"Genocide" Perpetrated By The Administration Via Katrina

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    genocide against whom? People who wont get themselves out of harms way?

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Does it really matter Avatar? As long as the charge is made?

4. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Against American citizens in need of immediate humanitarian aid.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Those citizens wouldn't even have been there if it weren't for humanitarian aid.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Thats what the state governments are for.

Besides the term genocide cant apply to such a classs.

7. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    No, in fact, state governments are not equipped to handle apocalyptic scale humanitarian disasters, that's why we pay the bulk of our taxes to the federal government. The level of government best equipped to help the citizens in need failed just as miserably as the other levels which were ill equipped.

I don't know what country you come from, or what planet for that matter, but this is America and a good American doesn't stand by and watch his fellow American drown and neither does a good American federal government.

8. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I live on the north side of the lake and went through Katrina also. The only person that could have done more was the mayor and councilmen of New Orleans. Our state and federal government went far and beyond what was required of them. I have 5 family members in New Orleans that lost 100% of everything they own and only one has collected a dimes worth of insurance. But all 5 families are now back it their new homes (most are double wides) and doing good. Their total help per family from and Government was the initial two thousand from FEMA and all the MREs they could eat. I need a few thousand more to finish my damage, but everything is going to work out and I'm not going to be indebted to taxpayers that whine like you do. And nobody watched nobody drown that could be saved. Everything that could be done was done to try to save the ignorant people that wouldn't leave when they were told to do so. If the able bodied ones would have left, that would have left less more deserving people to have to save. One thing that the Government is guilty of though, is not imploding all the existing buildings and breaking the dams and letting nature take its course for a few years and then building back on the high ground.

9. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    It is refreshing to read some honesty from someone that actually lived it. This asshole Barney Franks spits on the extraordinary work the Coast Guard did to save thousands of these fools that refused to leave. I'm sorry, I watched the progress of that storm and New Orleans was actually very lucky. The breaking of levys has been predicted for decades, it is fortunate that it wasn't the Mississippi levys that gave way, those will go next time and have no doubt about that.... there will be a next time.

Being from Louisiana I have sat through quite a few hurricanes, we never had the advanced warning that came with this one. How could anyone, especially the mayor, watch the color radar footage and not predict how very disasterous this was going to be? The New Orleans people told the world how very stupid they are when they re-electing that idiot racist when he and the Governor should have been run out of the state after a good tar abd feathering. You couldn't pay me to go anywhere near New Orleans.

The truth be known, the Red Cross and the Federal Government were ready to go in but the state wouldn't let them, that is the facts. The city spent 225 million adding luxury boxes to the Superdome the year before, they could have placed provisions like food and water in it with some of that money. Anyone that has walked through Jackson Square and has a brain knew that New Orleans was and still is a disaster waiting to happen, I blame the people and the jerks they have elected for the last century, the Federal Government has nothing to do with it.

10. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    We have not discovered the bottom of what blacks can blame whites for. I don't think there is one. Get yourself comfortable with that idea.