Glenn Beck: My DC rally will ‘reclaim the civil rights movement’

It is hard to reclaim the civil rights movement, when only white people show up. Just sayin!

I did not know you were blessed with the gift of seeing into the future. What does mine hold?

So the over whelming majority at every other Tea Party event wasn't white?
How about RNC? Do they have a lot of minorities who are members?

One thing I do know for sure, if there is a black person there, they will take a picture of them. And of course will say, " See, we do have black people involved in our movement."

An overwhelming majority of America is white, so what's your point?

The GOP has 35 black candidates running for office this November, how many blacks are on the DNC ticket?

It will be interesting to see all the hate come out from the protesters...I'm sure they will have their signs. They won't be able to mix in with the Beck crowd because the Beckers won't have signs...this should be good. I'm sure there will be aerial photos to give an unquestionable assertion as to the size of the crowd. I figure there will be some lame ass attempt at stirring up a racial attack by a Beck supporter within the first hour. I certainly hope that the Beck haters don't lose control and actually hurt someone. I can't wait for the footage to roll of all the angry leftards. I wish I could be there...just to see the contrast. It should be very interesting.

There is a Professor at a US University who is an expert in estimating crowd numbers. I've already been in touch with him to ask if he'll be looking at it. He says he will be. However, he will not (for political reasons) not give an official expert estimate. What I find most interesting is his reason for not going public with a figure. Hmmmmm.

An estimate is nothing more than an educated guess.

I did not know you were blessed with the gift of seeing into the future. What does mine hold?

One thing I do know for sure, if there is a black person there, they will take a picture of them. And of course will say, " See, we do have black people involved in our movement."

The GOP has 35 black candidates running for office this November, how many blacks are on the DNC ticket?

*searches google*

Enough so they don't have to count and post the number online like a party talking point.

It is hard to reclaim the civil rights movement, when only white people show up. Just sayin!

Then they'd better dress well, comb their hair and brush their teeth...they'll be on camera.

As I have already pointed out for you...this is a lie.

There are 35 black candidates running to WIN the GOP nomination for congressional office. The GOP has not picked them yet....they have to win their primaries. Maybe we can revisit these 35 later to see how many got picked.....ok?

*searches google*

Enough so they don't have to count and post the number online like a party talking point.

Black Republicans: Delusional or Trendsetters? | Clutch Magazine: The Digital Magazine for the Young, Contemporary Woman of Color

Photos of Black Republican Candidates in in 2010

Perhaps this site would be more believable to you.

Cynthia Gordy: 32 Black Republicans Running for Congress--Can They Win?

Notice one website states 35 the other 32, either way it's still quite a few.

I might add that the Republicans don't focus on race and would never exploit these candidates as a mere talking point.

Last edited:

*searches google*

Black Republicans: Delusional or Trendsetters? | Clutch Magazine: The Digital Magazine for the Young, Contemporary Woman of Color

I might add that the Republicans don't focus on race and would never exploit these candidates as a mere talking point.

i love unintentional irony.

It will be interesting to see all the hate come out from the protesters...I'm sure they will have their signs. They won't be able to mix in with the Beck crowd because the Beckers won't have signs...this should be good. I'm sure there will be aerial photos to give an unquestionable assertion as to the size of the crowd. I figure there will be some lame ass attempt at stirring up a racial attack by a Beck supporter within the first hour. I certainly hope that the Beck haters don't lose control and actually hurt someone. I can't wait for the footage to roll of all the angry leftards. I wish I could be there...just to see the contrast. It should be very interesting.

There is a Professor at a US University who is an expert in estimating crowd numbers. I've already been in touch with him to ask if he'll be looking at it. He says he will be. However, he will not (for political reasons) not give an official expert estimate. What I find most interesting is his reason for not going public with a figure. Hmmmmm.
oooooooooooooooooo! Is this one of your secret sources? I have a friend that is a statistician, I'll ask her to estimate the crowd and then not give an official estimate for political reasons. :lol:

You really don't know much, do you? You're like one of those 'Palin says she can see Russia from her house' droolers..... No she didn't. And I never claimed 'secret' sources - I state that I have access to people who provide cold, hard fact to media - it is what the media do with that cold hard fact that you get. It's not my fault the US media is crap and it's not my fault that you're dumb enough to believe them. Personally, I prefer the cold, hard fact guys.

