"Genocide" Perpetrated By The Administration Via Katrina

Jeez, the fact that everyone already knows it?

YOU didn't seem to know about IT.

Would you hire a "back up" quarterback that couldn't throw, or an understudy that couldn't act? What good is a "back up" when it is apparently incapable of filling in for the primary?

Thought FEMA, and the military(US Coast Guard)filled in just fine. This was a catastrophic disaster Spiderman, we should be thankful for the assets that we DO have, and the unfortunate, but low lost of life.

The "lay of the land"? Are you kidding? The U.S. Government has the most accurate maps of the entire United States than anyone else, and the U.S. military is entirely capable of performing in any geographical situation provided its given the proper orders, as the Coast Guard amply demonstrated.

I'm a little fuzzy on your point here.:confused:

The Red Cross did as well as would be expected, they didn't, for instance, possess the might of the U.S. military and take days to even start to rescue thousands of stranded people w/o food water sanitation or health care. They had some failures, but no one is perfect.

The same SHOULD be said for the others, that put their life on the line to rescue people, that were given ample time, and opportunity to evacuate the area.

Please, elaborate.

This country is turning into a country of takers, cry babies, I want it now, and people that rely on the government from birth till death. What you saw in NO is a result of that mentality.

People need to show just a little self reliance.

Jeez, the fact that everyone already knows it?

Would you hire a "back up" quarterback that couldn't throw, or an understudy that couldn't act? What good is a "back up" when it is apparently incapable of filling in for the primary?

The "lay of the land"? Are you kidding? The U.S. Government has the most accurate maps of the entire United States than anyone else, and the U.S. military is entirely capable of performing in any geographical situation provided its given the proper orders, as the Coast Guard amply demonstrated.

The Red Cross did as well as would be expected, they didn't, for instance, possess the might of the U.S. military and take days to even start to rescue thousands of stranded people w/o food water sanitation or health care. They had some failures, but no one is perfect.

Please, elaborate.

It's stupid to wait until it' 63-0 before you call in the back-up QB.

YOU didn't seem to know about IT.

I was well aware of the fact, but thanks for your concern.

Thought FEMA, and the military(US Coast Guard)filled in just fine. This was a catastrophic disaster Spiderman, we should be thankful for the assets that we DO have, and the unfortunate, but low lost of life.

Sorry, I wasn't aware the job of the Director of FEMA in an emergency was to worry about his dinner reservations, when he could go home, and what tie he was wearing.

The same SHOULD be said for the others, that put their life on the line to rescue people, that were given ample time, and opportunity to evacuate the area.

Evacuate with what? Wings?

This country is turning into a country of takers, cry babies, I want it now, and people that rely on the government from birth till death.

From birth till death? So its your contention that the victims at the Convention Center planned their stranding, without food water sanitation health or law enforcement, from the moment they were born, and are presently planning another opportunity to place themselves in a life threatening situation so the government can rescue them?

Birth till death? How does expecting the US Government to take immediate and decisive action to save the lives of thousands of American citizens on American soil equate to relying on the government from "birth till death" ? You need to take a class in logic, you make absolutely no sense.

What you saw in NO is a result of that mentality.

People need to show just a little self reliance.

A little? What you mean to say is that people should expect to get absolutely nothing in return for the taxes they pay the government. Expecting the government to step in to help save thousands of lives on US soil is hardly a mentality that is lacking in all aspects of self reliance, its a mentality that the government is by, of, as well as FOR, the people. Your argument is absurd. Expecting the federal government to step in requires nothing more than expecting that the democratic will of the people be done.

Do you expect the government to put murderers in prison? I hope not - because that would mean you aren't self reliant. Do you expect them to punish tax cheats? I hope not - because that would mean you aren't self reliant. In fact, by your definition, if you expect the government to do ANYTHING that the democratically elected representatives of this nation have told it to do, you aren't for self reliance.

Where was the whinning from the people of the Mississippi Gulf Coast which was worse than just being flooded, they were completely destroyed? The only thing I remember seeing about Mississippi was a lady talking about all of her possessions including her home and car being washed away but she wasn't complaining, she was thanking God for her and her family's lives being spared. This was someone who actually owned her home, wasn't using the government for a handout and wasn't asking the government for anything.

Quite a contrast from the professional whinners of New Orleans which have been taken to cities all over the south and screwed up where ever they ended up. Houston's murder rate is up substantially, corruption is rampant and in an economy that has a jobless rate of less than 5% FEMA is still funding these shits to continue to breed. On top of that, illegal mexicans are the ones that are rebuilding New Orleans..... typical.

