urban community mothers who dwell in the slums with no realistic outlook on life and who get with guys with no future.

Most recently, and without violating HIPAA I will say that my hospital recently received a GSW (Gunshot wound) at our emergency department. I was paged to come and standby to counsel any incoming family members. When the guy came in a woman who rode in the ambulance later identified as the mother of the victim's child. Soon after another woman came also a mother of the victim's child. The man who was shot is a known gang member but of course many of our visitors come from those communities and unfortunately bring those elements to our hospital. You see whenever you deal with the public as I, you encounter the whole gamit of personalities. Due to the area my hospital is based in we get incoming victims from Compton, Watts, South Central, South Gate and other surrounding cities where crime is rampant. So yes for over a decade I have seen single mothers come and go. I have seen young single hispanic young girls with no real family support except extended families champion the mother in the fact that she has a baby but if one evaluates the mother, one finds she has no real income, she lives at home, the childs father is in and out of jail. The mother herself has.no education and now as she brings in a life she.must depend on society to keep her afloat.

So my point in all this is no, women who live in these lifestyles ought to not be celebrated with women who struggled to make ends meet and made it work. In addition I firmly believe its important that a child has an active father in his or her life. I think women like the ones I deal with daily who actively seek out dangerous irresponsible for men are asking to be plunge in the darkness of their own despair of failure because when you're 25, and 28 (like the two baby mommas that came to visit the gunahot victim) and you seek out dangerous men because they seem cool and rebellious all the while you are harming your children because there isn't a second responsible parent there, you dont deserve to be acknowledged as a triumphant single mother.

Last edited:
I don't know about "glorifying" single mothers. Many of the ones I know are worthy of respect.

Good to know Arthur. I wish all were. Some I know are not.

Some single parents are overwhelmed and they aren't praise worthy. They need to ask for more help and they don't.

I've got a single mom who is telling her five year old it's ok if she pees on her clothes in class because the school will give her new clothes. This mom is several generations culture of poverty, and she has low intelligence. The five year old is being taught to scam.

The kid will pick up and take home anything that isn't nailed down.

Last edited:
First off Luissa I think you're being overly sensitive on this topic. If you scroll back myself and Dreamy were basically discussing the fine line between champion single motherhood and irresponsible mothers. Thus is why we used the word "some" which I also stated that in acknowledging men and women in their struggles and triumphs in single parenthood there needs to be that fine distinction to greatly separate those women who constantly make bad decisions. As mentioned before, most of us discussing this topic have submitted personal accounts, but I think the personal accounts I've submitted focused on the urban community mothers who dwell in the slums with no realistic outlook on life and who get with guys with no future.

Most recently, and without violating HIPAA I will say that my hospital recently received a GSW (Gunshot wound) at our emergency department. I was paged to come and standby to counsel any incoming family members. When the guy came in a woman who rode in the ambulance later identified as the mother of the victim's child. Soon after another woman came also a mother of the victim's child. The man who was shot is a known gang member but of course many of our visitors come from those communities and unfortunately bring those elements to our hospital. You see whenever you deal with the public as I, you encounter the whole gamit of personalities. Due to the area my hospital is based in we get incoming victims from Compton, Watts, South Central, South Gate and other surrounding cities where crime is rampant. So yes for over a decade I have seen single mothers come and go. I have seen young single hispanic young girls with no real family support except extended families champion the mother in the fact that she has a baby but if one evaluates the mother, one finds she has no real income, she lives at home, the childs father is in and out of jail. The mother herself has.no education and now as she brings in a life she.must depend on society to keep her afloat.

So my point in all this is no, women who live in these lifestyles ought to not be celebrated with women who struggled to make ends meet and made it work. In addition I firmly believe its important that a child has an active father in his or her life. I think women like the ones I deal with daily who actively seek out dangerous irresponsible for men are asking to be plunge in the darkness of their own despair of failure because when you're 25, and 28 (like the two baby mommas that came to visit the gunahot victim) and you seek out dangerous men because they seem cool and rebellious all the while you are harming your children because there isn't a second responsible parent there, you dont deserve to be acknowledged as a triumphant single mother.

It sounds like you are either at Harbor UCLA, or St. Francis in Inglewood.

Some single parents are overwhelmed and they aren't praise worthy. They need to ask for more help and they don't.

I've got a single mom who is telling her five year old it's ok if she pees on her clothes in class because the school will give her new clothes. This mom is several generations culture of poverty, and she has low intelligence. The five year old is being taught to scam.