FYI: A statistician can't estimate a crowd, you moron.

Why do you insist on repeating lies, Ravi? Can you not argue without resorting to spin? Maybe you work for MSNBC? Just for sheer entertainment.... go find the post where I said I have access to 'secret sources'. Go ahead, I'll wait. Alternatively, you can say 'ok, I lied' and we'll call it quits at that.

Last edited:

*searches google*

lol ...

For real, right?

I mean, that's one fuck of a self pwn.

Glenn Beck's popularity among the narrow group he champions is not an indication of his honesty vis-a-vis political philosophy. If you shout anything loudly enough and over a long enough period of time, there are going to be some folks who, bereft of education and knowledge of history, eager to believe it. Popularity does not equate to quality of thought. If this were true, we would have to agree that Lady Gaga is more talented musically than Chopin.

Beck knew fool well that his August 28th date was the anniversary of Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech. There's no way a reservation for the Lincoln Memorial could be made without this knowledge by someone somewhere.

Beck is going to shovel more coal on any fire of controversy as this is his milieu. To ignore self-promoting controversy is tantamount to taking money out of his wallet and distributing it to the hungry and homeless. He ain't gonna do it.

There will be thousands of folks at his rally. From right here in the Pittsburgh area (about five hours from D.C.) there are several bus tour companies chartering rides. Maybe Beck's next rally will be at a stadium and they can parade at night with torches!

So I guess that no-one but a group of "fill in the blank" can celebrate civil rights and all the goodness MLK was about? I say "fill in the blank" because I am not quite sure who is allowed to do this without getting the lefts panties in a wad. I was under the impression that The Lincoln Memorial was there for all Americans. I was also under the impression that civil rights also included me... a white guy. Guess I was wrong.

There is something being lost in all of this though.... All procedes from the event are going to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. This non-profit provides support and assistance to the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel. This includes 60,000 of America's elite troops such as Navy SEALs, Army Green Berets and Rangers, Air force combat controllers and Marine Corps special operators.

Special Operations Warrior Foundation

Restoring Honor is just a part of it, just like the civil rights aspect of it.... Its all part in parcel of a day to celebrate the goodness of Americans of all races and credes.

Cant we set aside our differences for just one weekend and think about what Martin Luther King might think of it all.
I personally think he would be proud to see blacks, whites, and latinos all coming together to honor him and our wonderful soldiers.

Anyways... thought I'd ask.
Ask away! There's my post right above this one. Please highlight precisely where I claimed: "no-one but a group of "fill in the blank" can celebrate civil rights and all the goodness MLK was about?"

When fishing, use the right bait.

lol ...

For real, right?

I mean, that's one fuck of a self pwn.

almost as good as his handle

*searches google*

What's ironic about it?

What's ironic about it?

oh, nothing, really. you just go on and on about how many black candidates there are in the GOP and then state that republicans would never exploit the candidates as a talking point.

hello? :rofl:

Glenn Beck's popularity among the narrow group he champions is not an indication of his honesty vis-a-vis political philosophy. If you shout anything loudly enough and over a long enough period of time, there are going to be some folks who, bereft of education and knowledge of history, eager to believe it. Popularity does not equate to quality of thought. If this were true, we would have to agree that Lady Gaga is more talented musically than Chopin.

Beck knew fool well that his August 28th date was the anniversary of Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech. There's no way a reservation for the Lincoln Memorial could be made without this knowledge by someone somewhere.

Beck is going to shovel more coal on any fire of controversy as this is his milieu. To ignore self-promoting controversy is tantamount to taking money out of his wallet and distributing it to the hungry and homeless. He ain't gonna do it.

There will be thousands of folks at his rally. From right here in the Pittsburgh area (about five hours from D.C.) there are several bus tour companies chartering rides. Maybe Beck's next rally will be at a stadium and they can parade at night with torches!

