Glenn Beck CPAC 2010

CMike,

What did you take away from the totality of Beck's speech?

What was his overall general message?

Thanks for the compliment earlier, but if you think Beck was ONLY bashing the GOP, you weren't paying attention. I posted this because too many of you lefties refuse to believe that anybody on the right will criticize the GOP and also to answer those who keep posting over ....and over.... and over.... and over.... that Beck shills for the GOP.

Did you listen to the speech? I linked it. If you did, then you wouldn't have a hard time believing that he made those points. He has been making them for a very long time now, which makes it to CPAC's credit that they made him their keynote speaker.

CMike,

The danger of progressives/liberals and how their policies fuck up this country. And when conservative policies are implemented the country prospers.

What progressive/liberal policies have effed up the country?

And what conservative/regressive policies have made the country prospe?

I'll give you the past 40 years....Have at it.

CMike,

The danger of progressives/liberals and how their policies fuck up this country. And when conservative policies are implemented the country prospers.

I answered this identical question on the other thread where it belong.

Please comment on the points Glenn Beck makes in his speech here.

Thanks.

CMike,

Start here

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/36618/

Last edited:
CMike,

Distasters....
War on Poverty
Education

CMike,

Good summation.

And the message included the point that the Democrats are progressives and the GOP is progressive lite, but they have both been a progressive cancer within the system.

CMike, FOXFyre, I'll have to check it out when I get home. It usually takes me at least an hour to get home from work with the distance I drive and the traffic. So it may be later tonight as I don't always rush to the PC when I get home. Especially after working on it all day.

Besides...24's on on Mondays...AND Lost.

However, I'll listen to the speech in its entirety, even if its tomorrow.

CMike, FOXFyre, I'll have to check it out when I get home. It usually takes me at least an hour to get home from work with the distance I drive and the traffic. So it may be later tonight as I don't always rush to the PC when I get home. Especially after working on it all day.

Besides...24's on on Mondays...AND Lost.

However, I'll listen to the speech in its entirety, even if its tomorrow.

Thanks Marc. You may or may not agree with Beck, but a willingness to hear him out is great. Have a good evening and quality time with your family, be refreshed and revigorated, and we'll see you back when it works out for you.

Glenn Beck took on the Republican Party as keynote speaker at CPAC this weekend. Below is the link to the entire speech. I urge everybody who can to listen to the whole thing, but at least listen to the first 10 to 15 minutes.

Points made in that time frame:

1. It is still morning in American. It is a head pounding, hung over, vomiting for four hours morning and it isn't going to be a great day, but it is still morning.

2. The problem is not Barack Obama. The problem is progressivism that is slowly eating away at the Constitution.

3. The Communist Party supports democracy as the best way to get past the Constitution.

4. Revolution is quick - at gunpoint. Evolution is slow, piece by piece, bit by bit, and the victim might not even realize that he is gradually getting more and more sick. That has been the case with the GOP. But when they are a progressive cancer, they must both be cut out or they will destroy. Progressivism cannot coexist with freedom.

5. It is not enough to just not suck as much as the other side sucks.

6. The GOP justifies progressivism by claiming to want to be a big tent. What are we, a circus? America is not a circus. It is an idea of freedom, opportunity, prosperty. Ideas that do not value those things do not deserve a place in the tent.

7. Freedom does not guarantee happiness or prosperity. But when we are denied the right to fail, we will almost always be denied the right to pursue happiness and prosperity.

Here is the link to the speech:

Newsmax - Beck Wants GOP to Confess Like Tiger Woods

Beck wiped his feet on Obama, when it came to that speech and without a teleprompter. Loved every minute of that exciting and informative speech. Hope to hear it again. I would even buy it on DVD. Beck replaced my number one pundit, Bill O. many months ago. Bill is now second. I am glad Beck is losing "some" of the theatrics he had in the early season a year ago. It's easier to take him seriously now. I won't miss a show. Go Glenn, baby.! Love you and thank you, GB. :clap2:

Distasters....
War on Poverty
Education
Got any hard evidence, proof of these assertions?

A few links/URLs would suffice.

Let me qualify them as well, no uberpartisan editorial blogs either. Hard news please.

And thanks.