Where was the whinning from the people of the Mississippi Gulf Coast which was worse than just being flooded, they were completely destroyed?

Fortunately, the people of the Mississippi Gulf coast for the most part own cars (its the kind of place where it would be pretty inconvenient to not have a car), and were better able to evacuate. Similarly, the people of Cameron parish, a rural area where owning a reliable vehicle is a must, were 99.9% evacuated for Rita.

The only thing I remember seeing about Mississippi was a lady talking about all of her possessions including her home and car being washed away but she wasn't complaining, she was thanking God for her and her family's lives being spared.

If that's the only thing you remembered seeing about Mississippi you haven't been following the news. There is a massive lawsuit against Allstate which has screwed over thousands of Mississippi residents. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,239258,00.html
Plus the cities of Biloxi and Gulfport and Bay St. Louis were all but wiped off the map. You may remember seeing that about Mississippi as well.

This was someone who actually owned her home, wasn't using the government for a handout and wasn't asking the government for anything.

Its not my fault she paid taxes all her life and then turned into a financial idiot.

Quite a contrast from the professional whinners of New Orleans which have been taken to cities all over the south and screwed up where ever they ended up.

Yeah I'm sure if you had suddenly deposited 100,000 poor people from say, Detroit, into Houston nothing bad would have happened. They would all have jobs and become productive members of the Houston society and economy within a few months.

Houston's murder rate is up substantially,

That's because there's 100,000 more poor folks there without jobs.

I shouldn't really have to say this - but economies aren't grown overnight. You can't drop 100,000 unemployed people into a city and expect that city to produce 100,000 jobs overnight. It doesn't work like that.

corruption is rampant and in an economy that has a jobless rate of less than 5% FEMA is still funding these shits to continue to breed.

Don't you mean to say "*******" instead of "shits" ? Or do you mean "children" ?

Since high minded folk like yourself don't want to reopen public housing in New Orleans, nor do you want to reopen any services for the poor for that matter, like Charity Hospital, you can expect the poor diaspora of New Orleans to remain in places like Houston. They might move into your neighborhood. Rape your daughter. Piss all over your statue of the virgin mary. Knock the jockey off your lawn. Or worse yet, elect your representatives. Poor children especially, I hate those little winers myself. Its their fault their parents are poor.

On top of that, illegal mexicans are the ones that are rebuilding New Orleans..... typical.
I agree that corporations need to be punished more severely for employing illegals. If there were no jobs that illegals could get, they would stop coming here.

No, in fact, state governments are not equipped to handle apocalyptic scale humanitarian disasters, that's why we pay the bulk of our taxes to the federal government. The level of government best equipped to help the citizens in need failed just as miserably as the other levels which were ill equipped.

I don't know what country you come from, or what planet for that matter, but this is America and a good American doesn't stand by and watch his fellow American drown and neither does a good American federal government.

Now I am curious, what are the tax stats of state v federal government. I just find it difficult to see why we should be paying most of our taxes to the federal government rather than locally.

I also find it hard to believe you really think that politicians in Washington can better meet the needs of Lousiana citizens then the local officials who are on the ground and knows exactly what those problems are.

You also seem to confuse the government with the people. No one has prevented good Americans from acting on behalf of his fellow Americans. But how does making people dependant on the government encourage people to do this? As demonstrated through numerous studies we have discussed on the board. Liberal focus on making the government take control actually discourages people to act on their own. That is why conservatives are far more willing to give of their time and money to help others than liberals are. The liberals don't think its their responsibility because the government does it.

We have not discovered the bottom of what blacks can blame whites for. I don't think there is one. Get yourself comfortable with that idea.

You still don't understand that by making it a race matter you are keeping us from reaching a solution as much as those who you criticize are. It's kinda sad. This isn't about blacks and whites. Its about Americans.

You know what's really sad about all this? Is it demonstrates how quickly people will blindly lap up what the media lies about just as long as it makes the President look bad.

Now I am curious, what are the tax stats of state v federal government. I just find it difficult to see why we should be paying most of our taxes to the federal government rather than locally.
I pay most of mine to the feds. I suppose if I owned a lot of property or I was really poor and paid nothing but sales tax, that would be different.

