Global Ice loss accelerating.

And you are ignoring the scientists who say the rate of melt has excellerated because of man made global warming. Why do you do that?

So what?

President Biden's decision to bring America into the Paris Accords was supposed to resolve the supposed "climate change crisis".

The liberal strategy to solve this problem- assuming it is a problem- has proven to be a complete flop.

So what?

President Biden's decision to bring America into the Paris Accords was supposed to resolve the supposed "climate change crisis".

The liberal strategy to solve this problem- assuming it is a problem- has proven to be a complete flop.
You really need to watch this movie

Don't Look Up is a 2021 American satirical science fiction film. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence as two astronomers attempting to warn humanity about an approaching comet that will destroy human civilization. The comet is an analogy for climate change and the film is a satire of government and media indifference to the climate crisis.

World opinion is divided among those who demand destruction of the comet, those who decry alarmism and believe that mining the comet will create jobs, and those who deny that the comet even exists.

You really need to watch this movie

Don't Look Up is a 2021 American satirical science fiction film. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence as two astronomers attempting to warn humanity about an approaching comet that will destroy human civilization. The comet is an analogy for climate change and the film is a satire of government and media indifference to the climate crisis.

World opinion is divided among those who demand destruction of the comet, those who decry alarmism and believe that mining the comet will create jobs, and those who deny that the comet even exists.

I will certainly keep an eye out for the film when it makes it on TV.

However, it isn't really applicable to "climate change", as virtually every country in the world has signed the Paris Accords now with Brandon's signature on it.

A lot of Americans think the idea of climate change is bullshit, but we aren't in power, so that shouldn't make any difference to the warmists.

However, it isn't really applicable to "climate change", as virtually every country in the world has signed the Paris Accords now with Brandon's signature on it.

A lot of Americans think the idea of climate change is bullshit, but we aren't in power, so that shouldn't make any difference to the warmists.
Isaac Asimov

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”​

Until you win the next election and roll back all the protections and open up the pipe lines again.

You guys say, "we've been trying it your way for 40 years". Not really. Every other 8 years isn't good enough. But it might be that the 16 out of 32 years us being in charge is why things aren't even worse than they already are. The only way you'll ever admit we are right is if we are doomed. Even then I bet you won't admit you are wr Wro wron. Just can't say it. I suspect even at the moment we are proven right, you'll say there was nothing we could have done about it anyways. And in a way, you're right. The world is going to be uninhabitable for humans eventually no matter what we do. So why bother trying to put off the inevitable? Is that how you feel? Well I'd rather the human race get an extra 1 million years not a million less. But what do you care you'll be long dead and living in heaven right?

Until you win the next election and roll back all the protections and open up the pipe lines again.

You guys say, "we've been trying it your way for 40 years". Not really. Every other 8 years isn't good enough. But it might be that the 16 out of 32 years us being in charge is why things aren't even worse than they already are. The only way you'll ever admit we are right is if we are doomed. Even then I bet you won't admit you are wr Wro wron. Just can't say it. I suspect even at the moment we are proven right, you'll say there was nothing we could have done about it anyways. And in a way, you're right. The world is going to be uninhabitable for humans eventually no matter what we do. So why bother trying to put off the inevitable? Is that how you feel? Well I'd rather the human race get an extra 1 million years not a million less. But what do you care you'll be long dead and living in heaven right?

Right now its time for you libs to perform and deliver for the American people, then.

If living standards rise, taxes fall and freedom increases, you won't have to worry about losing the next election.

Right now its time for you libs to perform and deliver for the American people, then.

If living standards rise, taxes fall and freedom increases, you won't have to worry about losing the next election.
Freedom increases? I think the people hoping for that crap are going to vote GOP no matter what.

I thought companies can't find workers? Why aren't living standards rising? I just found out I got a $1400 holiday bonus. Not to mention a 4% cost of living raise.

I think you republicans are behind the curve. You don't realize we have a people shortage. There's a reason Biden is giving a child tax credit. No one's having any kids. And you don't want immigration to go up. But our kids won't work at McDonalds. What do you want the government to do? More tax breaks? Do rich people need more tax breaks too or just you?

Not really. Severe drought has lead to a dust bowl and desertification in Syria and elsewhere.