So I guess that no-one but a group of "fill in the blank" can celebrate civil rights and all the goodness MLK was about? I say "fill in the blank" because I am not quite sure who is allowed to do this without getting the lefts panties in a wad. I was under the impression that The Lincoln Memorial was there for all Americans. I was also under the impression that civil rights also included me... a white guy. Guess I was wrong.

There is something being lost in all of this though.... All procedes from the event are going to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. This non-profit provides support and assistance to the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel. This includes 60,000 of America's elite troops such as Navy SEALs, Army Green Berets and Rangers, Air force combat controllers and Marine Corps special operators.

Restoring Honor is just a part of it, just like the civil rights aspect of it.... Its all part in parcel of a day to celebrate the goodness of Americans of all races and credes.

Cant we set aside our differences for just one weekend and think about what Martin Luther King might think of it all.
I personally think he would be proud to see blacks, whites, and latinos all coming together to honor him and our wonderful soldiers.

Ask away! There's my post right above this one. Please highlight precisely where I claimed: "no-one but a group of "fill in the blank" can celebrate civil rights and all the goodness MLK was about?"

Honestly? The CRM was about those who didn't enjoy such at the time. Black people, Gay people, female people. WTF are White Males trying to bet back besides the subjugation OF those people for their own privilege and PLACE?

IMO there are only two sets of people who support Beck's rally: The truly stupid and racists. Not much can be done about the truly stupid, but for racists the best practice is to call them out. Of course for truly stupid racists (for the two sets do intersect, somewhere in Texas I suspect) it's best to simply distract them and remind them that Beck's purpose and hidden agenda is to rally for gay marriage. For like Ken Melhman, Mr. Beck is a closeted one of them.

Last edited:

Honestly? The CRM was about those who didn't enjoy such at the time. Black people, Gay people, female people. WTF are White Males trying to bet back besides the subjugation OF those people for their own privilege and PLACE?
It never fails to amaze. Conservatives actively defeated the Equal Rights Amendment and then they claim to have no animus toward women. That they are for women's rights and support working women in their struggle for equal pay for equal work.

Conservatives actively oppose gay marriage and demean gay folks as sick and abominations. Then, they claim to be for civil rights for all Americans.

Conservatives want to abolish affirmative action and social programs like Section 8 housing and Aid for Dependant Children. Then, they say they are not racists at all! That they are the true champions of civil rights!

Conservatives rail against multi-cultralism and diversity. Then they stand with incredulity when they are labeled bigots and racists and homophobes.

It's amazing, ain't it?

It never fails to amaze. Conservatives actively defeated the Equal Rights Amendment and then they claim to have no animus toward women. That they are for women's rights and support working women in their struggle for equal pay for equal work.

Conservatives actively oppose gay marriage and demean gay folks as sick and abominations. Then, they claim to be for civil rights for all Americans.

Conservatives want to abolish affirmative action and social programs like Section 8 housing and Aid for Dependant Children. Then, they say they are not racists at all! That they are the true champions of civil rights!

Conservatives rail against multi-cultralism and diversity. Then they stand with incredulity when they are labeled bigots and racists and homophobes.

It's amazing, ain't it?

Ans sexists!

:udaman:

Why the fuck does this bother you liberal idiots so much? Why do you even care? It's not hurting you in any fashion so stop your fucking whining about it. Grow the fuck up for pete's sake!

THIS, coming from the guy who is opposed to gay marriage. Seriously? You don't see the hypocrisy of what you said? What am I saying....of course you don't.

black republicans: Delusional or trendsetters? | clutch magazine: The digital magazine for the young, contemporary woman of color

photos of black republican candidates in in 2010

perhaps this site would be more believable to you.

cynthia gordy: 32 black republicans running for congress--can they win?

notice one website states 35 the other 32, either way it's still quite a few.

I might add that the republicans don't focus on race and would never exploit these candidates as a mere talking point.

what's ironic about it?

lmao

Forum List

Back