Either way, we pay a LOT to the feds
I also find it hard to believe you really think that politicians in Washington can better meet the needs of Lousiana citizens then the local officials who are on the ground and knows exactly what those problems are.

It wasn't politicians we were hoping for, it was helicopters and shipments of food water and medical supplies, and a faster response especially to those in the most dire need.

You also seem to confuse the government with the people.
No one has prevented good Americans from acting on behalf of his fellow Americans. But how does making people dependant on the government encourage people to do this? As demonstrated through numerous studies we have discussed on the board. Liberal focus on making the government take control actually discourages people to act on their own.

So you're saying that the government should have completely ignored the Hurricane, that way the people of New Orleans would have been able to magically sprout wings and fly themselves to safety? Or do you mean to say the government should have allowed a few hundred children at the Convention Center to starve to death as a warning to all children who have poor parents and live in a flood plain?

That is why conservatives are far more willing to give of their time and money to help others than liberals are. The liberals don't think its their responsibility because the government does it.

I (a LIBERAL) spent the first week after the storm ferrying carloads of food and water into the area north of the lake, as well as helping others to coordinate their efforts to bring supplies into the area, and my brother and I also put up 2 doctors, 3 Red Cross volunteers, and 3 storm victims in our house - all this while the federal government (save the Coast Guard - God Bless them!) was doing virtually NOTHING. Later my super-liberal father who spends his time suing oil companies would team up with a conservative Christian friend of his and throw a carnival for the kiddies at the shelter. Most of the volunteer labor would come from a bunch of drug addicts in rehab who wanted to get off drugs and do something positive. We (the citizens of La.) didn't really care about the distinction of right and left at the time because we were all doing everything we could to help and we all knew that the local, state, and federal governments, that democrats and republicans, had failed us. So go piss on yourself.

I'm sick and tired of this suggestion that liberals don't do anything to help out and want the government to take care of it. While the majority of the nation was at best yawning and at worst bitching about the fact that people in dire need of help needed help - liberals and conservatives and christians and atheists and all sorts of people (including prison trustees that we met in Bogalusa) were all sweating and working as hard as we could to make things better.

You know what's really sad about all this? Is it demonstrates how quickly people will blindly lap up what the media lies about just as long as it makes the President look bad.

Yes, truly, that is the saddest and most devastating thing to come out of Katrina. Its truly sad. How horrible. I can take billions of dollars in property losses and hundreds of dead people and thousands of broken homes and a city and region in utter despair - but for people to make President Bush, clearly the most awesome and charismatic President ever, look bad - well that's an ATROCITY of magnitude never before witnessed, truly a national disaster of unparalleled proportions.

I was well aware of the fact, but thanks for your concern.

No worries.

Sorry, I wasn't aware the job of the Director of FEMA in an emergency was to worry about his dinner reservations, when he could go home, and what tie he was wearing.

Your an intelligent person Spiderman, you know full well what the Director of FEMA's job description is. But, I'll tell you this, part of the job description is to assist the State, and local agency's, NOT lead them.

Evacuate with what? Wings?

Well, in the end helicopters were needed, thanks in no small part in the breakdown of LOCAL government.

But more importantly, I'll mention the BUSES again, and with a WEEKS warning, many could of just walked out of the soon to be effected area's.

From birth till death? So its your contention that the victims at the Convention Center planned their stranding, without food water sanitation health or law enforcement, from the moment they were born, and are presently planning another opportunity to place themselves in a life threatening situation so the government can rescue them?

Yes, victims of their own inaction, and the total, and complete failure of local government.

And, if they had been allowed back in to those area's that were so terribly damaged by standing water, then YES they would be "planning another opportunity to place themselves in a life threatening situation". And again, would decry the LACK of government assistance. Its a cycle that can only be broken by getting off their lazy, uneducated, fat ass's, and attempting to do what YOU, and I do on a daily basis, take care of our families, and ourselves.

Birth till death? How does expecting the US Government to take immediate and decisive action to save the lives of thousands of American citizens on American soil equate to relying on the government from "birth till death" ? You need to take a class in logic, you make absolutely no sense.

Sir, the government DID take immediate action, FEMA did THEIR job. Discount to some extent, the mutterings you heard from the MSM, they can't get the story right on the best of days.