How can she be of low intelligence if she's a con artist? Con artists are known for their intelligence.

She's not a con artist and it was never claimed she was. She's a beggar and like beggars all over the world, they increase their income the more pitiful they are. In India beggars break their children's bones and let them heal as twisted limbs. It makes the children more pathetic. Now that indicates SOME level of intelligence, but not much.

I could give many examples of single mothers and fathers failing badly over and over and sometime baby after baby. Most have been offered help and assistance from government and family. Some have failed to learn from their own hard lessons. Normally I would simply shrug but when innocent children are involved I do not.

Ex. Mom-age 18 makes oops baby with 18 year old Dad
Tries to play house but both can't stand each other just months after little daughter is born. Money woes are the driving force. Teenage angst is also in play. They split.

4 years later same Mom gets pregnant again with new Dad. She is working at some dead end low paying job and he is unemployed dealing drugs at low levels. She lives with her own Mom and gives birth to new baby boy. Woo Hoo.

Same Mom gets out of control at low level job and gets fired. Same Dad is still unemployed.

Same Mom gets preggos again within one year by 2nd Dad who is now doing no drug dealing or working.

Welfare is now their source of income and they move into crappy apartment in bad side of town. He moves in. Still no jobs. Oldest child starts school.

They get evicted from apartment and now move into his mother's basement. Oldest child must change schools.

Mom and Dad sit home and play video games and eat too much. Post lots of pics on FB of their growing family. How proud she is of her ability to screw men and birth babies. Said Mother had several meltdowns on FB when anyone dares to comment in a negative manner to her IRL apparently. C*nt is her favorite word. Dammit she wants her single Mommy trophy!! How dare you think she is a loser. How dare anyone judge her!!

How about this novel idea. Let's praise the parents who are truly good parents and stop pretending everyone deserves a freaking trophy because they had sex and birthed a child!

Last edited:

It sounds like you are either at Harbor UCLA, or St. Francis in Inglewood.

Very good guess.....!

Actually St. Francis is in Lynwood not inglewood and yes I work at both hospitals. I work per deim at Harbor UCLA.

How can she be of low intelligence if she's a con artist? Con artists are known for their intelligence.
There are low intelligence criminals.

She doesn't need genius IQ to figure out the school will give her kids clothes if she wets them.

Last edited:

I could give many examples of single mothers and fathers failing badly over and over and sometime baby after baby. Most have been offered help and assistance from government and family. Some have failed to learn from their own hard lessons. Normally I would simply shrug but when innocent children are involved I do not.

Ex. Mom-age 18 makes oops baby with 18 year old Dad
Tries to play house but both can't stand each other just months after little daughter is born. Money woes are the driving force. Teenage angst is also in play. They split.

4 years later same Mom gets pregnant again with new Dad. She is working at some dead end low paying job and he is unemployed dealing drugs at low levels. She lives with her own Mom and gives birth to new baby boy. Woo Hoo.

Same Mom gets out of control at low level job and gets fired. Same Dad is still unemployed.

Same Mom gets preggos again within one year by 2nd Dad who is now doing no drug dealing or working.

Welfare is now their source of income and they move into crappy apartment in bad side of town. He moves in. Still no jobs. Oldest child starts school.

They get evicted from apartment and now move into his mother's basement. Oldest child must change schools.

Mom and Dad sit home and play video games and eat too much. Post lots of pics on FB of their growing family. How proud she is of her ability to screw men and birth babies. Said Mother had several meltdowns on FB when anyone dares to comment in a negative manner to her IRL apparently. C*nt is her favorite word. Dammit she wants her single Mommy trophy!! How dare you think she is a loser. How dare anyone judge her!!

How about this novel idea. Let's praise the parents who are truly good parents and stop pretending everyone deserves a freaking trophy because they had sex and birthed a child!

Anti-abortion fanatics don't get to complain about crappy parents. Some people shouldn't have kids and they do. That's life.

sad isnt it?

At one point in time.... parents would do anything it took to so that their children would live a better life then the ones they have..

Now.... with entitlements, why bother when you can make a living scamming.

Anti-abortion fanatics don't get to complain about crappy parents. Some people shouldn't have kids and they do. That's life.

The parent who kills their own child isn't "crappy"?
:confused:

I guess we could chalk that up as another fine example of pinko logic.

Pro-Abortion baby butchering zealots can't kill every "undesirable" child, yep that's life.
Those horrible poor people will still keep on having babies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back