global warming is a made up political stepping stone to cap and trade

do you believe in global warming crisis as proposed by al gore in an inconvenient truth ?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • maybe, still undecided.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
this came up in another thread but it's threadworthy.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.”

More Than 15 000 Scientists Protest Kyoto Accord Speak Out Against Global Warming Myth - Capitalism Magazine

Cap and trade is a market-based policy tool for protecting human health and the environment by controlling large amounts of emissions from a group of sources. A cap and trade program first sets an aggressivecap, or maximum limit, on emissions.

is this a just for liberals issue ? personally i have always thought it was a joke. al gore is a joke too.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.”

More Than 15 000 Scientists Protest Kyoto Accord Speak Out Against Global Warming Myth - Capitalism Magazine

Cap and trade is a market-based policy tool for protecting human health and the environment by controlling large amounts of emissions from a group of sources. A cap and trade program first sets an aggressivecap, or maximum limit, on emissions.

is this a just for liberals issue ? personally i have always thought it was a joke. al gore is a joke too.

Nice Try.

That 15,000 Scientists list was debunked TEN YEARS AGO.

Most of them are dentists and Chiropractors.

if you have to re-hash a 10-year-old lie to try to make your point - you don't really have a very good point now do you?

I believe that the motivation for Cap & Trade is more political than ecological: It is a way to massively raise taxes without the public realizing it.

• Banned

Nice Try.

well, i don't think so bigtype. my old man was no rube.

• Banned
  • Banned
I believe that the motivation for Cap & Trade is more political than ecological: It is a way to massively raise taxes without the public realizing it.
thank you, the overall political ramifications are what make this liberal/democrat partyconquest controversial. and mr. gore. whom actually/ultimately blamed himself and "big" tobacco (sic) for his sister's death at a political convention speech.

• Banned
how much CO2 do people give off.

global warming people that the middle of the earth is boiling rock, and the sun will burn out soon.... right ?? :cool:

global warming people that the middle of the earth is boiling rock, and the sun will burn out soon.... right ?? :cool:
you didn't just write this? What do you think the earth is if it isn't a boiling rock. Why do you supposed we have lava? If you were to dig to China, You'd be burned up by the boiling lava. But hey, what do I know.

Sadly for the waming hoaxers the sun has gone quiet which means we are entering a period of cooling.

8 45 AM The sun is now virtually blank during the weakest solar cycle in more than a century Vencore Weather

We don't yet know how cool it will get. It might get ice age cold. As it is, extended winter in the world is keeping the ski resorts open.
My goodness, a period of cooling with 12 of the 13 warmest years since 2000. Yessirreee........... that makes a lot of sense.

you didn't just write this? What do you think the earth is if it isn't a boiling rock. Why do you supposed we have lava? If you were to dig to China, You'd be burned up by the boiling lava. But hey, what do I know.
Damned little.

SKEPTICISM ABOUT SKEPTICS

Many conservatives regard the "scientific consensus" about global warming as a media concoction. After all, didn't 17,100 skeptical scientists sign a petition circulated in 1998 by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine? (See Home - Global Warming Petition Project and www.prwatch.org/improp/oism.html on the World Wide Web.)

Scientific American took a random sample of 30 of the 1,400 signatories claiming to hold a Ph.D. in a climate-related science. Of the 26 we were able to identify in various databases, 11 said they still agreed with the petition—one was an active climate researcher, two others had relevant expertise, and eight signed based on an informal evaluation. Six said they would not sign the petition today, three did not remember any such petition, one had died, and five did not answer repeated messages. Crudely extrapolating, the petition supporters include a core of about 200 climate researchers‐a respectable number, though rather a small fraction of the climatological community.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060823...articleID=0004F43C-DC1A-1C6E-84A9809EC588EF21

In other words, the OISM signatories represent a small fraction (~0.3%) of all science graduates, even when we use the OISM’s own definition of a scientist.

However, as mentioned above, it’s entirely reasonable to ask whether a veterinarian orforestry manager or electrical engineer should qualify as a scientist. If we remove all the engineers, medical professionals, computer scientists, and mathematicians, then the 31,478 “scientists” turn into 13,245 actual scientists, as opposed to scientists according to the OISM’s expansive definition. Of course, not all of them are working in science, but since some medical professionals and statisticians do work in science, it’s still a reasonable quick estimate.

Guest post scrutinising the 31 000 scientists in the OISM Petition Project

That is, of course, assuming all the signatures were legitamate.

Nice Try.

well, i don't think so bigtype. my old man was no rube.
Well, for sure, you are. Look, you have already exposed your massive ignorance on this subject, so here is where you can begin to reduce that ignorance. It is a site of the American Institute of Physics, the single biggest Scientific Society in the world.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Sadly for the waming hoaxers the sun has gone quiet which means we are entering a period of cooling.

8 45 AM The sun is now virtually blank during the weakest solar cycle in more than a century Vencore Weather

We don't yet know how cool it will get. It might get ice age cold. As it is, extended winter in the world is keeping the ski resorts open.
My goodness, a period of cooling with 12 of the 13 warmest years since 2000. Yessirreee........... that makes a lot of sense.
hahahahahahahahahahaha, fudge reports!!!! LOL

Damned little.
obviously more than him. I know the earth is a hot rock with molten lava.

SKEPTICISM ABOUT SKEPTICS

Many conservatives regard the "scientific consensus" about global warming as a media concoction. After all, didn't 17,100 skeptical scientists sign a petition circulated in 1998 by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine? (See Home - Global Warming Petition Project and www.prwatch.org/improp/oism.html on the World Wide Web.)

Scientific American took a random sample of 30 of the 1,400 signatories claiming to hold a Ph.D. in a climate-related science. Of the 26 we were able to identify in various databases, 11 said they still agreed with the petition—one was an active climate researcher, two others had relevant expertise, and eight signed based on an informal evaluation. Six said they would not sign the petition today, three did not remember any such petition, one had died, and five did not answer repeated messages. Crudely extrapolating, the petition supporters include a core of about 200 climate researchers‐a respectable number, though rather a small fraction of the climatological community.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060823...articleID=0004F43C-DC1A-1C6E-84A9809EC588EF21

In other words, the OISM signatories represent a small fraction (~0.3%) of all science graduates, even when we use the OISM’s own definition of a scientist.

However, as mentioned above, it’s entirely reasonable to ask whether a veterinarian orforestry manager or electrical engineer should qualify as a scientist. If we remove all the engineers, medical professionals, computer scientists, and mathematicians, then the 31,478 “scientists” turn into 13,245 actual scientists, as opposed to scientists according to the OISM’s expansive definition. Of course, not all of them are working in science, but since some medical professionals and statisticians do work in science, it’s still a reasonable quick estimate.

Guest post scrutinising the 31 000 scientists in the OISM Petition Project

That is, of course, assuming all the signatures were legitamate.
I thought it 31,000 right? Wasn't that the number posted?
from wikipedia: "According to Robinson, the petition has over 31,000 signatories. Over 9,000 report to have a Ph.D.,[1][2][3] mostly in engineering.[5] The NIPCC (2009) Report lists 31,478 degreed signatories"

hmmmmmmmmm

The joke is on you, and it isn't funny. My question for you is are you willfully ignorant or just stupid?

NOAA CO2 emissions officially exceed safe global limit State Column

The joke is on you, and it isn't funny. My question for you is are you willfully ignorant or just stupid?

back at you!

back at you!

Do you have a point to make?

Forum List

Back