World precipitation has been increasing for decades now, from the EPA

Figure 2. Precipitation Worldwide, 1901–2019

1645314929653.png

===

From NASA showing that we live in a GREENING world, deserts are shrinking

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

red bolding mine

It requires additional moisture to support that increase in greening.

There are always some droughts somewhere in the world thus you're whining about them doesn't help you here.

Attachments

• 1645377443450.png
    1645377443450.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 25
World precipitation has been increasing for decades now, from the EPA

Figure 2. Precipitation Worldwide, 1901–2019

1645314929653.png

===

From NASA showing that we live in a GREENING world, deserts are shrinking

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

red bolding mine

It requires additional moisture to support that increase in greening.

There are always some droughts somewhere in the world thus you're whining about them doesn't help you here.
I hope you are right. Weather extremes are bringing drought and fires out West. KSA is gearing up and they already have 300 recharge dams to capture ground water. We always prefer to spend our money on weapons and ignore things like drought, floods and rising sea levels.

I hope you are right. Weather extremes are bringing drought and fires out West. KSA is gearing up and they already have 300 recharge dams to capture ground water. We always prefer to spend our money on weapons and ignore things like drought, floods and rising sea levels.

I agree we waste massive amounts of money on military, but we are overreacting on sea level still at the 2.2mm as has been for years with no acceleration and worldwide fires that have been decreasing for 20 years now according to NASA satellite data which means another topic being overreacted on.

NASA decline in worldwide fires,

Building a Long-Term Record of Fire

(Chart in the link)

This chart below is updated to year 2021:

1645379287152.png

LINK

Weather extremes have been declining for years too another area warmist/alarmists overreact to with their LIES since the NOAA data shows DECLINE in Major Tornadoes and Hurricane frequency trends.

1645379380439.png

1645379421297.png

I agree we waste massive amounts of money on military, but we are overreacting on sea level still at the 2.2mm as has been for years with no acceleration and worldwide fires that have been decreasing for 20 years now according to NASA satellite data which means another topic being overreacted on.

NASA decline in worldwide fires,

Building a Long-Term Record of Fire

(Chart in the link)

This chart below is updated to year 2021:

View attachment 604078

LINK

Weather extremes have been declining for years too another area warmist/alarmists overreact to with their LIES since the NOAA data shows DECLINE in Major Tornadoes and Hurricane frequency trends.

View attachment 604079

View attachment 604080
"Ryan Maue" is Another climate denial clown
a meteorologist.
One of Tommy's extensive stable of Inscrutable Link DUMP graphs that show "Its actually Not getting warmer" even though it is by any sane measure.

`

Last edited:
And you are ignoring the scientists who say the rate of melt has excellerated because of man made global warming. Why do you do that?

Noticed you didn't address my Glacier Bay post at all thus YOU know it is true the melting that started long before 1950 which mean that CO2 has little to with it after all the LIA officially ended in the mid 1800's which is WHY there is melting back to a lower value since then after having built up for about 3 CENTURUES during the LIA time.

DUH!

Meanwhile it appears that the usual gang of warmist/alarmists in the thread still don't understand POST 55 at all where it shows just how small the melting is which I will show by charts for the science impaired warmist/alarmists to handle hopefully their heads don't blow up.

1645387313956.png

1645387334731.png

But that is because their brains are not capable of realizing what is the true size of the Ice fields of these two locations,

1645387415986.png

1645387433116.png

Let's see if they finally realized how badly they were snookered.... but I doubt it.

From the polar caps to the glaciers of Europe, Asia and South America, global warming is melting the planet’s ice faster than ever and speeding the inundation of the world’s coastlines.

New research shows the annual melt rate grew from 0.8 trillion tons in the 1990s to 1.3 trillion tons by 2017, and has accelerated most in the places with the most ice—the Greenland and Antarctic ice shelves and sheets.

Those massive systems of land and sea-based ice are melting as fast as the worst-case climate scenarios in major global climate reports, said Thomas Slater, a co-author of the new study in The Cryosphere that measured the meltdown from 1994 to 2017, which covers a timespan when every decade was warmer than the previous one and also includes the 20 warmest years on record.

Thank Heaven’s we have a wonderful new President who is taking this threat seriously.
And what?

30 mile pile up on the roads. Ice!! Where’d it come from?

Forum List

Back