The only person here NOT showing an ounce of "logic"(your word), is you. You really need to revisit those horrible times in NO, watch, and listen to those being interviewed. They were looking for their "Uncle Sugar", their "Daddy", they weren't looking for immediate, and decisive action, even though, they wouldn't be getting that either, thanks in no small part to the complete, and total breakdown in the corrupt local government. You want to be mad, and disappointed, be able to point fingers, want your "pound of flesh", look to the locals sir, NOT the Fed's.

A little? What you mean to say is that people should expect to get absolutely nothing in return for the taxes they pay the government. Expecting the government to step in to help save thousands of lives on US soil is hardly a mentality that is lacking in all aspects of self reliance, its a mentality that the government is by, of, as well as FOR, the people. Your argument is absurd. Expecting the federal government to step in requires nothing more than expecting that the democratic will of the people be done.

Again, for you to say they got absolutely nothing is short sighted, at best. The government DID step in, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, and they DID save thousands of lives. But it all goes back to the old slogan, a hand up, NOT a hand out, get it?

I believe the will of the people was done, and though there is certainly room for improvement, as in ANY natural disaster, many lives were saved, that would have been lost, AND the FEDERAL government has thrown untold resources toward relocation, and job training for these "displaced", and "disadvantaged" peoples.

Do you expect the government to put murderers in prison? I hope not - because that would mean you aren't self reliant. Do you expect them to punish tax cheats? I hope not - because that would mean you aren't self reliant. In fact, by your definition, if you expect the government to do ANYTHING that the democratically elected representatives of this nation have told it to do, you aren't for self reliance.

I DO expect for murders to be dealt with by our government, and they are.

Tax cheaters ARE dealt with.

You are one of the masters at purposely bending, and twisting a response to fit YOUR agenda, that, however, doesn't change the truth of the matter.

This country could use a large dose of SELF RELIANCE, we wouldn't be in quite the mess we are right now.

Hey Spiderguy,
Why didn't the Chocolate Mayor come up with a work program that would have helped the displaced residents to not only rebuild their city but also become educated and skilled in everything it takes to do so? Instead of importing the workers from Mexico, why hasn't this "leader" actually shown some real leadership and created a way that these wonderful New Orleans citizens could have worked their way into homes of their own? I'm positive that these outstanding people would be lined up all the way to the crescent city for a chance to do some hard work for the city they love so much.

Then again, the Chocolate Mayor has been very busy making sure the precious Superdome was rebuilt bigger and better(much more important than those housing projects) and of course supervising Mardi Gras and all of it's parties.

How's he doing with that new murder rate in the city of love?

Your an intelligent person Spiderman, you know full well what the Director of FEMA's job description is. But, I'll tell you this, part of the job description is to assist the State, and local agency's, NOT lead them.
Really? I thought his job was to look good on TV.

Well, in the end helicopters were needed,
Yeah, exactly, that's the point, and the feds drug their asses in getting them there.
But more importantly, I'll mention the BUSES again, and with a WEEKS warning,

Oh, I had forgotten, the function of local government is to employ several fortune tellers to predict the next big storm, considering the tropical depression that would form into Katrina hadn't even existed until 6 days before landfall, and hadn't even been named until less than 5 days before the storm.

I'm confused as to how you expect ANYONE, local, state, federal, or any mortal for that matter, to be able to predict that a cat 5 hurricane would form in the Gulf before it even formed in the Atlantic.
many could of just walked out of the soon to be effected area's.
No, you cannot just walk 80 miles with enough food and water to support you and your family on 2 days notice. And it would be especially troublesome if you didn' t have proper backpacking equipment. Perhaps I'm wrong though, I'm sure you've had similar experiences and have walked your family much more than 80 miles in 2 days before, all the while running the risk of someone getting injured and having to wait out the storm with no shelter.

You are of course aware that the nearest place not under an evacuation order was 80 miles away, I'm sure.

Yes, victims of their own inaction, and the total, and complete failure of local government.
state and federal government, as well. Lazy poor people. They should have just WALKED out. Right. You are a nutbag.

And, if they had been allowed back in to those area's that were so terribly damaged by standing water, then YES they would be "planning another opportunity to place themselves in a life threatening situation".

Its a mass conspiracy, they must just want to be stranded.

And again, would decry the LACK of government assistance.

It depends on whether or not incompetent jackasses like Michael Brown and George Bush are in office.

Its a cycle that can only be broken by getting off their lazy, uneducated, fat ass's, and attempting to do what YOU, and I do on a daily basis, take care of our families, and ourselves.

No, I don't have to take care of my family in the middle of the worst hurricane in decades and then at a forgotten Superdome or Convention center on a daily basis - and neither do you.

