George Lucas should have his ass kicked

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Anxious about those new Star Wars (original trilogy) DVD's? Check this out:

My friend got advance copies of the DVD.

Here are some blood-boiling tidbits:

1)In some bizzare compromise, instead of Greedo shooting FIRST, now Han and Greedo shoot AT THE SAME TIME. Dumb!!! The moment was so badass because Han assessed the situation, and took the dude out without him even being aware there was a gun pointed at him.

2) Sit down for this one. Hayden IS put into the end of JEDI, and is the Anakin-Ghost. LAME.

3)The new emporer replaces the old one in the hologram conversation in EMPIRE.

4) Jango Fett's voice is now Boba Fett's voice.

More details later on, as I get updates.

This is from another board I visit, by the way. Really, does he think that this is going to make people happy? Most of my childhood film-viewing memories deal in some capacity with Star Wars movies and now this bearded tool is ruining every memory. Does he think that people won't realize that JEDI was made in 1983, almost 20 years before Hayden Christensen ever entered into the Star Wars legacy? Boba Fett's voice was very cool, now that's ruined. Han was SUPPOSED to start off as an amoral character, out only for himself. Well, I'm glad I've got my VHS copies.

On the other hand, the DVD also includes Kurt Russel screen tests (which are readily available on the Net) and scenes shot in which Chewbacca speaks with a British accent (WTF????).

I, for one, will be boycotting these DVDs and Episode III. Thanks for the ruined memories, George!

I like the part about getting Ian McDiarmind to redo the hologram conversation with Vader in ESB. The current hologram looks different sounds different, and doesn't have the cool accent.

All the other changes are horrendous.

yeh It's to bad about Indy 4 also he scrapped that- It was all set up-Why arn't those hollywood type's more loyal? - I also heard they where thinking about a Young Indy movie They just don't get it- better not to make one at all. When they were In the process of casting terminator 3 the Director was giving swartzinator crap to -It's like you may think there reaching out to that " Younger Audiance" dont they get everyone elt's walk's? alot of the directors have a real bloted Idea of themself's With the possibe exception of stanely kubrik who was a genious.

Yes, most directors are full of themselves to a certain extent. They kind of have to be, it's a profession based around the idea that your vision for a movie is the best and most profitable one. To that extent, all artists have to be a little full of themselves, or else why would they feel they needed to have others hear what they have to say?

That said, Lucas and Spielberg are getting out of control. I understand, yes, they're their movies, they can do what they want, but they should also consider the fact that the audience is a very important part of the filmmaking process. Spielberg isn't quite as guilty as Lucas, but his changes are really stupid, too. I mean, really, was it bothering anybody that the FBI agents had rifles in E.T., or that a kid tells another kid "you look like a terrorist"?

Also, something most people don't mention or realize about Lucas, he only directed the first Star Wars. He produced Empire and wrote the screenplay for Jedi (a screenplay which, by most accounts, was dreadful and had to be rewritten many many times). Okay, it was all his idea, I guess, but for him to have total creative control over these movies is crazy. Plus, a lot of these changes show that Lucas never had a big master plan from the get-go, like he's been saying.

Forum List

Back