George Will: Sarah Palin 'Cannot Be Elected' President

I'm a guy...but no worries about the mistake.

To all those who typed the predictable and obvious "good riddance" replies...what ever happened to civil discourse? you make yourselves look really desperate and hateful when you say things like that.

Not that I care really...USMB isn't the board for people actually talking about things politely ;)

You are crying little baby that wants to leave if your guy doesn't win. Good riddance to a waste of space.

Awwww...is that supposed to make you a bad ass? Anonymous internet bravado? *points and laughs* hahahahahaha I bet you're a real shit kicker from behind that screen. (Expects a "shit-packer" response from Retired...obvious)

The killer app of the internet isn't email...it's the forum board...where people suffer delusions of grandeur.

I speak 4 languages, have property in 3 other countries and have spent more than a third of my life outside the U.S. - moving wouldnt be a problem. It'd be fun to laugh at the decline of the U.S. from Italy or Austria...of course it would be a bit sad too.

Fuck You. Why wait, move now. You're like obie wan you have nothing but disdain for this country. You suck the hind tit.

Yeah, I'm still fielding comment in the McCarthy thread about how he blacklsted Zero Mostel, was against fluoride in the water and might have John Kerry'ed his own war injuries

You are fielding, hiding from and ignoring, facts Frank in response to your comments.
Are you now claiming George Will is a liberal leftist communist that has spies at State?

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly Palin faded from the national political stage once that whole Juan McCain fiasco ended.

Amazing I tell you.

The left is to scared of her, they keep her going even when she runs out of things to say.

George Will the left?

He's said unfavorable things to say about their saviour. So that puts him firmly in with the leftists, communists, marxists, and every other "ist" they can come up with.

She was already an incredible successful governor. She left because she and her family were being targeted by Obama's lawyers and the media. I would have left too.

Thats not a reason to leave. You stand your ground, stay and fight even against the odds

One thing I know about is winning.
Either on the field or in politics.
The Republicans care about ONE THING.
Can Palin WIN?
Show me ONE Republican ANYWHERE that states they support her and that they believe she can win.
Will is right.
Sarah Palin is history. So what? She is a good woman and person but I would not vote for a quitter. I like her but that does not matter.
The Republicans JUST WON and they DO NOT want her.
Boo hoo.

She was already an incredible successful governor. She left because she and her family were being targeted by Obama's lawyers and the media. I would have left too.

"Successful" governor's don't quit in their first term simply because the "heat is on".

Also, claiming that Obama had anything to do with this is absurd.

Palin quit, because she is not tough enough for the job. Not tough enough for Anchorage, definately not tough enough for D.C.

It's as simple as that.

Good for Will for saying ver batum what we've all been saying for the past year.

It's irrelevant. Palin is in it for the $ (which is why she left in the first place). There is no way she is going to take a pay cut to actually be a leader.

Partisan politics aside (as most GOP members on her agree), she doesn't deserve the job.

LOL. And what was she targeted for by Obamas Lawyers? They must have had something pretty damning against her to force her to quit as Governor. So what was it?

"Successful" governor's don't quit in their first term simply because the "heat is on".

Palin quit, because she is not tough enough for the job. Not tough enough for Anchorage, definately not tough enough for D.C.

It's as simple as that.

Good for Will for saying ver batum what we've all been saying for the past year.

It's irrelevant. Palin is in it for the $ (which is why she left in the first place). There is no way she is going to take a pay cut to actually be a leader.

Partisan politics aside (as most GOP members on her agree), she doesn't deserve the job.

Actually, she quit to start the PAC, so she can run for President.

Its coming. Might want to hit Travelocity or Orbitz before the servers get overloaded.

I do not believe you are that stupid.
You stated what you know is not true.
What makes you do that?

She had a 500,000 dollar legal debt due to her opponents filing frivolous lawsuits against her.

As a state employee, she would have been defended by the state.

Hell, if that failed, she could have passed a hat around. Look at how much money "SarahPAC" made.

The "they sued me into quitting!" bullshit is just a weak assed cop-out.

No one could make Palin quit. She did that on her own.

It's as simple as that.

Its coming. Might want to hit Travelocity or Orbitz before the servers get overloaded.

Keep telling yourself that. Has her PAC explicitly stated that it was for her future presidential run? No. There is a reason for that.

Here's the deal, the second Palin announces that she isn't going to run (it's coming) her stock drops and she loses money. That's why she is being such a cock tease to her acolytes.

I never claimed Sarah was "dumb" (ignorant, yes. "Dumb" no. She's very crafty at using her image to make $). In that light, I doubt she is going to waste one dime on a run that she knows is doomed.

If she is that dumb, she will get eviscerated. She has the thinnest skin of any candidate in the field. She whines about everything. The American people won't tolerate it.

If she runs and wins, I won't leave the country. I don't believe in that. I'll just stay her and do my damnedest to make sure she is a one term president.

I do not believe you are that stupid.
You stated what you know is not true.
What makes you do that?

She had a 500,000 dollar legal debt due to her opponents filing frivolous lawsuits against her.

As a state employee, she would have been defended by the state.

Hell, if that failed, she could have passed a hat around. Look at how much money "SarahPAC" made.

The "they sued me into quitting!" bullshit is just a weak assed cop-out.

No one could make Palin quit. She did that on her own.

The RNC paid the rest of her legal fees.
The lawsuits had nothing to do with her resignation.
NONE of them went away with her resignation. The suits were filed BEFORE she quit. You folks believe if you are sued the suits are dropped if you quit your job or prior civil acts are null and void because you quit your job?:cuckoo:
No one REALLY believes Palin quit because of frivolous lawsuits. It sounds good so they run with it.

Successful governor? Leaving in the middle of a term? That's the exact opposite of successful.

Governor is the type of position that really shows if you can lead well. It's like a national microphone and resume booster all in one. It's just the kind of stage where you can show/prove that you've got the mettle for the presidency. If she left, either she's entirely devoid of brains (even I wont say "entirely") or she was running from scrutiny. The latter is the reason.

The work in Alaska became harder, in part due to the fact that once she became a national news item, that changed perceptions of her at home...and made her vulnerable. Once things got hard...and once she got so embroiled in all the shitstorm surrounding her - loving and hating the drama of political office...she couldn't handle it. Pure and simple.

If she can't handle it on a state level...there's NO Fing way she can handle it on a national level.

George Will: Sarah Palin 'Cannot Be Elected' President

"She had to go back and be a successful governor of Alaska, and she had to do her homework. She's done neither. The hope is that perhaps she's making so much money -- and she's a very astute businesswoman -- that she won't want to take the pay-cut to become a mere presidential candidate."

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH..., don't the Tea Partiers know. :eusa_hand:

It's as simple as that.

Keep telling yourself that. Has her PAC explicitly stated that it was for her future presidential run? No. There is a reason for that.

Here's the deal, the second Palin announces that she isn't going to run (it's coming) her stock drops and she loses money. That's why she is being such a cock tease to her acolytes.

I never claimed Sarah was "dumb" (ignorant, yes. "Dumb" no. She's very crafty at using her image to make $). In that light, I doubt she is going to waste one dime on a run that she knows is doomed.

If she is that dumb, she will get eviscerated. She has the thinnest skin of any candidate in the field. She whines about everything. The American people won't tolerate it.

If she runs and wins, I won't leave the country. I don't believe in that. I'll just stay her and do my damnedest to make sure she is a one term president.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand sarah pac was started in jan '09, when sarah paclin was still governess.

Forum List

Back