dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Poll: Most voters want U.S. out of Iraq

Email this story

Printer friendly format

December 6, 2005, 9:15 AM EST

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Most Americans think going to war was the wrong thing to do and want to see troops pulled out of Iraq, according to a new poll.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday shows that 60 percent of voters favor withdrawing from Iraq and 54 percent believe going to war was wrong.

Americans are split over whether President Bush deliberately misled Americans in making the case for war.

Bush posted his lowest Quinnipiac poll rating since taking office, with 40 percent of voters saying they approve of the job he is doing.

Congress fared even worse, with 61 percent of voters disapproving of the job it is doing. Members of Bush's administration, including Vice President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, also got disapproving marks.

Voters gave Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice a positive rating, 61-25 percent.

The Quinnipiac poll surveyed 1,230 registered voters nationwide last week. The survey has a margin of error of 2.8 percentage points.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...,0,7659856.story?coll=ny-region-apconnecticut

I guess ALL politicians arent doing real well these days. I'll give newsday some credit for at least printing it.

dilloduck said:
Poll: Most voters want U.S. out of Iraq

Email this story

Printer friendly format

December 6, 2005, 9:15 AM EST

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Most Americans think going to war was the wrong thing to do and want to see troops pulled out of Iraq, according to a new poll.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday shows that 60 percent of voters favor withdrawing from Iraq and 54 percent believe going to war was wrong.

Americans are split over whether President Bush deliberately misled Americans in making the case for war.

Bush posted his lowest Quinnipiac poll rating since taking office, with 40 percent of voters saying they approve of the job he is doing.

Congress fared even worse, with 61 percent of voters disapproving of the job it is doing. Members of Bush's administration, including Vice President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, also got disapproving marks.

Voters gave Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice a positive rating, 61-25 percent.

The Quinnipiac poll surveyed 1,230 registered voters nationwide last week. The survey has a margin of error of 2.8 percentage points.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...,0,7659856.story?coll=ny-region-apconnecticut

I guess ALL politicians arent doing real well these days. I'll give newsday some credit for at least printing it.

I thought polls don't matter...

the incredible irony is that individually most congress members do very
well in their districts.

So with 99% reelected the Soviet Union polit bureau indeed was representing
the people better then their capitalistic counterpart these days :teeth:

Forum List

Back