What the GOP has to get away from:
1. Accepting and promoting that only Christians are conservatives.
2. Accepting and promoting that Obama is not a Christian and that no Democrat can be a good Christian.
Get rid of both of those and the rest will fall into place.
Only a big tent GOP can win. The elitism and finger pointing Limbaugh days have to end.
Otherwise, get used to it. 2nd place in politics is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

2. Accepting and promoting that Obama is not a Christian and that no Democrat can be a good Christian.
Only a big tent GOP can win. The elitism and finger pointing Limbaugh days have to end.
Otherwise, get used to it. 2nd place in politics is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
Both great points, however they have quite a bit more than that to do to get themselves in good standing.

Since only Christians being conservatives has not come up at ANY Tea Party event that I'm aware of--it certainly was not mentioned at ours--and it was not an issue at CPAC--and it is not a plank of ANY conservative platform that I know of, I think that issue must be your problem and not the GOPs.

Beck addressed the big tent issue. As most Americans are basically right of center, the Tea Party tent is plenty big enough for all. Per Beck: we are not a circus. America is an idea. And you don't put those who would diminish or destroy that idea into any kind of tent that you want to be viable.

According to Beck, the GOP needs to recognize its progressive mentality as a problem, as a cancer that needs to be cut out, admit the problem, tell the American people they are sorry for that and mean it which means they will change their ways. The cancer cannot co-exist with the idea that is America.

Glenn Beck took on the Republican Party as keynote speaker at CPAC this weekend. Below is the link to the entire speech. I urge everybody who can to listen to the whole thing, but at least listen to the first 10 to 15 minutes.

1. It is still morning in American. It is a head pounding, hung over, vomiting for four hours morning and it isn't going to be a great day, but it is still morning.

2. The problem is not Barack Obama. The problem is progressivism that is slowly eating away at the Constitution.

3. The Communist Party supports democracy as the best way to get past the Constitution.

4. Revolution is quick - at gunpoint. Evolution is slow, piece by piece, bit by bit, and the victim might not even realize that he is gradually getting more and more sick. That has been the case with the GOP. But when they are a progressive cancer, they must both be cut out or they will destroy. Progressivism cannot coexist with freedom.

6. The GOP justifies progressivism by claiming to want to be a big tent. What are we, a circus? America is not a circus. It is an idea of freedom, opportunity, prosperty. Ideas that do not value those things do not deserve a place in the tent.

7. Freedom does not guarantee happiness or prosperity. But when we are denied the right to fail, we will almost always be denied the right to pursue happiness and prosperity.

It amazes me that anyone can take comments such as these seriously. How can anyone give Beck credibility??

It amazes me that anyone can take comments such as these seriously. How can anyone give Beck credibility??

Those who make credible statements are given credibility. Those who dismiss somebody with absolutely zero defensible basis for why he or she is not credible are....well....not credible.

You haven't listened to the speech, have you.

Last edited:
A bunch of eliminationist rhetoric.

Fox, you once said something about the problems from the progressive era that we're still paying for and I conceded that some things have had drawbacks (like most legislation does), but I then asked you if you thought it all just happened in a vaccuum. You never answered.

Seems to me that when people knock the era that gave us a 40-hour work week, direct election of Senators, strengthened regulation of businesses to protect consumers and employees, as well as other benefits that a lot of Americans take for granted, it's like knocking Castro's Cuba without any acknowledgement of what brought about the revolution in the first place.

Distasters....
War on Poverty
Education

Let me qualify them as well, no uberpartisan editorial blogs either. Hard news please.

And thanks.

Proof that education is a disaster? You can't be serious.

War on poverty a disaster? Poverty is worse than ever.. big success huh.

What has happened with state representation since direct elections are they senatorial?
Or are the feral dogs fighting for federal table scraps ?

Federal government growth has been explosive.
No one is accountable , and they stay in office till death .

Distasters....
War on Poverty
Education

And thanks.

Proof that education is a disaster? You can't be serious.

War on poverty a disaster? Poverty is worse than ever.. big success huh.
Oh yeah the standards and high school curriculum in the 1900 vs today, an eight grader back then knew more that a collage grad .
The war on poverty complete fail we are working on 4th generation welfare people
Its a racket, a mafia .

Forum List

Back