Get woke, go broke: Sports Illustrated is history

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
After insulting fans for years and putting dudes in bikinis on the cover of what used to be the only good thing about the magazine, Sports Illustrated has gone full Bud Light and is shutting down.

LOL!

1705691094830.png

After insulting fans for years and putting dudes in bikinis on the cover of what used to be the only good thing about the magazine, Sports Illustrated has gone full Bud Light and is shutting down.

LOL!

View attachment 890368

Damn, and here I was looking forward to a swimsuit cover of a pregnant man with a five o'clock shadow wearing a bikini.

SI has sucked for, like, forever.

They've always been the People magazine of the sports world....Just puffy dreck.

SI used to be cutting edge sports reporting and the swimsuit issue was just a sideshow.

Nobody reads magazines anymore and ESPN and other sports outlets beat SI on the big stories.

SI is now irrelevant

SI used to provide a cerebral balance to sports. But they had to suffer the fate of technological change that newspapers have had to.
ESPN has done more damage to sports imagery than SI ever did. ESPN celebrates boorishness to point of it becoming requisite. SI was forced to keep up with that trash in order to survive.
RIP SI.

LOL!

View attachment 890368

Odd how there no mention of of your assertions that "going woke" had anything to do with it.

Magazines as an industry have been flailing for a while now, and over the last few years SI has gone from weekly to biweekly to monthly so readership has been falling for a while. Then there's the whole AI scandal which is probably the final straw here.

Odd how there no mention of of your assertions that "going woke" had anything to do with it.

2 and a half years ago it was picked up on that they were trying to "go woke."

Now they don't "gone broke." Liberal shitheads ruined SI. Sad.

Magazines as an industry have been flailing for a while now, and over the last few years SI has gone from weekly to biweekly to monthly so readership has been falling for a while. Then there's the whole AI scandal which is probably the final straw here.
I subscribed to it for decades but dropped my subscription a few years ago when they became woke.

I don't think my single subscription did them in but there were a lot more like me that just didn't want to put up with their sicko woke shit.

They suffer from stupidity like a lot of other big city media assholes. They are all Moon Bats that run the magazines and think the rest of America is just as sick as they are.

You have an excuse for everything, don't you?

The magazine is already too pricey. Plus, you still can find lots of real hot woman in teeny bikini, the ones with vagina, not a penis, online.

Forum List

Back