Giving

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=163

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Decent article.

Good for creating discussion

COuld have been condensed to one or two paragraphs and not anything really new.

But our side cant sit silent, so the point does need to be made. I do have a problem with one comment, about the Repubs,

Ever hear of Sam Johnson? Me neither. He is a war vet, korea and vietnam. Spent 29 years in the air force. He flew fighter jets and was taken POW, spent half his 7 years of POW in solitary. He also happens to be a senator, who spoke on the same day Murtha did, in opposistion to Murtha, but who gets all the press as a war vet? I dont think its so much the repubs fault their message doesnt get out as it is the MSM.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

I think Bush is learning a hard lesson, I understand Karen Hughes is finally coming back on board, maybe they will actually have an engaged pr department now??

4. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :thup:

Karen has a grasp on reality...much more than Karl...sorry to say he is a Nevada reject!

5. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206

I tend to agree. I have a hunch the Press in Texas wasnt nearly the same as what he is experiencing in the national and international level. I think he will adapt to it though, his polls will go up, the only poll that matters is the one right before and during the next election cycle.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Karen was great during Bush's first term, she knows how to pound the message home.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I also think Bush and crew don't place much stock in polls because they believe they are doing the right thing and that will be proven down the road, problem is like you said polls do matter during election cycles, but Bush needs some support for the war effort lest he continues to have a hard daily sell to the American people.