Sir, the government DID take immediate action, FEMA did THEIR job.

No, they didn't. The President himself admits the Federal government failed.

The only person here NOT showing an ounce of "logic"(your word), is you. You really need to revisit those horrible times in NO, watch, and listen to those being interviewed. They were looking for their "Uncle Sugar", their "Daddy", they weren't looking for immediate, and decisive action, even though, they wouldn't be getting that either, thanks in no small part to the complete, and total breakdown in the corrupt local government. You want to be mad, and disappointed, be able to point fingers, want your "pound of flesh", look to the locals sir, NOT the Fed's.

I am the local you piece of human excrement.

Again, for you to say they got absolutely nothing is short sighted, at best. The government DID step in, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, and they DID save thousands of lives. But it all goes back to the old slogan, a hand up, NOT a hand out, get it?

So what did they do for the 2 1/2 days that thousands of people were crowded at the COnvention Center? Because I was under the impression they were doing nothing, perhaps I'm wrong.

I believe the will of the people was done,

And the majority of Americans as well as the entire city of New Orleans thinks your full of shit.

and though there is certainly room for improvement, as in ANY natural disaster, many lives were saved, that would have been lost, AND the FEDERAL government has thrown untold resources toward relocation, and job training for these "displaced", and "disadvantaged" peoples.
Job training? WTF are you talking about? They don't need job training, they HAD jobs, so presumably they're already trained DUH.

I DO expect for murders to be dealt with by our government, and they are.
Not here.
Why would you expect that anyway? Why can't you be more self reliant? Stop whining about murders and don't expect the government to step in and spend a bunch of my taxes on investigating any murders.

Tax cheaters ARE dealt with.

Why don't you deal with them yourself? Why can't you be more self reliant? Why does the government have to be the one to make sure your neighbor pays his fair share?

You are one of the masters at purposely bending, and twisting a response to fit YOUR agenda, that, however, doesn't change the truth of the matter.

You're the one equating the desire to be rescued from the middle of the most catastrophic disaster to hit the nation in decades with the desire to live a life from birth to death on government handouts.

This country could use a large dose of SELF RELIANCE, we wouldn't be in quite the mess we are right now.
Lets just close our eyes and pretend that all the poor folks in all the cities will start saving up to buy the hiking gear they'll need to evacuate the city on foot.

Hey Spiderguy,
Why didn't the Chocolate Mayor come up with a work program that would have helped the displaced residents to not only rebuild their city but also become educated and skilled in everything it takes to do so?

Educated and skilled? Hello, the people of New Orleans were educated and skilled before the storm hit. Its not like everyone instantly forgot how to do their jobs after they lost them.

Instead of importing the workers from Mexico, why hasn't this "leader" actually shown some real leadership and created a way that these wonderful New Orleans citizens could have worked their way into homes of their own?

So now its also the local governments responsibility to enforce federal immigration law? It would be wonderful if the feds cracked down on companies like Haliburton that subcontract out to companies they know damn well are hiring illegals.

I'm positive that these outstanding people would be lined up all the way to the crescent city for a chance to do some hard work for the city they love so much.

They are. There are plenty of jobs, too. You seem to not at all understand the issues.

We don't need a "jobs" program or "training" There are jobs coming out the walls here. Every open restaurant is short staffed. Every legal office is down a person or two. Plenty of jobs. Why do you think the MExicans are showing up en masse?

Problem is THERE'S NOWHERE TO LIVE.

Then again, the Chocolate Mayor has been very busy making sure the precious Superdome was rebuilt bigger and better(much more important than those housing projects) and of course supervising Mardi Gras and all of it's parties.

You again reveal your complete ignorance. First off, the Superdome isn't run by the city, its run by the state. Second off, this city's #1 industry is tourism. You are suggesting we recover by canceling our #1 tourist event - Mardi Gras - and by making sure the Superdome remains closed so big tourist events like the Sugar Bowl (and next year the Sugar Bowl and the National Championship) won't go on, as well as the numerous conferences held in the dome throughout the year. You are in effect suggesting we rebuild the city by not rebuilding the parts of it that support its #1 industry - a pretty dumb idea if you ask me and I'm glad you aren't in charge of it.
How's he doing with that new murder rate in the city of love?
Horrible. What's your solution? Close your eyes and hope that all the criminals will become personally responsible and self reliant?

Forum List

Back